The service provided by the hotel for lack of better word was “outstanding”. The physical appearance is eye catching. The Hotel is very clean and well maintained inside out. The new paint selected blends perfectly with the carpet. The décor primarily in the lobby seems to be carefully selected to give an esthetic look. It blends perfectly well with everything else. Housekeeping did a great job to clean our room. Each bed was made with four pillows selectively placed to give an artistic look to the room. It was very impressive. Amenities were plentiful. My wife noted that it was the first stay ever she did not have to call the front desk for a shower cap. One was already placed in the room. The room provides video/audio/computer interface to hook up personal equipment. Wireless internet connection is provided almost everywhere in the premise. However, if a wired connection is desired, switches are provided in the lobby, just use your personal Ethernet cable and you will be on the web in a splash. Better yet, if you do not bring a computer and desired to use one, no problem. The lobby has a lot of them even with printers connected in an office setting configuration. The only thing is that “audio” capability seems to be disabled.
The complementary breakfast was fantastic. It was not a half Breakfast. It was a full one served in a well decorated restaurant located in the premise. There were a lot of selections from hot oatmeal to bacon or sausages. The food served was fresh. You can even request hot chocolate and other things from the waiter with no additional cost.
This is in all VALUE at best!
CONs: The frig is very small. However, it you have a cooler, this may not be a problem. There are a lot of ice machines throughout the premise that pump ice in a splash. Just leave some of your stuff in the cooler and fill it with ice when needed. Make sure you drain your cooler at least once a day to remove the excess water.
Room at the highway side seems to be very noisy. The cars/trucks ran all night long. But if a quieter atmosphere is desired, just ask to be moved to a different side of the hotel. We did just that the second night and it was truly a much better and quieter experience.
Things to do while there: The hotel is only about 8 miles from HERSHEYPARK. You can even purchase your discount ticket at the front desk, if you do not have one yet .Or you can stop by any nearby McDonald’s and pick a discount coupon that can be used at the Park. But if you want the multiday ticket, you have to purchase your ticket at the Park.
The Hotel provided great service. We loved it. We will stay there again if need be.
NB. We were able to find better rate at the Hotel’s Website.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At the Best Western Premier, the Central Hotel you are sure to experience ultra clean, comfortable guest room accommodations certain to exceed your expectations. We are confident we will provide a memorable overnight experience through friendly, personalized service paired with a distinct style, and plush guest room amenities sure to please. O’Reilly’s Tap Room & Kitchen, our on-site full service restaurant, offers breakfast, lunch, and dinner daily, and features fresh local favorites, as well as classic Irish specialties. All of our guest room accommodations include: 42-inch flat-screen television complete with HD service, Complimentary wireless high-speed internet access, Refrigerator, Coffee Maker, and Microwave, IHome clock radio and docking station, Iron/Ironing Board, In room Safe, Complimentary Bottled Water, and full use of all hotel amenities including Heated Indoor Pool, Fitness Center, Guest Laundry, Dry Cleaning Service, Extensive Business Center, and Sundries Shop.Our location is convenient to both I-81, and I-83, just east of Harrisburg, and west of Hershey. Our proximity to the Harrisburg International Airport, and Harrisburg’s Train and Bus Station, paired with complimentary shuttle service to each, make The Central Hotel a perfect venue for overnight guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Best Western, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Best Western Premier The Central Hotel & Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Premier The Central Hotel Harrisburg
- Best Western Premier The Central Hotel And Conference Center
- Four Points By Sheraton Harrisburg
- Sheraton Hotel Harrisburg Pa
- Sheraton Harrisburg
- Harrisburg Sheraton
- Harrisburg Four Points
- Four Points Harrisburg