“Excellent stay!”

Red Roof Inn Harrisburg North
Ranked #37 of 50 Hotels in Harrisburg
Reviewed April 23, 2014

I recently showed my dog at the pinnacle obedience show in the country, and had the pleasure of staying at the Red Roof Inn Harrisburg North. I particularly want to thank Dally for her assistance in getting my friend and I the rooms we wanted on the first floor. We SO appreciated it! Dally was extremely helpful, hospitable, and friendly, as were the rest of the staff,. I would highly recommend this property to anyone, particularly those traveling with dogs. It is only about five minutes from the PA Farm Expo Center. A very nice Red Roof location!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
Joanna Martin _, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Harrisburg North, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our Inn. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us when you were in town for the dog show! Thank you for your kind words about Dally. She is definitely an asset at the front desk and goes out of her way to ensure that our guests get the best customer service. Thank you again for writing a review of our property. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to the area!

There are newer reviews for Red Roof Inn Harrisburg North

Reviewed April 16, 2014

Located 1 exit north of the Farm Show Complex - it is in a great location. 5 minutes to the Farm Show Complex. Hotel is in an office park so it was very quiet on the weekend. However, our room was dirty. Not dusty or stale - DIRTY. The floors were muddy and the bedspread was not clean. The sheets were clean - but the bedspread was not. I went to front desk immediately and politely let them know. Absolutely nothing was done about it. It was late in the evening and raining so looking for another hotel was not possible. I gave them ample opportunity to send over fresh linens, move our room, offer to have it cleaned - they did NOTHING. One other sour note - they charge you $1.50 per day for the in room safe. You cannot opt out at check-in. They make you initial that you know you have to pay the extra $1.50 a day but if you want a refund you can ask at check-out time. Basically, they hope you forget and they get to pocket a $1.50 per night for you not using the safe and not asking for a refund. I did get my refund - but when I went to check-out in the morning at 8:30 AM the office was closed and I had to wait 15 minutes for the office help to return. I think they really do want you to just leave and let them keep their safe "tip". I know it's only a $1.50 but it just felt wrong they way they handle it. No breakfast is offered here. No fast food restaurants nearby. There is a Cracker Barrel and Macaroni Grill across the interstate from the hotel. Less than 1/2 mile to get there - but not possible to walk there due to traffic. Starbucks in the shopping plaza next to Cracker Barrel. We only stayed 1 night and moved on. We travel approximately 100 nights a year and this Red Roof is not representative of the many we stay in around the country. Poorly managed.

Room Tip: Rooms in building 1 are closer to the dog walking area.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Joanna Martin _, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Harrisburg North, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our Inn. I am sorry to hear that your room cleanliness did not exceed your expectations. We take our cleanliness very seriously so I am truly disappointed that your room was not up to our standards. I am also disappointed that the front desk did not correct this issue to your satisfaction. We do offer safes in our guest rooms. There is a minimal charge for the safes. The reason that we do not want to know whether you will be using the safe at check in is for our guest's privacy. We are always more than happy to remove the fee at check out for you if you did not use the safe. I am sorry that when you came to check out the desk clerk was away from the desk attending to another guests needs. Once again, I would like to thank you for writing a review of our property. Please come back and see us next time you are in the Harrisburg area so that we can show you that we can exceed your expectations.

Reviewed April 15, 2014

This was a typical, renovated Red Roof. Rooms were clean. Fridge and Micro were a nice touch. Room did not have a coffee maker though. Rooms in the back of the second building do get some traffic noise from Rt 81. Plenty of grass in the back if traveling w/ pet.

Room Tip: rooms in the back of the second building do get some white noise from Rt. 81
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank mdwgbgpa

I appreciate you taking the time to review our Inn. I am glad that you felt that our rooms were clean. We do have some rooms that offer a refrigerator and microwave. We also have several areas with grass for our guests to walk their pets. Thank you again for your review. Please come and visit us again next time you are in the Harrisburg area.

Reviewed April 11, 2014

Nothing fancy about this place but that was fine with me. Staff was friendly, room was clean and comfy, free tea or coffee in the morning before hitting the road. Best part was the great low price.

Nice clean place to spend the night.

Room Tip: First floor walk out is nice and easy to unload/load the car from.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review about our property. I am glad to hear that you felt that the staff was friendly, the room was clean and comfy, and that you enjoyed our complimentary coffee bar. We do try to keep our rates as low as we can so I'm glad you noticed that. Thank you once again for your review. Please come and see us next time you are in the area.

Reviewed April 7, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for four nights while visiting Harrisburg and were very satisfied with this motel. The room was clean, comfortable and quiet.
The is room to park our Rv's on the street with no problems.
We will definitely stay here again when we are in this area.

• Stayed: April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our property. I am so glad to hear that you found your room to be clean, comfortable, and quiet. We do have on street parking for our guests to park their larger vehicles right in front of the Inn. I am happy to hear that you will be staying with us again when you are in the Harrisburg area! Thank you once again for your kind review. We will be waiting for you on your next visit!

Reviewed March 31, 2014

We stayed at The Red Roof Inn March 29. The room was clean and comfortable. The lady at the check in desk was very pleasant and gave us printed directions to a local restaurant which was very helpful. We had a small dog with us and there was no fee. I liked that the room did not have carpeting much more inviting than carpet. Nice place I would definitely recommend this hotel to family and friends.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Joanna Martin _, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Harrisburg North, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2014

Thank you for writing a review about our property. I am glad to hear that you found your room to be clean and comfortable. It is also good to hear that you found our front desk clerk to be pleasant and helpful in providing directions to a nearby restaurant. We are pet friendly and we do not charge you to bring your four legged family member with you. With our new renovations, our rooms have more hard wood tile than carpeting. I am glad that you liked it. It is wonderful to hear that you would recommend our Inn to your family and friends. That speaks volumes! Thank you again for your kind review. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to the Harrisburg area.

Reviewed March 26, 2014

The location is easy to get to. It's in a nice area. It's dog friendly. You can park right in front of your room. Nice view from the back. Staff was very helpful - including finding us an extra luggage stand. We stayed six nights and I would do it again if I was in the area.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank DogAgility

I would like to thank you for writing such a kind review of our Inn. I am so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are conveniently located right off of Interstate 81 (Progress Avenue). We are pet friendly and do not charge you to bring your pet with you during your stay. I am happy to hear that the staff was friendly and accommodating in getting you an additional luggage rack. Next time you are in the area, we would love to have you stay at our Inn again! Thank you again for writing a review of our property.