“Was not bad for two nights but......” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Red Roof Inn Harrisburg North

Red Roof Inn Harrisburg North
Ranked #39 of 50 Hotels in Harrisburg
Pocono Manor, Pennsylvania
“Was not bad for two nights but......”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2013 via mobile

Man at front desk very nice , room was not bad but smelled so bad like someone was smoking in our room. As soon as you opened the door it smelled so bad. We went out and picked up air freshener and carpet fresh . The blankets could have been cleaner. Sheets were clean towels were clean and the beds were not bad. Would stay again if it was a night or two cheap cant beat the price but will make sure it doesn't smell .

• Stayed February 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Joanna Martin _, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Harrisburg North, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our property. I am very sorry to hear that your room smelled of smoke. I will address this issue with our housekeeping staff. We have begun our renovations and will be 100% smoke free very soon. Thank you for complimenting our Front Desk GSR, Michael. We work very hard to provide the best customer service to our guests. Renovations are under way and our new rooms are very impressive! Please come back and see us soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
  • Indonesian first
Mill Hall, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2013

I always stay here when attending events at the Farm Show Complex as it is one of the closest hotels. There are restaurants, a mini market and a gas station close by. Clean rooms, reasonable rates, nice staff.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank jaskey
Joanna Martin _, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Harrisburg North, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review about our property. I am so glad to hear that you stay with us everytime you are in the area. We are located near several stores and restaurants, which makes it very convenient to our guests. Thank you for complimenting how clean our rooms are since we take our cleanliness very seriously. I will share your kind words about our staff to them as well. Once again, thank you for taking the time to write about how much you enjoy staying at Red Roof Inn North!
Walnutport
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2013

First of all we arrived on Feb 16th, walk into the office and the lady there was just sitting at the computer, I stood there for 5 minutes no welcome to RedRoof no Hello no nothing . Finally she looks up and said rudely DO YOU HAVE A RESERVATION. I said well yes I do. She Then asks me my name I tell her and spell it for her to say I can't find anything, I said excuse me I have a conformation number here I called last night to make sure. Then she asked me for identification , no problem I pull my wallet out and show her my drivers license and she said I need it fisically in my hands. OK. then I asked for and extra towel and it was like (do I really have to get up). Ok we go upstairs to our room and there is hair all ine the shower on the floors snd even on the toilet seat. Ok pull down the blankets to find hair, blood stains and some other kind of stains all over the sheets and the pillow cases. It was really gross. My son and his friend ( 15 and 16) didn't even want to lay on the blankets. Ok I brought blankets out of the car to lay on. Next morning get up for coffee and tea , get half of a cup of coffee and 1 cup of hot water at 7:00 AM and they where empty-The lady looks at my son and I and said oh you emptied the coffee and the hot water. Like are you kidding me. We stayed here for the last 5 years for Motorama and this will be the LAST. RUDE< FILTHY < DISGUSTING

Room Tip: rooms not clean at all
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Patti B
Joanna Martin _, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Harrisburg North, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent experience at our facility. At Red Roof Inn we pride ourselves on providing our guests with comfortable, clean and affordable rooms. I am disappointed and shocked to hear that your stay did not meet yours or our expectations as we strive to ensure all of our guests have a positive stay. We take our customer service very seriously so I am extremely disappointed to hear about your experience at check in. And please accept my apologies on the cleanliness of your room. I can assure you that appropriate action will be taken to ensure a similar situation does not occur in the future. Again, thank you for sharing your concerns, and I hope you will give us the opportunity to better serve you the next time you are in the area.
Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2013

We had to stop here attempting to beat a snowstorm back to the east coast. We got here around midnight on Christmas. The lady working the desk was not overly friendly - but I guess I wouldn't be either if I were working a hotel desk on Christmas. Our room though was a nice surprise - big bed, very comfortable and nice sheets.

The bathroom was a large size. The only thing I found icky was there was a hair on the wall in the shower. That was gross. But besides that it was a standard Red Roof Inn. Check out was easy.

