New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #37 of 50 Hotels in Harrisburg
Coram, New York
“Nothing special”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2014

The hotel is in a good location when visiting Hershey as we did because its right off the highway. The rooms we stayed in was recently redone so it was pretty decent. There is no breakfast offered but there is coffee in the lobby. This seems to be a popular place for truckers. Some of the other guests looked a bit sketchy but were harmless. This place appears to be going through a positive transformation so its worth a try.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank alcool17
Joanna Martin _, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Harrisburg North, responded to this review, July 13, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our Inn. I am glad that you found our location to be good for your visit to Hershey. We are just 15 miles from Hershey and all the attractions there. I am happy that you liked our recent renovations. We do not offer a continental breakfast in order to keep our rates as low as we can, but do have our coffee bar available for our guests. We get a wide variety of travelers that stay with us, from truck drivers to families going to Hershey Park. We appeal to all types of travelers since we are pet friendly. Thank you again for writing a review of our property. We look forward on seeing you on your next visit to the Harrisburg area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
  • Indonesian first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2014 via mobile

Spent 2 nights last weekend on a family trip to Hershey park. Everything was perfect. The rooms were very clean & the maid Sue was excellent. The coffee bar in the lobby was a nice touch. The beds were very comfortable & we all slept great. I also loved seeing all the doggies taking their morning walks. My family will definitely stay again on our next trip to Hershey.

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Corrie A
Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review of our property. I am so happy that you found everything to be perfect during your stay! I am glad that you found your room to be very clean and that you found Sue to be excellent. She is definitely an asset to our Inn. I am glad that you found our beds to be very comfortable. We do have a lot of guests that like to bring their four legged family members with them when they travel. We are pet friendly and do not charge a fee to bring your pet with you during your travels. Thank you again for your very kind review. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Hershey!
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2014

We like to stay at Red Roof since we have a dog but the hotel is nice.
Clean Rooms, fridge/microwave (no iron) and for the price it is wonderful!!!
The do charge for the safe so make sure when you check out the you say you did not use it.
They do have places that deliver in case you do not want to go out but many places to eat around.
Could have bigger pillows :) but always a great stay.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JEKDES-NYC
Joanna Martin _, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Harrisburg North, responded to this review, June 27, 2014
Thank you for writing a review of our property. I am so happy that you find our hotel to be nice. We are pet friendly and do not charge you to bring your furry family member. I am glad that you found our rooms to be clean, and the price to be wonderful. We do have several restaurants that deliver as well as several restaurants in the area. I will pass the request for bigger pillows on to my corporate office. Thank you again for writing a review of our property. We look forward to seeing you next time you come to the area!
New York, New York, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2014

Nothing fancy, but I've stayed here a few times and have not been disappointed.
The beds are comfortable, the AC works well, and the rooms are clean.
Not exactly a memorable hotel experience, but that's totally fine for the price paid.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review of our property. I am glad to hear that you have stayed with us a few times and that you have not been disappointed during any of your stays. I am happy to hear that you feel the beds are comfortable, the air conditioners work well, and that our rooms are clean. We look forward to seeing you again when you travel to the Harrisburg area! Thank you again for writing a review of our Inn.
Boston, Massachusetts
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2014

I well, I was shocked to find out they don't offer a Continental breakfast, as EVERY OTHER Red Roof Inn does in 4 other states. This one is in Pa. at Harrisburg.
Besides that, I am a victim of theft or extortion by the management. They are charging me $1.50 for a safe I told them I won't use and don't need. But I must wait until I check out for them to take off those charges, and only if I remind them.
I won't be staying here again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Joanna Martin _, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Harrisburg North, responded to this review, June 15, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our Inn. I am sorry that you were unaware that we do not offer continental breakfast. We do not offer breakfast in order to keep our rates as low as we can. There is a safe fee that is charged to each room for use of the in room safe. We do not want to know if you will be using the safe when you check in for your privacy. We are more than happy to remove it for you at check out time. If you do not have time to stop by the lobby when you are checking out, a quick phone call to the front desk can resolve that issue. Thank you again for writing a review of our property. We do hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you next time you are in this area.
Hickory, North Carolina
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

This Red Roof Inn is what you might except. The price is fair but the exterior is worn and dirty. The rooms were clean but the blanket was torn. We didn't run the air conditioner because it smelled very musty. We liked that the room had a balcony, but ours had no chairs. It's the kind of room you just stay in for the night but don't really enjoy. I wouldn't come back if I had a choice, but the location on the way north is convenient.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property. I was glad that you felt that our prices were fair. I am sorry to hear that you felt that the exterior was worn and dirty. We just completed a major renovation in June of 2013. The exterior of both buildings were completely painted and refreshed. I am sorry the blanket was torn in your room but I am glad to hear that you felt your room was clean. I hope that you give us the opportunity to exceed your expectations next time you visit the Harrisburg area. Thank you again for your review.
Turnersville, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

The room was clean, all amenities were beyond satisfactory. Great location. Restaurants close by, easy access to highways. Recommend checking alternate routes to and from location due to rush hour traffic problems. Can be easily accessed with slight route detour and save yourself some aggravation.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Joanna Martin _, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Harrisburg North, responded to this review, June 6, 2014
Thank you very much for your kind review of our Inn. I am delighted to hear that you found your room to be clean and that the amenities were beyond satisfactory. We are conveniently located off of Interstate 81 at exit 69 (Progress Avenue). We do have several restaurants and shops near our location which makes it convenient for our guests. Thank you again for taking the time to write a review of our Inn. We hope to see you again next time you are in the Harrisburg area!