Red Roof Inn Harrisburg Hershey
Hilton.com
  • Pool
$169
$139
Best Western Harrisburg/Hershey Hotel(Harrisburg)(Great Value!)
$77
$76
QualityInn
$134
Sleep Inn & Suites(Harrisburg)(Great Value!)
$107
SleepInn
$67
$70
$154
All reviewsfront deskcapitol dinerroom was cleanstar hoteleisenhower blvdawesome staytwo night stayenjoyed my stayoff the highwaywould definitely stay here againconvenient locationeasy accessbooked this hotelbryantiffanypethousekeeping
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 25, 2013

We arrived late from the airport and wanted an inexpensive stay for the night. Best Western was over $100, more than I wanted to spend, and I ended up regretting it as this godawful Red Roof Inn was $80 (but only worth $50 at best). But we were exhausted, so in we went.
Got a room on the 2nd floor, facing the back. No security on door leading to upstairs rooms, which felt very unsafe and somewhat creepy. You can tell they've tried to update this motel, but it still feels like a creepy old highway motel.
The signs declare the motel to be smoke-free, but clearly this is a recent change as the stench of cigarette smoke is permeated in the floors, walls....it's an awful smell that never fades. Beds are hard and bouncy, bedding updated but cheap. Limited tv stations. Bathroom is claustrophobic!!! Definitely only room for 1 person at a time. They put in imitation hardwood-looking floors, which would be nice if the bathroom wasn't the size of a closet. A tiny closet.
Also, there are NO HAIRDRYERS in the room...something I did not know until I tried to use it in the morning after my shower. Apparently you had to sign them out from the desk, but when we checked they were all gone - and they didn't have any returned until 10 am!!! As if I was going to wait around for an available hair dryer?? Ridiculous.
There was coffee in the office, and the staff was nice, but that's not enough to warrant $80 for this motel.
Yuck!!!

Room Tip: Don't believe there are any good rooms.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank NorthernMNfamily
Hershey950, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Harrisburg Hershey, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Harrisburg - Hershey Red Roof. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please accept my sincerest apologies for your inconveniences. Rest assured that this is a very safe location so security for second floor access has never been an issue.

Reviewed June 22, 2013

Stayed here one night to see The Elegance at Hershey car show. This property was just outside the zone where hotels were full or crazy-expensive due to the event. However, it is still a reasonably short drive to Hershey. It is also convenient to the Turnpike and to downtown Harrisburg.

This property is an interesting design I have not seen before in a Red Roof or elsewhere. The first floor rooms have outside entrances but the second floor rooms face an internal corridor. Our room was on the second floor which we appreciated.

The beds were quite comfortable -- in fact, better than a supposedly higher grade hotel I had stayed in the previous two nights in another town. The room was also quiet. I noticed when I went out into the hall I could hear the TV was on in the next room, but you could not hear it at all inside our room. The bathroom was small but serviceable.

My only complaint is that the TV has limited channel selection. For example, while driving to the hotel I was listening to the Phillies game on the car radio. I was surprised not to be able to find it on the TV at all.

I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: If you want a room with an inside entrance, ask for a second floor room. However, I do not think there is an elevator.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Frank P

Thank you for taking the time to complete our guest survey. I appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay at the Harrisburg - Hershey Red Roof.

Red Roof Inn - Harrisburg - Hershey

Reviewed May 28, 2013

We recently stayed at the Red Roof Inn in Harrisburg PA for a quick Memorial Day weekend family getaway to Hershey Park Amusement Park. Typically our family stays in mid-range hotels such as Holiday Inn or Homewood Suites but we decided to give Red Roof a try since they were the most reasonably priced in the area. Overall the outside appearance of the hotel is OK, not great but not horrible either......just OK. We were on the 2nd floor of the back building and immediately my wife felt unsafe due to the fact that none of the entry doors to the building upstairs had any locks on them which we felt would allow non-customers the ability to enter the building "after hours". Not a deal breaker but at least worth mentioning since this isn't the norm anymore. As far as the actual room, they claim that they are all newly renovated which I'd say they "may be" but they simply cannot get rid of the old smell which must be trapped in the rugs, walls, ceilings????? Not sure but the hotel smelled old if that's possible. As for the decor, again it seems like it may be renovated but it was apparent that they did it on an extremely tight budget as the rooms seem very bland with next to nothing on the walls and all of the furniture is basic 1 color vinyl. Nothing elaborate, very boring actually. Beds - OK.....firm but did get a decent night sleep. Bathroom - shower was decent but the toilet was like playing roulette.......you never knew how many flushes it would take until it decided to flush. Was it 2, or 3 or even 6 - we had fun with this game especially with 4 people sharing the room. Also I'd look elsewhere if you have 4 people or 2 adults and 2 kids in our case. The bathroom has the sink / mirror ect unlike the pictures where it is outside of the bathroom. This made getting ready very difficult as only 1 person could get ready since everything was in the bathroom vs the sink being outside in the room like in the pictures provided. Housekeeping - we're still really unsure if they have housekeeping. While we left for the day my wife decided to pull the comforter to the top of one bed while leaving the other bed unmade. When we came back later that evening the one bed was made but the other bed still had the comforter pulled up the same way we left it. Then all of the pillows were literally thrown on one bed as the other had none. We found 2 empty pillow cases on the desk for some reason and they were generous enough to leave us 2 towels for the next day. Not sure if the housekeeper's shift ended mid-cleaning our room but the hair which was left in the sink was a good sign that they had no intention of coming back.

Over all I guess you get what you pay for and if you're looking for a mediocre hotel at a decent price in the area then this may be your place. Personally I'd suggest spending and extra $30 a night since there are about 6-8 more mid-tier hotels in the same area which I'm certain would have better suited our taste.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Hershey950, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Harrisburg Hershey, responded to this reviewResponded July 4, 2013

Thank you for writing a response regarding your stay. We appreciate your feedback and want you to know that we are in the process of re-evaluating and addressing all areas of opportunity that are presented to us. We strongly encourage you to give us another try when you are in the area.
We would love to have you back to impress...impress....impress.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

Some things aren't as good as the first. But, that definitely isn't the case here! Bryan, Donna and Donn at the front desk do everything to ensure that my stay was enjoyable and are always professional. If people would be considerate and not litter, which the staff takes care of, the cleanliness would be like the other scores. I really enjoyed my stay here and this is one of favorite places to stay outside of home!

• Stayed: May 2013

Thank you very much for your kind words. We are pleased that we were able to happily accomodate all of your needs as we continually strive to better serve all of our guests.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

We stayed for a night at this hotel, in one of the new standard king rooms. Looked exactly like the picture. The clerk at check in was very friendly and efficient. The room and bedding were clean. Everything was very nice, good value for the price!

• Stayed: May 2013