Best Western Premier The Central Hotel & Conference Center
Reviewed March 19, 2013

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
1  Thank Paulette A
BWPremierCentral, General Manager at Best Western Premier The Central Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2013

Reviewed March 18, 2013

Best of service and comfort at a fabulous value. The service is top notch. Rooms are very modern and comfortable. Very much worth it. I absolutely love the restaurant. It has a huge selection of quality beers and whiskies.

Reviewed March 17, 2013

Was there for 2 nights for a conference. Lobby was nice. Room was nice and clean. You do hear lots of noise from traffic outside and we weren't even facing the Interstate. Bathroom was a little dated. Liked the bar/restaurant attached to hotel. Problem began in the morning when I attempted to shower. Water at highest "hot" setting was lukewarm and that is being generous. Water pressure was the worst I have ever experienced. Basically a "trickle". I called front desk and they had someone "fix" it that day. Woke the next morning, turned water on in shower and was so happy to see the water pressure was fixed. Unfortunately, the water was ice cold at highest "hot" setting. Would have settled for the lukewarm from morning before but there was nothing warm about that shower! My husband called front desk and they said they were aware of problem. I didn't have the luxury of waiting for it to be fixed as seminar was starting shortly. I called front desk and explained the problem from day before and today. Explained it was unacceptable and asked what they were going to do. Their answer was "we are working on the problem". I explained that was the answer the day before and it only got worse. They finally agreed to refund 1/2 of one night's stay even though we had problems BOTH nights. The girl couldn't seem to care less. It took another call and my husband going down to the front desk for them to agree to refund 1/2 the cost of both nights. Funny thing was we had friends who had reservations for that Saturday night of St. Patrick's weekend as they were planning on attending the attached Irish bar's festivities and spending the night there. I quickly contacted them and warned them to shower first as hot water seemed to be an issue. They wound up cancelling their reservation. Had the hotel staff taken care of the problem initially and/or refunded us for our unacceptable conditions, I would not have cost them that reservation or any future ones. My advice to this hotel is to admit when there is an issue and take care of it and your customers, otherwise they will become someone else's customers.

Room Tip: Bring earplugs so noise of traffic doesn't bother you.
3  Thank Lauren G

Dear Valued Guest,

I would like to thank you for taking a moment to provide us with your feedback regarding your stay at the Best Western Premier, the Central Hotel. It is our goal to provide superior service and satisfaction to every guest that enters our hotel through clean, maintained facilities, and a well-trained team of individuals who genuinely care for our guests.

We fully understand we experienced an unfortunate failure with our boiler system this past weekend. As we became aware of the issue, our team took action, and did all we could to restore hot water for our guests in a reasonable amount of time. We recognize the malfunction affected a limited number of guests, and I have personally contacted those guests to extend our sincerest apologies for the inconvenience. I look forward to your return call, as I truly hope to personally speak with you regarding the unfortunate experience.

I thank you again for taking the time to provide us with your comments. Achieving exceptional hospitality is accomplished through the utilization of the observations and remarks of our guests. We would love to have an opportunity to welcome you back to The Best Western Brand in the future, and specifically the Best Western Premier, the Central Hotel.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

My husband stayed there the day before our wedding. We also got a room the night of the wedding as part of the wedding package with the hotel. I am pleased with the room, the service, the breakfast buffet. You name it, it was all perfect! Got a really good price too via Hotwire for the stay we had to pay, as mentioned by some other travellers. Location is key, especially when we were prepping for our wedding, very strategic. A+++

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 11, 2013

On our way to Virginia from Canada and stayed overnight one night. This offers very clean and comfortable rooms and up to date fixtures. The staff were friendly and accommodating. I had a bit of time and went to a local museum, the National Civil war about a 8 minute drive away.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
BWPremierCentral, General Manager at Best Western Premier The Central Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2013

Dear Central Guest,

Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your stay at the Best Western Premier, the Central Hotel Harrisburg/ Hershey! We are delighted to hear our team was able to deliver friendly personalized service during your time with us. Our Housekeeping Department is dedicated to ensuring each of our guests enjoy clean, comfortable accommodations, and I will be sure to forward your comments on to our team! Thank you again for your positive feedback, we look forward to continuing to provide our guests with exceptional service, and memorable experiences.

Reviewed March 11, 2013

This past Saturday my husband and I attended the 134th Anniversary dinner of the 28th Infantry Division held at Best Western Premier the Central Hotel & Conference Center. I would estimate there were 800 people at that dinner. The food was quite delicious (thumbs up to the chef) and the flow of the entrees was smooth.
We had two servers attending our table, Missy and a young gentleman for whom I did not get a name. They were both very pleasant and accommodating to our needs – clearing our plates soon after we finished and promptly refilling my coffee – always with a smile.
I want to thank Peter Chiccarine, the General Manager, for having such a wonderful staff. I look forward to future events I may attend here and highly recommend Best Western Premier the Central Hotel & Conference Center to anyone who is looking for a venue for their event

Dear 28th Infantry Division Guest,

We appreciate you taking the time to share your positive feedback regarding your recent stay, and event at the Best Western Premier, the Central Hotel and Conference Center! Our Banquet Team, Chef, and entire Food & Beverage Department are honored to have had the opportunity to host this special occasion for the 28th Infantry.

Thank you for your recognition of our wonderful team, as we genuinely wish to provide our guests with exceptional experiences. As we continue to cultivate our team, we are committed to ensuring the continued development of our guest services, and accommodations at the Central Hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back during future travels in the Harrisburg/ Hershey region!

Reviewed March 9, 2013

Our family booked this hotel through Hotwire - a stopover on our long drive to Virginia. We had a major car breakdown on the highway and needed some TLC and understanding as we got our car fixed on a Saturday. Not only were the staff incredibly kind and accommodating they totally helped us over and beyond by arranging shuttles, letting us stay in our room until we knew how long it would take for the car repair and helping with phone calls. They cared about our comfort and it made a unforseen car problem easier to handle. The rooms were extremely comfortable and our two teens really enjoyed the buffet breakfast which was a reasonable cost. Special thanks to Elise, Dawn, Frank and Nikki for their special considerations.

Room Tip: We asked for a quiet room away from cheer and wrestling teams - totally great. Just ask how far the...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family