Also was kind of bothered by the fact we got a room with an indoor corridor but the door to get into the building was unlocked and propped open.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Joanna Martin _, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Harrisburg North, responded to this review, February 10, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our property. I am glad that you felt the room was nice and that our beds were comfortable. I do apologize for the reception you got from our front desk employee. We take great pride in our customer service so to hear that our employee was not overly friendly is surprising. I am sorry that you found a hair in your shower. We take our cleanliness very seriously, so again I apologize for the oversight. I am unsure why the door to the building was propped open. This is something we will have to watch for. Please come back and visit us next time you are in the area. Renovations will be beginning very soon!
Williamsburg, VA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2013

Traveled here with my daughter for a seminar. Room was clean and appointed as advertised, but everything was so old. Microwave took 4 minutes to boil a cup of water. No freezer section in the refrigerator, noisy old A/C Unit. Even the bedding, while clean, was old - really needs new linens and an entire overhaul. The room was on an upper floor and, as the A/C unit was so inefficient, the room was terribly hot throughout the night. As no breakfast is included in the cost of a room, my guess is I won't be staying here again when in town as there are many other choices.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Michael S, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Harrisburg North, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
Thank you for your review of our property. I am sorry that you felt that our Inn was in need of updating. I would like to thank you for complimenting how clean our rooms were. We do pride ourselves in our cleanliness. I am happy to share with you that we are planning a full renovation starting in February of this year. The renovation will include all new bedding, hardwood floors, and many more exciting updates. We do not offer breakfast in the morning in order to keep our rates as low as we can, but we do recommend an excellent diner called the Peachtree which is only a mile down the road from us. By the time you return to the area we will be a brand new property! We hope you will stay with us upon your return and give us the opportunity to show you the new Red Roof Inn!
Gainesville, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2012

We have stayed at this motel several times in our travels north and south between north FL and western NY state. We like it for several reasons: it has a clean and safe business neighborhood (office parks) in which to walk our dog; the motel is always in excellent condition; nearby restaurants are good; it is in the perfect location for us as we go north and south. The room was very comfortable and the staff very helpful in checking in.

In particular, the staff in the morning when we checked out was particularly helpful and friendly. I wrote her name down but somehow have misplaced it. I do recall she transferred from a RRI in Tampa to this property.

If I were running a motel, she is exactly the person I would want representing my company. She was extremely helpful and went out of her way to answer our questions and to smoothly close the transaction to send us on our way. She even waved good bye at the front door of the office. How much better treatment can a traveler get? I can assure you this is hardly a usual occurance at Interstate motels. My only regret is that it has taken me so long to write this review.

We have a few "aces in the hole" motels now in our list of preferred places to stay on our various routes. Our short list requires motels to be clean, safe, good dog-walking, pleasant staff, and good food vendors nearby.

This RRI and that woman staffer puts this motel at the top of our lis.. We plan to stop there over the holidays at least once, maybe twice. I never thought I would sing such praises for a motel, but this property deserves it.

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Jim C
Michael S, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Harrisburg North, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
Jim, thank you so much for your comments and staying with us! I wanted to thank you for taking your time and posting about your stay. It is truly our pleasure that you stay with us. We appreciate you staying with us between your north and south trips. We do have nice clean rooms and we are in a nice safe area too. Our area does have a good place to walk your dog in the morning. We will be getting a remodel with new beds and furniture in 2013. We have a couple of restaurants that are close by and I am happy that the desk took care of you. The desk clerk’s name is Dally and she is a super star for me here. I will share all your comments with the staff. I am happy that we made your short list of motels. You are welcome back any time you would like and we will see you next trip.
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2012

We stopped here on a road trip, and it was good for an overnight stop. The room was clean, and the bed was comfortable enough, though small. We were unable to get a queen sized bed by the time we arrived. The floor in the bathroom was a little worn, but not badly so. There was a little noise from the hallway when we first arrived, but it settled down by the time we were ready to sleep. Even though the hotel is right near the highway, we didn’t hear any highway noise. We had some trouble connecting to the wi-fi, and when we did connect, it was very slow. The room is very basic, so don’t expect amenities like a hair dryer or a coffee maker in the room. Since we were just stopping here to sleep on our way somewhere else, it served our purpose. If we were planning on staying in the area for a few days, we’d probably choose someone with more amenities.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank wolfie_n
Thank you for stopping by, but please stay longer. We do have comfortable beds and clean rooms. Our location is very quiet and safe area. I am sorry that you had some trouble with the free WIFI. We don’t have lots amenities, so we can keep our rates reasonable for our guest. We do have hair dryer in some rooms and they are available at the desk upon request. Some rooms have a one cup coffee maker and we always have free coffee and tea in the lobby. We would relish the opportunity to have you as a guest at our location again.