I'm torn about whether to write a bad review, since the front desk manager was so nice and helpful... but really, this hotel is in horrible shape and I would never have stayed here if I had known. When we first walked in the door to check in for our 3 night stay, my husband and I were very impressed. The hotel lobby is one of the coolest I've ever seen.
So we go to our room. It's quite warm. We turn on the AC and realize it won't come on. Then I try to get on the internet. I'm tagging along to an event my husband has going on but I have to work the next day beginning at 7 (Friday), and though I can work from anywhere, I have to have a good connection that is pretty much a given in most hotels these days. No connection. It's almost midnight and I'm scrambling to figure out how I'm going to work in the morning. I call the front desk who tells me that they can move us to another room where the AC works. They can't tell me if the internet will be working tomorrow.
I tell them that we will need to get a refund and move to a different hotel. The front desk manager tells me that the Hampton Inn down the street is owned by the same people as this hotel, and that they can move us over there; however, we'll have to move back after two nights because they are full Saturday night. We moved down the street and had a great stay at the Hampton, then it was time to move back...
I called earlier in the day to make sure we have a room. I'm assured that we do, but it's not ready for me to check in yet. So I go shopping, then come back in a few hours to check in. I'm told that they are full and there is no room for us. I ask for the manager who sent us to the other hotel and he says he can accommodate us and he gives me a key to the room. Get all the stuff out of the car and piled onto a cart, take it all to my new room, open the door, and the room is clearly occupied! Glad no one was in there at the time, doing whatever! Take all my stuff back to the front desk and tell him what happened. He gets me a key to a different room and walks there to check out the room first. All is clear and I check in.
Can't use the toilet because it is stopped up. Have to call for help immediately. Turn on my laptop... no freaking internet.
Really? Just do yourself a favor and don't stay here if you care about internet, climate control, and possibly a toilet.
On a positive note, the fitness center is great, the rooms are clean and stylish, the lobby is awesome, and the location is great. The price is great.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At the Best Western Premier, the Central Hotel you are sure to experience ultra clean, comfortable guest room accommodations certain to exceed your expectations. We are confident we will provide a memorable overnight experience through friendly, personalized service paired with a distinct style, and plush guest room amenities sure to please. O’Reilly’s Tap Room & Kitchen, our on-site full service restaurant, offers breakfast, lunch, and dinner daily, and features fresh local favorites, as well as classic Irish specialties. All of our guest room accommodations include: 42-inch flat-screen television complete with HD service, Complimentary wireless high-speed internet access, Refrigerator, Coffee Maker, and Microwave, IHome clock radio and docking station, Iron/Ironing Board, In room Safe, Complimentary Bottled Water, and full use of all hotel amenities including Heated Indoor Pool, Fitness Center, Guest Laundry, Dry Cleaning Service, Extensive Business Center, and Sundries Shop.Our location is convenient to both I-81, and I-83, just east of Harrisburg, and west of Hershey. Our proximity to the Harrisburg International Airport, and Harrisburg’s Train and Bus Station, paired with complimentary shuttle service to each, make The Central Hotel a perfect venue for overnight guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Travelocity so you can book your BEST WESTERN PREMIER The Central Hotel & Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Premier The Central Hotel Harrisburg
- Best Western Premier The Central Hotel And Conference Center
- Four Points By Sheraton Harrisburg
- Sheraton Hotel Harrisburg Pa
- Sheraton Harrisburg
- Harrisburg Sheraton
- Harrisburg Four Points
- Four Points Harrisburg