“Very nice rooms”

Red Roof Inn Harrisburg North
Ranked #35 of 50 Hotels in Harrisburg
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I came to,this Red Roof at a last minute decision and I was very pleasantly surprised. I have dogs and there we plenty of places to walk them. it is off the main road (kind of hard to find the first time) and very clean and quiet. Although all rooms are non smoking, sooooo many smokers smoke outside the rooms.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Joanna Martin _, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Harrisburg North, responded to this reviewResponded September 8, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our Inn. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We will be looking forward to seeing you on your next visit to Harrisburg.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

I stayed at a Red Roof in Aberdeen and now here. The prices are very reasonable. You just have to bring an iron and a hairdryer. But I knew that so no big deal....The room was clean, bed was comfortable... They don't carpet the room which is great be

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property. I am glad to hear that you felt our prices were reasonable. I am also happy that your room was clean and that the bed was comfortable. Thank you again. Please come back and see us on your next visit to the Harrisburg area!

Reviewed August 27, 2013

Fresh, Clean, great value room. Dally at the desk, and the housekeepers are all very friendly and have made me feel welcomed each time. I have stayed here about five times now. Wooden floors are great, and the linens always seem like they're brand new. Highly recommended. Be sure to use your AAA card for a discount!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Joanna Martin _, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Harrisburg North, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2013

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review of our property. I am so glad that you like our recent renovations. I will also be sure to pass on your kind words to the staff. Thank you again for writing a review of our Inn. We look forward to seeing you again in the future!

Reviewed August 19, 2013

The room had so much desk space, it was too much. Would have been nice to have a recliner. The room was recently updated and was very nice. Had a frig and microwave. There weren't many restaurants around. We would definitely stay at another Red Roof, we will probably pick another location next time for this area.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Joanna Martin _, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Harrisburg North, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2013

Thank you for writing a review of our property. We appreciate your feedback regarding our rooms. Our King Superior rooms do have large desks in them, but we offer other room types as well. I am so glad that you liked the recent renovation we underwent. We do not have many restaurants within walking distance, but there are several restaurants in our area. Once again, thank you for taking the time to write a review of our Inn.

Reviewed August 19, 2013

With the spread of franchising, Red Roofs can be iffy. (E.g. the one in Denver, PA, south of Reading--gag!)

But this one, Harrisburg North, is excellent: recently upgraded rooms, furniture, fixtures, new towels, etc., and a staff that is top-grade professional: prompt, courteous, helpful, cheerful (especially counter clerk Beth). An easy stop and find off of I-81, this hotel is clean, fresh, a pleasant and comfortable place to stay.

Room Tip: If stairs are a problem, request first-floor--there is no elevator.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property. I am happy to hear that you liked our newly renovated rooms. Thank you for your kind words about our staff. I will be sure to let Beth know that you mentioned her specifically for her outstanding customer service. I want to thank you again for your review. Come see us again next time you are in the Harrisburg area!

Reviewed August 18, 2013

Very impressed with this hotel. Newly renovated rooms with modern fixtures and a clean design. Excellent value. We stayed here while visiting Hershey park...the travel there was short (15 minutes or so) which was well worth the money we saved by staying outside Hershey. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: August 2013

Thank you so much for your kind review. I am so glad to hear that you liked our newly renovated rooms. Hershey Park is only a short 13 miles from our property! So I would like to thank you once again for taking the time to write a review of our Inn. We are looking forward to seeing you on your next visit to the area.

Reviewed August 11, 2013

When we pulled into the parking lot I was afraid I'd made a mistake booking there, but once we got inside, I was really pleasantly surprised. The front desk clerk was very friendly and helpful. When we got to our room, I was really pleased, it was super clean with many obvious new updates. The bed was comfortable, nice linens, a nice flat screen TV (although the remote only worked if you got really close to the TV, probably just needed batteries). There is a super nice desk set up. My only complaint was the position of the bed to the AC unit. It was very hot so you really needed the AC on (and it worked very well), but when lying on the side of the bed near the AC it blows directly on you. I had to take a couple of towels and put them over half the unit so I could sleep. They really should rethink that one aspect of the room layout - maybe some people like sleeping with strong cold air blowing on their face, but I'm not one of them. Other than that, it was clean, quiet, and comfortable.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JustDucky923
Joanna Martin _, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Harrisburg North, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property. I am glad to hear that you felt that our front desk clerk was very friendly. We try very hard to provide the best customer service! It is so good to hear that you found the room super clean and enjoyed our renovations. I am sorry to hear that the air conditioner was blowing directly on you while you were trying to sleep. Thank you for saying our property was clean, quiet, and comfortable. We appreciate you taking the time to write a review. Hope to see you again in the near futue!