Quality Inn Riverfront
  • Room Service
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
View Hotel
All reviewsriver viewroom was cleanfront desk staffrestaurant rowfree breakfastdowntown harrisburgwafflesshower headconvenient locationwould stay againoff the highwayshaymotelcapitalpillowschannelspet
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 27, 2011

Wow! The view out the window was unbelievable....the river is just gorgeous, and there's a nice river walk on which to stroll after hours of driving! The hotel was nice and clean, the size was large enough for two people, and the service was good. We missed breakfast but it looked about like your average hotel breakfast....overall it was a good value for the money....

Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank GlennzWife
Reviewed November 18, 2011

Located along the river with beautiful bridges. Excellent place to stay.Our 3rd stay in a very clean place. Good breakfast with hot waffles and many other choices. There is an excellent Indian restaurant located next door.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sturgeon1
Reviewed November 12, 2011

If you want to stay in downtown Harrisburg, PA your choices are to pay a lot of money or stay at the Comfort Inn. It's a few blocks from the downtown restaurants but a nice walk, especially if you take the riverfront path. My riverfront room was clean, quiet, and offered a view of the Susquehanna River.

On a previous stay to Harrisburg I tried to get a good rate using Priceline. They were very misleading about my hotel location and put me in a nice hotel way out of town. There is no arguing with Priceline, so I won't use them again.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed October 1, 2011

This was our most recent stay at this facility. We stop here every fall on our fall break and trip through New England. We have never been disappointed with our stays here. Staff is very professional and personable. We were offered an upgrade in our room, however, with a pet, we are restricted to a certain section of the hotel. Breakfast was, as usual, well presented, plentiful, and fresh. Too bad not all hotels measure so highly.

Room Tip: We are somewhat restricted in room choice, as we travel with our 10 pound puppy. The staff has always been professional and friendly. Location is ideal, as you can walk across the street, and be riverside. Breakfast is suitable, and well presented. Personnel offered us an upgrade in our room, however with the dog we are restricted to a specific area in the facility. We look forward to returning next fall.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 7, 2011

The main reason for my poor rating is the price of the hotel. I really don't think the room is worth what you pay. If you can secure a cheaper price...go with it. If not, I'd look elsewhere. Its been renovated but it could use a bit more attention. The two queen size beds are comfortable enough but there is not enough room to move around.

The AC is loud and very tempermental. Our room was cool enough but we were tempted to shut off the air multiple times just to get some peace and quiet. We visited the pool and promptly left. It was disgustingly dirty and in need of repair. Didn't eat at the Indian restaurant next to the hotel. The breakfast spread is delicious and varied. Although we stayed here for only one night I'm pretty sure that if I am in the area again I will look elsewhere for better sleeping quarters.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family