“Adequate but confusing”

Red Roof Inn Harrisburg North
Ranked #34 of 51 Hotels in Harrisburg
Reviewed April 16, 2013

Our dog club booked this as its host hotel. Parking can be interesting for those with oversized vehicles. Lots of parking for smaller vehicles. Good grass for walking dogs. The rooms were dated and had not been upgraded for a good long time. Beds were worn and need to be replaced. Everything worked in the room and I had no billing problems. The room was serviced every day in a timely fashion. The room numbering system was all over the place with 229 and 231 in one building and 230 in another. We always request ground floor as I am a senior but were assigned a 2nd floor room. It was right next to the stair well. I'd stay again if I just needed a basic place to crash but there is no outstanding feature to this place.

Room Tip: Try to get a ground floor room. The upstairs rooms have very little insulation and are noisy.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Joanna Martin _, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Harrisburg North, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay at Red Roof Inn North. We take great pride in being pet friendly. We understand that your pet is just another member of the family so I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our property for your pet's needs. I am sorry you felt that our property was dated and that the beds were worn and in need of replacement. The good news is that we are in the process of renovating the property which will include all new bedding! I am sorry that you felt our numbering system was confusing. One side of the building is all odd numbers and the other side is all even numbers. I apologize that you were unable to get a first floor room. When we have the dog shows in town, it seems almost every guest prefers first floor so we do our best to accommodate as many as we can. Once again, I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review about our property. I hope you will come back and visit us again the next time you are in the Harrisburg area!

Reviewed April 15, 2013

We make trips to this area 1-3 times a year and we always stay in this hotel. Every time we have stayed there our room has been clean and you can't beat the price. The last time we stayed there we wanted to upgrade to a king so we went back to the office and the man at the front desk said that it was no problem and made the changes in a timely matter. Inside looks newly renovated. It was nice having a fridge and microwave in our room. The only thing I wish they would change is they start having continental breakfast. Very Satisfied!

Room Tip: If you are a couple I suggest getting a king. Much bigger bed to sleep in.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Joanna Martin _, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Harrisburg North, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2013

Thank you so much for staying with us every time you are in the area! We are very happy to hear that your room has been clean and that you are pleased with the rate during all of your stays. Thank you for your kind words about Michael, our Front Desk GSR. We strive to make Customer Service one of our number one priorities! We currently offer our complimentary coffee bar located in the lobby for our guests enjoyment. Since we want to keep our rates reasonable, we do not offer a continental breakfast at this time. Thank you for your time to write this review and we look forward to visiting with you on your next trip through the Harrisburg area.

Reviewed April 7, 2013

We had a 2 full bed room. It was very basic room. Nice and clean. The only thing i found that i didnt like about the room was it didnt have a fridge. Very accessable from the major highways. Close to all major attractions in the area.

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review for our property. I am glad that you felt your room was nice and clean! Our staff works very hard to make sure the rooms are ready to exceed guest's expectations. We do offer refrigerators and microwaves in our Superior King Rooms. We are also in the process of adding some Double Deluxe rooms which will also have refrigerators and microwaves in them. Once again, I thank you for your kind review and look forward to seeing you next time you are in the Harrisburg area.

Reviewed March 22, 2013

I have stayed here once before and found it not bad for a inexpensive motel. This stay was horrible. When I arrived I tried the wifi so I could finish some work. My ipod would not pick up a signal, so I tried my laptop..still no signal. I called the desk. The gentleman on duty told me I needed to call the wifi server.....what?? He explained they respond better to a guest calling then when he calls. Finding that ridiculous I tried different areas in the room. I finally could get a signal if I sat next to the bathroom...yuk. I might also add I paid for the upgrade to the "king" room. I found it nothing special . Due to the poor customer service and lack of wifi I'll go back to the Ramada..much it's nicer {it has pool, hot tub and reliable wifi}... for a few extra dollars.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Joanna Martin _, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Harrisburg North, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2013

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review about our property. I am sorry that you did not have any success with our WiFi. We tell the guest to contact our provider because we seem to get better results from them when they guest calls them directly. It does turn out that we had a part that had gone bad on the WiFi equipment and needed to have it replaced. It has since been replaced and our WiFi is functioning properly now. We hope you will give us a second chance next time you are in the area to exceed your expectations. Once again, I thank you for writing a review on our property.

Reviewed March 11, 2013

I stayed here one night for business. Everything in the room functioned well. I enjoyed the free wifi. The staff was friendly. The room was very clean. I appreciated the free coffee in the lobby. The hotel offers a veteran's discount.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our property. I am glad that you enjoyed your room and the free wifi. I will also pass on your kind words about how friendly our staff is. We do offer military discounts to both our active duty and retired veterans. Once again, thank you for taking the time to write about our property. We look forward to having you stay with us next time you are in the Harrisburg area!

Reviewed March 2, 2013 via mobile

Man at front desk very nice , room was not bad but smelled so bad like someone was smoking in our room. As soon as you opened the door it smelled so bad. We went out and picked up air freshener and carpet fresh . The blankets could have been cleaner. Sheets were clean towels were clean and the beds were not bad. Would stay again if it was a night or two cheap cant beat the price but will make sure it doesn't smell .

• Stayed: February 2013
Joanna Martin _, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Harrisburg North, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our property. I am very sorry to hear that your room smelled of smoke. I will address this issue with our housekeeping staff. We have begun our renovations and will be 100% smoke free very soon. Thank you for complimenting our Front Desk GSR, Michael. We work very hard to provide the best customer service to our guests. Renovations are under way and our new rooms are very impressive! Please come back and see us soon!

Reviewed February 24, 2013

I always stay here when attending events at the Farm Show Complex as it is one of the closest hotels. There are restaurants, a mini market and a gas station close by. Clean rooms, reasonable rates, nice staff.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Jeanne G
Joanna Martin _, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Harrisburg North, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2013

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review about our property. I am so glad to hear that you stay with us everytime you are in the area. We are located near several stores and restaurants, which makes it very convenient to our guests. Thank you for complimenting how clean our rooms are since we take our cleanliness very seriously. I will share your kind words about our staff to them as well. Once again, thank you for taking the time to write about how much you enjoy staying at Red Roof Inn North!