“Economical Hershey Motel”

Setauket, New York
“Economical Hershey Motel”
Reviewed July 1, 2014

Hi Everyone,
We recently went to Hershey Park in May 2014 and stayed in this great motel close to Hershey. The place was no frills but a great place for the family to stay. It was very clean and the hospitality and check in was super speedy and so kind. The rooms were very clean and it was a no frills motel but had everything that you need at a very economical price. It included a serve yourself breakfast with all kinds of great food to eat a quick breakfast and a make your own waffle station which was great. Also, there was a 24 hour coffee station that was awesome!!! The fire alarm went off a couple of times due to some kind of a glich in the system so that was the only thing that happened in a negative way during our two day stay but it was really no problem with us. Hershey was only about a quick 10 minute drive and this motel was right off the highway and it was right on the river which the view was simply stunning. I know that there is another comfort in about 10 minutes away but I heard that the area is not really as safe as the area around this one. Don't waste your money getting a really pricy hotel when if you are only using it to sleep, it is perfect!! I would stay there again with my family. Thanks for reading this review :)

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Baldwinsville, New York
Reviewed June 30, 2014

We have stayed here on numerous occasions driving from NY to Virginia. The hotel js clean, beds comfortable, staff polite. We checked in on a busy Friday night, check in was easy, and we were given a first floor room that we requested due to my daughter is in a wheel chair. The room is a little tight, but we were able to get her chair to the desk where she could use her Ipad and watch videos. The TV in the room is an LG- good quality, with plenty of channels.

They are pet friendly which helped with our small dog.

In addition, in a cute neighborhood behind the hotel, great for walking along the river.

Only negatives (minor) would be to have a channel guide in the room (lots of channels to click when you aren't from the area and the sink drained a little slow.

Please note that the 4 stars are for the price range of the property. This is not a $300 night hotel, but is a good place to stay with families when staying in the area.

Room Tip: No elevator, but if you go to the second room on the back side, you can have a river view. Very nic...
Brick Township, New Jersey, United States
Reviewed June 17, 2014

We had a soccer tournament in Hershey and didn't mind staying 20 minutes away for a room half the price of the ones closer to the tournament and attractions. The location here was pretty cool: one side faced Harrisburg, the other had a scenic view of the park along the river front and the bridges. The rooms felt cramped either due to unnecessarily large furniture or just a smaller size room or both. Felt very cramped with a family of four. Beds were rock hard and very uncomfortable. The air conditioning didn't work very well and thus our room was stuffy and warm, felt like I was going through menopause with the night sweats. I did like the in room refrigerator and microwave. Overall the cleanliness was pretty good, but the shower curtain was definitely moldy along the bottom where it fits in to the bath tub. There is no elevator in this 2 story hotel so it makes carrying in multiple heavy bags a bit challenging. The breakfast was pretty good, with good choices and hours. The common area for late night hanging out is not large enough for multiple groups and we got yelled at by hotel staff and the police for being noisy despite it actually coming from another group in the room that was out of control. If the rooms were big enough to have more than 4 people in them, we'd have hung out in our rooms. We always say that during trips where you spend most of your time out, you just need a place to sleep, this place is it. Don't look to hang out here during the day time.

Room Tip: Look elsewhere.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank Glenn F
PA
Reviewed June 17, 2014

Due to Choice Hotel's website being down I had to make my reservations directly with the hotel. I am so glad I did! My husband was to have several days of tests done at the Harrisburg hospital so I wanted to find a nearby hotel. I found that the Riverfront was just a few walkable blocks, away so I called and spoke with Donna. She was very helpful, informing me of the free shuttle service to and from the hospital if needed as well as a discounted hospital rate for our two night stay. Upon our entering the hotel around 1030/11pm after a 2 hour drive, we find the lobby and dining area full of tween girls and some parents, in town for soccer tournaments. With my husband having to be at the hospital at 7am the next morning, we were concerned about getting a quiet night's sleep. Barb, working the front desk, made a few shuffles and was able to move us up stairs away from the noise. The room was quiet and cozy and the beds offered us the sleep we needed. Due to a scheduling foul up at the hospital, my husband was unable to have his tests done and they will have to be reordered. The girl working the front desk the morning of 6/16 (sorry I can't remember her name, maybe Kristy?) was very helpful and understanding when we had to cancel our room for the second night. We will make a point of booking here again! The breakfast the next morning was typical, adequate fare and the woman working the dining room was doing a great job of keeping up with the kids coming in for breakfast. The only down side to this hotel was the lack of an elevator. With having a partnership with the hospital, I would think they would take into consideration that some of their guest would have issues with the stairs.

Room Tip: If no elevator is an issue, please be sure to mention a need for 1st floor when making your reservat...
1 Thank centralPALynn
Summit Point
Reviewed June 17, 2014

Our family and a few members of my daughter's softball team stayed here for the night recently. The front desk staff was very nice and helpful. They even offered to keep the pool open an extra hour for the girls. Our rooms were nice and clean. A/C worked great. No complaints at all. The view from the pool out across the River was very nice at dusk. I would definitely stay here again and would recommend to friends.

Room Tip: Make sure you come in on Front Street when you head to the hotel. The view all along the River is g...
Germering, Germany
Reviewed June 12, 2014

I was totally surprise by the Comfort Inn Riverfront in Harrisburg; you know, just expected nothing and experienced a few wonderful days. Of course, it is all very clean and tidy, everyone there is doing his or her job - and they are doing it very well. And the ladys at the front desk are very frindly and very helpful - and they always realize if you cast an eye on the cookies there... ;-) What has impressed and delighted me most was Bev, who works there as the breakfast manager. She is very nice, patient, courteous and helpful: You know, as I am from Germany, I not familiar at all in using the waffels machine or the way to make your oatmeal, so that it's really tasty and fine. But Bev showed me - with grace and always a smiling - how to do it right. Thank you very much, Bev! You made my day with every breakfast!
Andreas

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Brighton, Canada
Reviewed June 12, 2014

Every member of the hotel staff we encountered were happy and helpful. They seem to enjoy their job and helping the guests - no only us but we saw the same engagement with other guests as well. The staff that we encountered were Ehab (manager), Andrea (front desk), Bev (breakfast manager), Virginia (executive assistant housekeeping). These people should be commended for their exceptional level of customer service, smiling faces and willingness to go out of their way for their customers and fellow workers.

The rooms had recently been renovated to a higher standard than the room rates would suggest. Comfy beds, clean bathroom and carpets. We had a view of the river which was only 100 or so yards from the hotel.

My wife & I have stayed in hundreds of hotels while on business & personal trips over the past 20 years. This particular hotel staff stand out as the finest example of what we would like to experience while on the road.

Big thanks to all the staff for a short but memorable stay. We WILL be back.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business