“Dig It”

Residence Inn Harrisburg Hershey
Ranked #21 of 51 Hotels in Harrisburg
Reviewed February 8, 2012

First time in a Residence Inn and what a nice change from the usual normal hotel room. Upon check-in I requested a quiet room and was given a ground level room facing the courtyard. Outside one could hear the highway traffic but inside was very quiet. I really like the mini-apartment style layout. Very clean, comfortable bed and bedding, nicely appointed, love the bathroom heat lamp, strong water pressure, strong wireless signal. The furnace is a bit louder than normal but it didn't detract from my sleeping. Sounds corny but having the kitchen and separate "areas" made it feel more like home. The free breakfast buffet was among the best I've seen of this sort. They also offered complimentary pasta and beer the evening before but I did not partake. Instead went to nearby Lancaster Brewing Co restaurant where I enjoyed a white bean chili, pulled pork sandwhich and a Pils.

Room Tip: Choose a first floor room if you don't like open tread stairs which is what they use here.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed January 30, 2012

Upon arrival for an overnight at the Residence Inn Hershey/Harrisburg we found the agent at the front desk very nice. I presented my reservation number (one of my free nights with Marriot) that I had booked weeks early. I had reserved a King Size bed due to back problems. She assigned us our room and we headed there to collapse after a 5 hour drive in bad weather. When we entered the room we liked the decor as it had a full kitchen, living room with a fireplace (you have to purchase logs at the front desk) and large bathroom. The room was VERY CLEAN! But.....two full size beds! Upon calling the front desk I was told that all the Kings were sold out...I was confused as this is what I booked weeks ahead, so I guess we were Stuck!
We went back to the lobby area as they were having a free dinner of Pizza and salad to their guests. It was a nice display.....and free of course.
Upon retiring to our room and heading to bed we noticed the furnace was REALLY loud as it is in the closet next to the kitchen. It turned on and off about every 20 minutes all night long and never allowed us to sleep for over 20 minutes at a time! Add the HORRIBLE full size bed and the night was a total nightmare. The beds sunk in the middle causing us to roll toward each other and trust me.....there is not much room to roll in a full size bed! We both got up early as we could not sleep. My back was so sore I could hardly walk!
We headed to the lobby for breakfast and then off to the police academy. When I checked out, I shared my problems with "Kim" at the front desk. She was very friendly but told me the rooms were sold out and was sorry. She smiled and walked away! OK.....friendly enough (I thought) but poo pooed my concerns. With that I left very upset and vowed I would never stay here again on one of our frequent visits!!!!!!
I was on a free certificate, but If I knew it was a total waste of my certificate I would of saved it for a better hotel that actually cared.
So...in a nutshell: CLEAN, OK FOOD, LARGE ROOM, HORRIBLE HORRIBLE BEDS, LOUD FURNANCE = NO SLEEP

Room Tip: Stay in a traditional room if you are only staying over night. The furnace was REALLY loud and horri...
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Sherri9360
Reviewed January 26, 2012

Drove many hours from New Hampshire, arrived to a warm cheery woman who made my day. Her smile and welcome made the past 7 hours all go away, then the beautiful room, warm fire place were the topping on our cake. Why would anyone ever stay in a cramped hotel room when they could have a home away from home. Everything is tremendous, I will always stay at a residence inn. Thank you Marriott Rewards!

Room Tip: First floor is best if you are a senior,
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Debbie A
Reviewed January 5, 2012

Stayed again for 4 nights and was not disappointed. Check in was fast and smooth. Staff at Front desk friendly. Booked a 2 bedroom and was not disappointed. Clean, big and comfy. Kids loved the choice of 3 TVs. Breakfast was handled by two or three and they were on top of everything. Even on the most crowded day you didnt wait long for refills of food items. My only complaint about Breakfast has NOTHING to do with the hotel or staff. Its the guests themselves! lol Pushing and shoving to get the last piece of bread?!?! 30 seconds later the crew had more bread out.
Hotel complex is right off Rt 322. 10 minute ride to Hershey Attractions, less then 5 mins to a Walmart and Grocery store. I recommend this hotel as a very good option for visiting Hershey! Close enough yet far enough away!

Room Tip: During Winter months, ask for a room in the Pool Building, Most of hotel is low rise buildings, and...
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed December 4, 2011

Love this hotel. I travel with my children to the Harrisburg/Hershey area and find this hotel to be the perfect place for us. I think we have been there at least 7 times now. Here is my list of reasons for liking this hotel:
-Rooms (in new building-which you want to request) are clean and large. The kids have their space, we have ours, plus a full kitchen to boot.
-Breakfast is great, I think they lose money with my kids!
-Close to Hershey and Harrisburg, great easy-to-get to location
-Staff is very nice and accomodating
-Pool is awesome...if you want to use it, request new building so you don't have to walk across parking lot in the cold.

Room Tip: Call, request new building.
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank jsmitherscsi
Reviewed October 17, 2011

We were looking for a decent hotel that would accept pets but was in nicer condition then our last visit to another Lancaster Area Hotel. I did a lot of research and came across this property. We received a great rate from triple A and were very happy with our accommodations. We reserved a Penthouse Suite, which is a duplex room with two bedrooms and two bathrooms. The room was very clean and spacious and very modern. We had a fireplace in the room which was nice in the evenings as it can get chilly in Harrisburg in the fall.

Hershey Park is right up the road, although that was not the reason for our visit, you can see that was the main draw of this hotel. We drove into Amish County each day of our stay and it was approx 25-30 minutes. Well worth the drive to have a clean hotel that is very well maintained. There was hot breakfast every morning and it was one of the best free hot breakfasts I have ever gotten at a chain hotel. Each day there were different hot and cold choices and the young lady that attended to that area was lovely and so pleasant. We had no issues with seating in the area, but I am sure it being off season had something to do with it. In the evening they have a reception in the lobby with food and drinks and even had complimentary tap beer!

I was so impressed with all the touches and the staff, I cannot say enough about them, each individual that you encountered was nicer than the one before. We will be staying here in the future when we go to this area, and I would recommend anyone to stay here.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed October 10, 2011

Good location for travel to Philly and Gettysburg as well as Hershey ..

• Stayed: October 2011