“Nice Hotel, Nice location”

Sheraton Harrisburg-Hershey
Ranked #26 of 51 Hotels in Harrisburg
Reviewed April 15, 2014

The location is set right next to a strip mall with anything you need while travleing. Check in was very friendly, Although when I checked in I was advised the double room I booked was not available and they were giving me a King room.. not good since I had 2 children with me.. however they came thru with a King suite with a pull out and a roll-away, which worked fine for me. The young man at the front desk was wonderful, and even called my room to make sure we were ok and had everything we needed. The day before I had stayed at a Crowne Plaza, the Sheraton was a little dated in comparison, but it was clean and I have no complaints. However, the ceiling height was VERY low in the hallways, anyone over 6'2 may have an issue.. Pool area was nice, plenty of towels and chairs and a restroom right there which is a necessity with children. I found the rate a little expensive considering I had stayed at a much nicer hotel the day before for $74 less, and they offered complimentary coffee, muffins and danish.. which is more than the Sheraton. There are many hotels in the area, I liked this hotel (4 stars) but would probably look around before I booked it again, I would want a litle more for my money.

Room Tip: If staying in the summer months with kids I request one of the rooms with a balconey right next to t...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
AGMSheraton, Manager at Sheraton Harrisburg-Hershey, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2014

Thank you for your review! We apologize for your preferred room type not being available. Our hotel will be undergoing renovations during the 2014-2015 season and we hope that you will stop in to see our changes. Please feel free to contact us directly with anything that we can do to make your next stay as comfortable as possible.

Reviewed April 14, 2014

Either way, great place!!

You walk in to a fairly large, well lit lobby, very clean and desk staff was professional and in uniform (as expected for the Sheraton). Due to a long line (cheerleading conventions) the PREFERRED attendant checked us in. Even though we had the priceline mystery deal thing of nearly half price, we were offered queen or king, and upon requesting a king away from kids if possible - we were assigned our room. When we arrived at the room (after being advised on the nearest parking relative to our room by the extremely pleasant attendant) we found it was the PREFERRED MEMBERS guest room.

I'm not sure if all rooms are this way, but the PREFERRED room was a corner with of course extra windows, very spacious, Starbucks coffee, every kind of soap/liquid item imaginable and two FREE bottles of Dasani.

Bed was very comfortable, everything was perfectly clean, check out was NOON, which we loved.

The only two things I could complain about would be:
1. LARGE place, so if you park in the wrong area, you're in for a hike. (Can't be avoided really though, unless you know the layout beforehand.)
2. The TV remote required about 20 button pushes for it to function, I wanted to turn it in at the front desk, but I was afraid someone would get confused and think we stole it.

Despite THREE simultaneous events (marathon, cheerleaders and police convention), the hotel was fairly in control, not extreme chaos, only moderate chaos. That's a compliment. Very easy to locate from the highway and an easy drive to Hershey, not in the heart of the city, so no big traffic issues for a friday night.

Room Tip: There is no ice on the 6th floor, however room 622 is very nice if available for the same price. Th...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your detailed review! Our staff aims to treat all guests in the best way possible - no matter what type of booking your reservation was made through. We also apologize for the issue with your TV remote. Always feel free to contact our front desk and we'll be happy to send a member of our engineering team to fix any problems. We hope to see you on your next trip!

Reviewed April 9, 2014

Probably a little better than ok for Harrisburg where there are only a handful of brand full service hotels. The concierge lounge was being remodeled and the room not the cleanest (dusty night stands I could write my name on), and no easy electricity access bedside for phones and gadgets. No one wants to leave their cell phone across the room all night! Front desk very courteous and the free parking is a plus.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank TexKeystone
AGMSheraton, Manager at Sheraton Harrisburg-Hershey, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2014

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your patience with our current renovation period and our new club lounge will be ready for the upcoming summer season. We will pass on your experience with the night stands to housekeeping as well. Please feel free to contact us directly with any further comments or questions.

Reviewed April 8, 2014

Though not located in downtown Harrisburg, location is convenient and accessible. Staff very welcoming and helpful, pleasant restaurant, decor and comfort level very high. I would definitely choose this location again.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
AGMSheraton, Manager at Sheraton Harrisburg-Hershey, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2014

Thank you for your review! If you are one of our Starwood Preferred Guests (or would be interested in joining), feel free to contact us directly with any special requests for your next stay!

Reviewed March 31, 2014

I stayed for one night in early November while visiting Hershey. The hotels at Hershey on site were a bit on the expensive side and stayed here.

I was driving in and reached the hotel by around 10:30 am. The room was available earlier than the check in time and was allocated a room on the sixth floor.

Due to the rolling hills and ground differential, neither the land nor the hotel is flat and on the same plane, and it does look like a maze with this layout.

Room was decent and the bath was clean. Room had LCD TV, working table and was adequate. The windows probably need a scrub.

There is a nice mall right across the area and has a nice view. It was late fall and the foliage was all yellow and gold giving a nice touch to the area, parking area was quite large and there is area to park all around the hotel. It might be better to park at the back entrance based on the location of the room.

I was for the most part at the Hershey park and came back only later in the evening. I again left early morning at 6 am in the morning and hence did not use any facilities at the hotel.

The rate was just north of $50 per night and that was a nice rate for this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank bramgopal
AGMSheraton, Manager at Sheraton Harrisburg-Hershey, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2014

Thank you for your detailed review! Feel free to contact us directly for your next Hershey Park experience - we offer a hotel room and ticket package that may be perfect for your future trip.

Reviewed March 30, 2014

This was the 6th year our conference has been held at this Sheraton, and the service, staff, food and care are just outstanding. I don't think I've ever met a friendlier more competent staff. They look forward to our convention, and we look forward to seeing them again. Really nice. Almost like having your mom take care of you.

Room Tip: All the rooms seem pretty good, and well isolated from the conference areas, so there's little n...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business

Thank you for your kind review! It's always great to see guests return time after time, and we hope to see you for year 7 of your conference!

Reviewed March 26, 2014

Harrisburg is having a record cold wave... However, the hotel driver of this Sheraton property was waiting for me @ the airport... Warm van, warm rooms & the Sheraton standard of GREAT customer service!!! The guest rooms are ALWAYS clean at this property. I sleep wonderfully in the down comforters!!

Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo

Thank you for your review! We're happy that you received a cozy welcome from both our staff and our Sweet Sleeper bedding. Feel free to stop in during our warmer months when you can relax at our outdoor pool and tiki bar!