“Convenient location, nice sized room for 2” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of BEST WESTERN PREMIER The Central Hotel & Conference Center

BEST WESTERN PREMIER The Central Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #2 of 50 Hotels in Harrisburg
trenton, nj
“Convenient location, nice sized room for 2”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2011

room met our needs- comfy king bed. sofabed. internet access. easy check in and check out.
a little confusing to control the temperature in the room. fitness room had a variety of cardio machines and tv. On a Sunday morning, it would be nice to have a later breakfast. We felt a little rushed since breakfast ended at 10am.

Room Tip: ask for a room that does not have a window facing the highway if you would like quieter night
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (226)
Lancaster, Pennsylvania, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2011

Stayed here for one night on a Saturday early November. The check-in process was a bit slow, but not terrible. We were given a choice between a 1st or 3rd floor room, we took 3rd. We stayed in their standard king room, which was very nice. The decor is pleasing, the sofabed was nice and the king bed was very comfortable. The room was very clean, however, when I used the bathroom I discovered that the toilet seat was dirty and there was hair on the seat. I looked around the rest of the bathroom and everything else was clean so I didn't make a big deal about it. I cleaned that part of the toilet seat myself. We went to the restaurant/pub on site and had a few drinks and ordered the quesadillas which were good. The bartender was great and friendly. We also had breakfast there in the morning, which is included. The breakfast display wasn't the best I've seen but the selections were good & satisfactory. Check-out was slow because they had a computer station down, but not horrible. Overall, it is a very nice place and I would return if I'm in the area.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Virginia A
Port Charlotte, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2011

While waiting to fly back to Florida the next day, my husband put me in charge of picking a motel for the night, but gave me a price limit. The motel clerk quoted me a rate, but it was higher, even with the AAA discount, than my price limit. I asked for a lower rate, and since I have a son serving in the military, I was given the much-lower military rate!! The desk clerk could not have been more accomodating; he was friendly and efficient. (I forget his name, but he was probably in his late 20's, with brown hair. Kudos to him!) Our room was clean; the bath was furnished with enough towels and washcloths; we appreciated the Internet access in the lobby; the Irish Pub waitress was friendly and efficient. Over all, we had a wonderful experience and I had made a great choice!

Room Tip: If you have a veteran in the family, ask for the military rate.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Encinitas, CA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2011

Service staff throughout the hotel was very nice; those we passed in the hallway would smile at us and greet us with a warm hello. HOWEVER...

... Front Desk staff offered really poor service, IMO. There were three people at the check-in desk (evening we checked in and same 3 people when we checked out next day) and they all looked miserable to be there (either that or they were snooty); I don't think I ever saw any of them smile, let alone smile at us. We were the only ones at the front desk, and the other two women were just looking on when the guy was checking on our reservation (maybe the 3rd person was in training?). When we were leaving the next morning, I asked them if they typically delete all our personal info on the key card (as I have been a victim of this type of crime in the past), and [what looked like] the head lady said "Of course," with somewhat of an attitude, tone, and this incredulous look on her face, making me feel like I just asked the dumbest questions.

The front desk is a motel/hotel's first impression, so I hope these three just had a bad day, or they may be deterring future customers who care about customer service. This will NOT be my first choice of hotels if we are in that area again.

I'm only giving an AVERAGE service rating for this hotel even though the other staff we encountered apart from the front desk really deserve a "Very Good" rating. :o(

Basic details about the hotel:
We were on the first level and had a view of the parking lot from our window, but floor plan is like a maze where you can get stuck at a dead end. Room was clean and spacious. HUGE flat screen tv and nice, firm bed. Bathroom was nice and drain wasn't slow. Hair dryer was not a wall attachment, but a little travel dryer: I liked that. This was formerly a Four Points by Sheraton, so the building was very ornate on the inside and appeared to be able to accommodate multiple conferences. In regards to the overall look of the hotel, a little upscale for a Best Western, which wasn't a bad thing.

There was an indoor pool and a gym area; and a little arcade area with the best Jurassic Park pinball game that gave us maybe 8 or more games for 4 quarters! Also had a laundry facility guests could pay to use.

Free warm breakfast was in the adjoining Pub (O'Reilly's), serving scrambled eggs, potatoes, bacon, bagels, cold cereal, warm oatmeal, juice, coffee, etc. The service for breakfast was really friendly (it's do-it-yourself, but the attendant was really nice and even offered to get my coffee and bring it to my table if I wanted). Food was so-so, but good enough to just get a start before going to Hershey.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
robblood, Director of Guest Satisfaction at BEST WESTERN PREMIER The Central Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, October 2, 2011
Thank you very much for your comments and for your kind words about most of our staff. Thank you also for sharing your experience at our front desk. We want you to know that we have just hired a new front desk manager and have been in the process of re-training all of our front desk staff to ensure that this type of encounter does not happen in the future.

Service is of ultimate importance to us and we want you to know that we have heard you and are responding to your feedback. If you have the opportunity to stay in Harrisburg again, please consider staying with us again and re-evaluating the greeting you get from our front desk staff.

All the best, Rob Blood | Director of Guest Satisfaction
Hamilton, Nj
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2011

Attended a wedding in Harrisburg and stayed at this hotel. The room was spacious and clean. Also the breakfast was great. Not just bagels and danish. The Irish pub has a great atmosphere. They even had karaoke one night.

There is also free Wi-Fi and some computer stations in the lobby for your convenience. My overall stay was pleasant and relaxing. I enjoyed this hotel.

Also, note within walking distance: shopping plaza with supermarket, liquor store, dollar store, burlington coat factory, Panera Bread, Burger King. Also, Wells Fargo Bank just on the other side of the street.

Room Tip: Try to choose a room not facing the indoor pool.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank grantctgurl4eva
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2011

We stayed at the Best Western because we wanted to spend the weekend at Hershey Park. All of the hotels we looked at that were actually in Hershey were a little too expensive for our budget, so we looked outside of Hershey in Harrisburg and came across this Best Western. I am a AAA member so we got a great deal on the hotel. The hotel rooms were newly renovated and very modern looking which was great. We stayed for two nights and the maids did a great job in keeping the hotel room clean. The drive back and forth to Hershey was not far at all. It maybe took us 20 minutes to a half hour to get back and forth to our hotel, but it was worth it for the price of the room! Also, there were great restaurants around the area, they inexpensive and good, I didn't feel like I was in one of those areas where there is a tourist trap and you're stuck with no selection. I would recommend this place to anyone. Even though I am a AAA member and I got a good rate, before we discovered the AAA rate, we were going to stay at the Best Western anyway because it was the cheapest hotel we could find, and it was the cleanest and best quality.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank nikki213
Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2011

We went to the Hershey area for a family reunion and absolutely loved this hotel! It's about 20 mins from Hershey and well worth it. Our family members had a corporate discount, but we would have even paid full price. The hotel rooms were beautiful, the indoor pool was wonderful. Love the Irish bar right in the hotel. The complimentary breakfast was phenomenal. It was great to start out the day to a hearty breakfast before heading to the park. We had a wonderful time!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family