“Would stay here again definitely !”

Best Western Premier The Central Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #2 of 51 Hotels in Harrisburg
Reviewed August 18, 2013

My family and I had a great stay ... This hotel is very clean , rooms were spacious and very clean . New mattresses were very comfortable . Staff were extremely friendly and helpful, always cleaning and very attentative !
I was sick and staff at the front desk were very nice in drying me tea and got water after the Resteraunt on site was closed.
Pool was very clean and big . Fitness center was actually very nice compared to other more expensive hotels I've stayed at . Game room was nice to have for the kids . Overall great hotel for your dollar . Would stay there again definitely !

• Stayed: August 2013
Write a ReviewReviews (1,581)

Reviewed August 17, 2013

As I get older I'm getting more picky about my hotels and now try to avoid the budget-centric hotels. My family and I were very pleased with this hotel. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. The room was very clean and nicely appointed, though a bit small. My only real complaint was the bed was too firm for my taste. Great pool and the hotel breakfast was a good deal. It was $9/adult and kids eat free but the food selection was much better than the typical "free" breakfast I've had at other hotels so it was worth the cost. I would absolutely stay at this hotel again.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
BWPremierCentral, General Manager at Best Western Premier The Central Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2013

Dear Experienced Traveler,

Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your recent stay with us at the Best Western Premier, the Central Hotel! We appreciate your recognition of our clean, comfortable accommodations, as well as the personal service you received during your time with us. We are also pleased with your experience in O’Reilly’s Taproom & Kitchen; as we are proud to provide our guests with an exceptional value for breakfast by offering a full hot breakfast buffet, in addition to our ala carte options. It is our quality of food and exceptional service that truly distinguishes the Best Western Premier, the Central Hotel from other hotels in the Harrisburg/ Hershey area.

We certainly understand that mattresses are an amenity of preference, and typically receive rave reviews of our Serta Perfect Sleepers, all of which have been replaced in 2013. Regardless, we appreciate your feedback, as it is through our guests’ observations, and remarks that we will continue to improve our services! We look forward to an opportunity to welcome you back to the Central Hotel during future visits to the Harrisburg/ Hershey area.

Reviewed August 16, 2013

Checked in a little early front desk staff was accommodating, even put my family in connecting rooms. Had an issue on my end they helped me solve and staff was really polite. Would go back first chance I got. Family enjoyed the pool and fitness area. The only bad thing about my stay was that I was only there for two days would have loved to stay at least a week. Wish I could have stayed longer will be staying there in the future.

Reviewed August 14, 2013

stay at this hotel for business...very impress with service and staff...housekeeping very professional and attentive...good food...overall excellent stay...keep good job...front desk very helpful.KIM housekeeper very attentive and funny.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
BWPremierCentral, General Manager at Best Western Premier The Central Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2013

Dear Valued Corporate Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback regarding your recent stay at the Best Western Premier, the Central Hotel while visiting nearby Hershey Park! Our efforts are directed towards providing the highest level of guest services, hospitality, and comfort, which set us apart from other hotels in the Harrisburg, Hershey area.

We have recognized Kim for providing superior care for our guests, as it is through our team’s commitment to guest service that we will continue to provide guests with memorable experiences! Our convenient location, combined with clean, well maintained guest room accommodations, an array of amenities including a full service restaurant, and exceptional service and care makes the Central Hotel the perfect choice for corporate guests in the area. We look forward to providing many more corporate travelers in the region with a memorable overnight experience!

Kind Regards,

Reviewed August 14, 2013

When we arrived, we were upgraded to a room with a hot tub in the bedroom. The room was very big, clean and the bed was comfortable. The view overlooking the main lobby was very nice as was the lobby itself. The staff was friendly, courteous and very professional. There was a problem with an additional reservation which was resolved quickly and a room was made available to us. The hotel was located to area restaurants, service stations and shopping malls and right off the main highway.

Dear Valued Central Guest,

We appreciate your wonderful comments regarding your stay with us, and are pleased that we were able to exceed your expectations! Our team takes pride in providing our guests with clean, well maintained accommodations, and we thank you for recognizing our efforts! We are privileged to have a dedicated team of individuals who truly care for our guests, and their accommodations. Paired with industry leading tools and resources from Best Western, we are proud to provide guest rooms that are clean and fresh for all our guests! We look forward to welcoming you back to the Best Western Premier, the Central Hotel during future visits to the Harrisburg, Hershey region.

Reviewed August 13, 2013

I stayed at this Best Western this past weekend (August 2013) when i attended the Joyce Meyer Conference. While I had a comfortable and welcoming stay my room had a few hiccups. When we walked in I notice that the microwave and refrigerator were turn off. I had some food items that needed to be refrigerated. So after about three minutes we realized that we had to switch on the main light switch (in corridor) for it to be turned on. The bad thing was- at night to go to bed if we switched off the main switch which was connected to the light the microwave and fridge would also switch off. Long story short, we slept with the lights in the corridor on. It wasn't as bad because we were exhausted after such amazing conference anyway! I would stay there again. I might just switch rooms- hopefully they all do not have the same problem. (Room 269)

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
BWPremierCentral, General Manager at Best Western Premier The Central Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking a moment to share your feedback regarding your recent experience with us at the Best Western Premier, the Central Hotel. Your comments regarding our comfortable guest rooms and welcoming, friendly staff are a tribute to our team members who are genuinely interested in exceeding our guests’ expectations. We do apologize for any inconveniences the unusual conditions regarding power to the microwave and refrigerator may have caused during your time with us. Our team members are more than willing to resolve any reported items, as we truly strive to provide our guests’ with a memorable experience. In the future, please do not hesitate to let us know if there is anything we can do to exceed your expectations. We have been able to repair the minor issue specific to the guest room in which you stayed, and hope to have an opportunity to welcome you back to the Central Hotel for future conferences in the area!

Kind Regards,

Reviewed August 13, 2013

I was very pleased with my experience and would definitely stay here again. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The hotel was clean and my room was perfect. Thank you for such a great stay and highly recommend.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business

Dear Loyal Guest,

Thank you for sharing your observations in relation to your recent stay with us at the Best Western Premier, the Central Hotel! We are pleased we were able to exceed your expectations, and appreciate your recognition of our clean, well maintained guest rooms, as well as our friendly, caring team members! Thank you for choosing to Stay with People Who Care at the Best Western Premier, the Central Hotel! We truly look forward to welcoming you back in the future!