Best Western Premier The Central Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #2 of 50 Hotels in Harrisburg
montoursville
“Nice overnight”
Reviewed June 9, 2013

Great Priceline Express Deal for a nice secluded King Room. Very comfortable bed and location was prefect. If you are a lite sleeper, you may want to request a room away from the highway. Noise did not bother us but I could see it being a complaint for others. We would certainly stay here again if our travels require an overnight in Harrisburg.

1 Thank charleygop
BWPremierCentral, General Manager at Best Western Premier The Central Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking a moment to share your positive feedback regarding your recent stay with us at the Best Western Premier, the Central Hotel. Your comments regarding our convenient location and comfortable, well maintained accommodations are a tribute to our team members who are genuinely interested in exceeding our guests’ expectations. In the future, check our website for exclusive competitive rates aimed to provide our guests with an exceptional value! We look forward to welcoming you back to the Best Western Premier, the Central Hotel during future travels to the Harrisburg/ Hershey area!

Best Western Premier, the Central Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (244)
  • Korean first
ends of the earth
Reviewed June 4, 2013

I have stayed at so-called 5-star hotels from Los Angeles to Houston, Charlotte to Dubai, and none have rivaled this hotel chain's step up from the consistently good BW's. From the front desk staff (sorry I didn't make note of your names, but every one of you were friendly and professional) who arranged a poolside room for my family in spite of my reservation being erroneously made by me for the following evening, to giving my wife free brand-name toiletries, to the cookies, punch and coffee at check in. The hotel is pet friendly which worked out well for my wife and daughter's two dachshunds, but you won't smell or hear dogs since the hotel has excellent soundproofing. The adjacent restaurant, an Irish pub, has excellent food; Kristal was our server for dinner and Gail saw to our needs for the breakfast buffet - both were outstanding. The dinner crew went out of their way to find the NHL playoff hockey game for us!! Sorry to the PA fans there, but the Bs are rolling over your Pens. Okay, not really sorry at all.

The poolside room was very clean, had two queen beds, a mini fridge and microwave. The bathroom was a bit small, but the shower water pressure is great. The temp of the indoor pool is nice and warm; no hot tub/spa. I didn't use the gym since most never have free weights, just cardio. An outdoor playground on the grassy area beside the parking lot would be a nice touch.

Only two issues are people smoking so close to the exterior of the building, and the sliding glass doors being locked at 10pm. I understand why they're locked, to keep people from making noise in the pool all night, but what if there's a fire and people need to get out. I imagine one of the staff's first priorities would be to remove the metal pins locking the doors to the pool. If I ever stay over again in Harrisburg, I will not even think of staying anywhere else.

Room Tip: We were on the first floor and poolside, which can be a bit noisy, but the pool closes at 10pm. The...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed May 30, 2013

This hotel well exceeded my expectations for the star level. Very clean, updated rooms. Friendly and efficient staff. I got an amazing rate on a Priceline express deal. My one complaint- they began playing the lobby/entrance area music pretty loud at 8:30 am and it woke me up. Make sure you get a room far from main entrance to avoid this.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Betell
BWPremierCentral, General Manager at Best Western Premier The Central Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Dear Valued Central Guest,

We appreciate your positive remarks regarding your stay with us, and are pleased that we were able to exceed your expectations, and provide you with an exceptional value! Our team takes pride in providing our guests with clean, well maintained accommodations, and we thank you for recognizing our efforts! We are privileged to have a dedicated team of individuals who truly care for our guests, and their accommodations. We also thank you for your constructive comments relating to the background music in our grand atrium, and will be certain to review the play schedule. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Best Western Premier, the Central Hotel during future visits to the Harrisburg, Hershey region!

Houston, Texas
Reviewed May 29, 2013

I was driving across the country; Harrisburg was a scheduled stop.

I enjoyed my stay! Got this hotel on Priceline for a good rate. Hotel itself is older, but the rooms are modern. The wifi is not the best, and breakfast is not provided. Parking is free though

I checked in late in the evening. The manager, Stephen, was at the reception. HE was very nice and interactive. Made me feel welcome to the property. At the reception desk, they have complimentary refreshments (lemonade, punch, and chocolate chip cookies).

My room was neat and clean. No complaints, other then the wifi goes in and out.

Enjoyed my stay here. Not sure if I will be rolling through Harrisburg, PA again in my life, but if I did, I would stay here again

Room Tip: They have computers and free printing in the lobby. There are restaurants (Panera) and a grocery sto...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Tariq R
Amherst
Reviewed May 27, 2013

Having stayed at Best Western facilities over the years, we expected a certain level of cleanliness, courtesy, etc. and were pleasantly surprised with the exceptional service and the overall experience at this one. From the great looking Lobby area to the nicely appointed room - to the Irish Pub located on site we were more than pleased. If we get to this area again we will definitely stay here.

Room Tip: Tell the helpful staff at the Front Desk what you want.
Dear Loyal Best Western Guest,

Thank you for sharing your observations in relation to your recent stay with us at the Best Western Premier, the Central Hotel! We appreciate your recognition of our clean, well-kept guest rooms and public spaces, as well as the friendly, personalized service provided by our team members throughout the hotel, and in O’Reilly’s Tap Room & Kitchen! We certainly hope to have an opportunity to welcome you back during future travels to the Harrisburg, Hershey area!

Tampa, Florida
Reviewed May 26, 2013

Welcoming and helpful staff, georgeous lobby with spacious sunken area for laptop use and gatherings, pool and exercise facility is in excellent condition. We loved the room; it had all the ammenities, clean, well decorated. Wi-fi. Pet friendly. Irish pub on site, and walking distance to great shopping. Highly recommend!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Saint Agatha, Maine
Reviewed May 26, 2013

I picked this Best Western as it was on the way home from GA to ME. Also due to the amenities. I chose a king bed, whilpool room for my wife. I also asked for a pool side room.
It seems that there is some confusion when using the term poolside, as the person responsible for filling requests gave us a first floor, two queen bed room with sliding glass door access to the pool.
I would have preferred the original request for a king bed whirlpool room. When I showed Alise the reservation, she attempted to correct the situation but all whirlpool rooms were taken.
We had no choice but to keep the room we were given.
We did take a meal at O'Rielly's Tap room which was enjoyable.
Should we stay here again, I will be much more specific when making a room request.