“The staff goes above and beyond!”

Sheraton Harrisburg-Hershey
Ranked #24 of 50 Hotels in Harrisburg
Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at the Sheraton because it was the location of a work conference. They handled our large group well for the 4 nights we were there. The members of our group seemed happy with the hotel. Everyone I encountered on the staff was friendly and helpful. The hotel is within walking distance of a few restaurants. Other restaurants are within a short drive. The jacuzzi in the hotel was a nice amenity.

• Stayed: September 2013
AGMSheraton, General Manager at Sheraton Harrisburg-Hershey, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2013

Thank you for your review! We are happy that everyone in your group was able to enjoy their time here with us. Please visit us again in the future!

There are newer reviews for Sheraton Harrisburg-Hershey

Reviewed September 28, 2013

We stayed 2 nights at the Sheraton as part of a coach tour, lovely lobby with computer area and little shop, lovey buffet breakfast in the restaurant and quite reasonably priced as well. There is also a shopping area about 5 min walk across the car park with a target which is open till 11pm, some other shops and restaurants. The rooms were lovely the only downside was the bathroom door was a sliding door which kept coming off he rails, but when we reported it, the handyman was there in a flash, I would stay again.

Stayed: September 2013

Thank you for your review! We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time with us. Please visit us again in the future if in the area!

Reviewed September 25, 2013

I actually want to like this hotel better than I do. The lobby is great. The computer area is very usable and comfortable. It has a nice shop with Starbucks. Restaurant has never disappointed me.
The club lounge is pretty nice and if Yolanda is there you are in for excellent hospitality in the evening.
The rooms are kind of brown and dark and the bathroom is almost a deal breaker for me. Its got a narrow door and then the door opens in so you either close it and feel claustrophobic or open it and have even less room. I do like the nice crisp sheets!
I have stayed there many times but never feel like that or my Platinum status helps me get a room that doesn't look over the roof or the pool no matter what I ask for. If I check in late they say they don't have any better rooms left, if I check in early I still get the same thing. Once I had a desk person that tried to help me get something to my liking but then he asked his superior who just said "we don't have anything".
There is a shopping area with a Target right behind the hotel - walkable from hotel.
If there was another SPG property in Harrisburg I would jump ship immediately.

Room Tip: Good luck with that. They do have some small "balconies" on the Club level.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your review and your continued patronage! We will be sure to pass along your kind words to Yolanda. We look forward to seeing you here with us in the near future!

Reviewed September 24, 2013

WOW!!! What a great hotel staff!! I worked in hotels for 15 years and never worked with as many All-Stars as this hotel has. From the minute we checked in to the minute we left, we were treated like royalty. The Dog & Pony Restaurant and Pub staff were phenomenal. I do not usually use hotel food service but am glad I did. My sister and I arrived to the bar at 11:15pm (they close at 12) and were not rushed by the bartender or the manager, John Secret. In fact, we were offered a second drink after midnight! The following day we all decided to eat in the restaurant for dinner as we were all tired from a day at Hershey Park. The service was excellent once again. It was my son Joey's birthday weekend and John made sure Joey received cake and a couple pieces to go as well after the birthday song was sung.
We went to the breakfast buffet the next morning and received the same stellar service. The food was excellent as well.
The room was nice, the bed and pillows comfortable. The pool was clean and at a very nice temperature.
I would like to extend a hearty thank you to all the staff for making it an enjoyable weekend. I solidly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: we faced the mall and it was quiet.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your review! We are so happy that you enjoyed your time with us, and will be sure to pass along your kind words to John and the staff at The Dog and Pony!

Reviewed September 21, 2013

They actually have a decent restaurant but the room breaks it for me. The bathroom was oh-so-small and not very well kept. It kind of gives me a gross feeling. The room is spacious but I just have problem with the cleanliness level.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your review! We do have some rooms that offer a larger bathroom. Please visit us again in the future and we would be happy to assist you with any requests!

Reviewed September 15, 2013

The Front desk and restaurant staff were EXCELLENT as was the staff in the coffee shop.

The Lobby is nice, the hotel room is OK and the bathroom is very small (but OK). The room was clean.

My main concern is the parking. The parking area is dark and needs better lighting. As a female guest traveling alone...I did not feel safe parking in the parking area after dark.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your review! Upon receiving this review, we did make sure that all of our lights were working properly in the parking lot. In the future, please feel free to have a staff member assist you if you feel unsafe in anyway. We look forward to seeing you again in the future!

Reviewed September 15, 2013

The hotel is far from upgraded, but was clean and staff were very pleasant. Beds weren't very comfortable, but was okay for a one night stay.

The pool was a unique feature at this property. You can swim between the inside and outside pool, which is a fun feature for the kids.

The best part of the hotel, hands down, is the restaurant. We had a delicious dinner and terrific breakfast. Usually hotel restaurants are overpriced and the food less than satisfying. Not the case here. The breakfast buffet was only $12.95 and the food was delicious.

Not a bad stay overall.

• Stayed: September 2013

Thank you for your review! We are happy that you enjoyed our pool area and the breakfast buffet. We look forward to seeing you again in the future!