“It was pretty good...”

Red Roof Inn Harrisburg North
Ranked #37 of 50 Hotels in Harrisburg
Reviewed September 18, 2010

The room was clean and modern. The area/neighborhood was good for walking my little dog. The gentleman on the desk was friendly when I checked in but he did ignore the phone while it rang constantly as he checked in me and 2 other people. I figured it was going to voicemail. However, my husband had a lot of trouble trying to reach me throughout my stay as no one was answering phone at front desk and direct link to guest room wasn't working. The only other thing that bothered me was that the only coffee machine they had in the lobby was out of order in the morning. There wasn't even hot water for tea. Because I was towing a trailer it was not possible for me to drive around and find a place to get a coffee before I left in the morning. No coffee makers in rooms. Other than that the hotel, rooms, parking area and grounds were all good. Truly though, no coffee in the morning will make me reconsider staying again and we pass through the area several times per year.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled solo
There are newer reviews for Red Roof Inn Harrisburg North

Reviewed August 8, 2010

The hotel was comfortable. Pets were allowed and there was no sign of this. The bed was very comfortable. However, there were ants in the room and the rooms smelled bad.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed February 24, 2010

Freaking heater stuck on full blast and was electrictued everytime I touched something. The room looked like it was cheap villa in Miami. The minute I check in, the fire department shows up and the manager didn't even know why. $$$ is what they want and that is something they will never get from me again.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 5, 2009

I stayed one night stay on the first leg of a road trip. I was particularly pleased to find good lighting for reading and a very comfortable desk chair. If I were staying longer I would miss some of the common amenities like in-room coffee, hair dryer and continental breakfast, but for the price ($50 plus taxes) this place was terrific.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled solo
2  Thank ClemNorthofBoston
Reviewed September 15, 2009

an online search opened my eyes to how expensive Harrisburg motels are so the Red Roof Inn hit the spot.
Two beefs:
1-they charge for internet unless you book the king/business room.
Since that cost $58 and the standard room was $53+8 for internet=$61....duh.
2-They charge $1.50 for the in-room safe and only refund this when you request it on check out. How many people actually check out anymore? I did and got the money back.

Aslo, single females may not like this motel as we were placed in the VERY rear, very remote and up a hill from the freeway. Maybe request a room in the front for security.

Took 20 minutes to check in because the computer was slow checking in 3 people ahead

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 25, 2008

We arrived late at night and checked out early in the morning. The front desk staff was very friendly and helpful. There was no breakfast, but there was a fancy coffee machine in the lobby. There is a fee for Wi-Fi access.

The room was newly renovated, very fresh and nice. The bed was very comfortable and everything in the room worked fine. I did find a few hairs in the bathroom and sink area, but otherwise the room was clean.

Although it is newly renovated, this is an "old-school" Red Roof Inn: two stories with exterior entrances to the rooms. I can recall TV commercials in the 1980s in which they bragged about the thick walls and soundproofing of the rooms, and it's true. Our room was on the end of the building right next to the stairwell, and we never heard a thump or a noise. This Red Roof Inn combines the best of old and new.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank LovePgh
Reviewed July 16, 2008

Stayed here twice (on our way to and from our vacation destination). The room was very clean with no frills, but you can get a fridge if you have a corporate or handicapped room, which will give you a much larger room.
Although the motel seemed a bit isolated, it still is a clean facility and right off the interstate, so easy on and off to the road. They offer tea & coffee in the lobby, but there is a Craker Barrel just up the road.
I booked it at the hotel website and got one of their "red hot" deals, which was in the $70-85.00 range. Since staying in a clean place is important to me I considered it a good price.

Stayed: July 2008