“Great value” 5 of 5 stars

Red Roof Inn Harrisburg Hershey
Ranked #33 of 50 Hotels in Harrisburg
“Great value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

Our room was very nice. It was recently renovated, clean, and comfortable. I was pleasantly surprised because the hotel didn't look very new from the outside. It was very basic but appropriate for the price point. There is no coffee maker nor hair dryer. They offer coffee in the lobby though. They only provide two sets of towel instead of the usual 4. The location was good. There are many restaurants nearby. Hershey factory was about 15 minutes away. Overall, I was very happy with my stay.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

The front desk person was very nice! And the lobby is wonderful! HOWEVER...the Red Roof sites this is a recently renovated hotel - no, it isn't. Our room was the same old drab room they have always had, with the crappy carpet. They did put in a new bed - but the heat/ac unit was falling apart. Was always too hot or too cold (it was cold outside). I've seen the newer renovations - and I prefer the hard floor as opposed to the carpeting. Very disappointed, since they were false about the hotel being 'renovated'. It is not.

Room Tip: If you have allergies, the carpeting holds everything, and it was not vaccumed.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jaded C
Hershey950, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Harrisburg Hershey, responded to this review, January 5, 2013
Dear Jaded C:
Thank you for taking the time to review our Inn. You are correct, our inn completed a renovation in August. The extent of renovations performed at each inn does vary. We installed all new carpeting, all new beds and bedding, draperies, paint and converted to a 100% Smoke Free hotel. Once again I would like to thank you for sharing your feedback.
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012

Our stay at the Red Roof Inn was very nice. Service was good, rooms were spacious and pretty modern for an affordable inn. Our room had tv, microwave, fridge, comfortable beds and nice bathroom. The bathroom and toilet was a tad small, but didn't bother us much because its not were staying there. The Wi Fi was iffy with my iPad to get direction to out next destinations, but it still worked nonetheless. In addition, there were so many restaurants arounds for breakfast, lunch and dinner that finding a place to eat was a breeze. This inn was centrally located to many other malls and shopping centers. My only main issue was the level of smoke in the 2nd floor hallway, but our room was smoke free. This is no 5 star hotel, but it is the best inn short of a hotel I have been to so far.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars
Hershey950, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Harrisburg Hershey, responded to this review, December 30, 2012
Dear Ezra,
I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! Please visit us again when you are in the area. Have a Happy New Year!!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

I'm on the road a lot and stay at many hotels. This one is the best by far. Not only are the rooms clean and affordable but the staff is very helpful. Donna the front desk supervisor is very helpful. She will go out of her way to make sure that my stay is comfortable.

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank esco44
Sharon, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

First Let me say that Donn, on the desk, was great! Very friedly and helpful. My room wasn't ready for almost an hour after check in time and he got hot water for me for a cup of hot chocolate and talked to me while I waited. I reserved the room for 2 nights. Room was clean except for the blood stains on the bedspread. The next day all that was done to my room was the bed was made up and I got new towels. There was a sign that said that the trash cans would be emptied and supplies refilled. I was given no more shampoo for my second shower, no more coffee for the coffee pot in my room, and trash cans still full. There was also trash (empty soda cans and plastic bag) just off the sidewalk outside of my room when I checked in and still there when I checked out. Did like the free WiFi and bed was verycomfortable.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 stars
Wilmington, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

Average place. Clean but small rooms. We stayed here Sunday before T-giving and Friday after. OK for our purpose; a nights sleep in between two 10 hour days of driving. Microwave to reheat leftovers from Thanksgivining saving us a meal out.

Room Tip: this place recently went 100% smoke free. ask for a room that was always non smoking.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

Donna is a great desk manager -- I can always count on her to get it right in a friendly manner. The rooms are always clean and comfortable with immediate access to my vehicle. There is easy access to Interstate 287 and the free wifi is the deal maker.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business