“Great stay”

Ranked #23 of 50 Hotels in Harrisburg
Ottawa, Canada
“Great stay”
Reviewed January 29, 2013

The staff was very friendly. The room was fairly large. The bed was very comfortable. The bathroom was a bit small. I prefer showers to bathtubs however the bathroom was spotless as was the rest of the room. Internet was included.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Andrew L, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Harrisburg-Hershey, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate your comments. As well as having free internet in the rooms, we also have our Link At Sheraton available for internet access and for printing documents, if needed. Internet is available in our restaurant, also. We try our hardest to provide excellent service in all areas of our property, this includes providing our guests' all the tools needed to make their stay enjoyable and productive. We are excited for many great projects to our hotel. We hope you return and check us out! Thank you again, for your comments and of course for staying with us!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (139)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
Dagsboro, Delaware
Reviewed January 28, 2013

From the front desk staff, to the cleaning staff, to the restaurant staff, this was a wonderful experience for me. My husband and I were meeting several friends at this hotel for a nice long weekend. We checked in first and the front desk person was able to put us all on one floor and right next to each other. We had the only king bed. Others were doubles. Our room adjourned to one of friends so we all got to have a place to hang together. Rooms were sparkly clean and nice size. We had a corner room with extra space and a huge bathroom area. Bed but comfy, however, sheets were a bit scratchy due to being newer. Had plenty of pillows.
They served Starbucks coffee in the souvenier shop and that was the coffee that was in our rooms. Love that. There was also various types of toiletries including mouthwash and shaving cream for our convenience. The inside pool was open with a hot tub and a nice size workout room.

This is definitely the hotel to stay at when you are traveling for business or fun. Just minutes from downtown Hershey and plenty to do in Harrisburg itself.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Wow! Thank you so much for your kind words! We are so happy that your stay went so well. We are happy to accomodate any request big or small..if we are able to do so. I am glad we were able to place your whole party so close together. It does make for a more enjoyable stay, I would agree with you! Next time you are in our area, we would love to help you out with places to visit other than what is found in Harrisburg and Hershey. Lancaster is just approximately 30 minutes from us and has many fabulous spots to check out!

Thank you again for staying with us, we look forward to your return.
State College, Pennsylvania
Reviewed January 4, 2013

My family stayed at the Sheraton Harrisburg-Hershey 10/20-21 while my husband was running the Hershey Half Marathon. The staff was very courteous and efficient during our stay. The lobby and common areas are spacious and well decorated, very nice. The rooms were large, comfortable and very clean. The location was great too, easy for us to drive back and forth to Hershey and close to shopping and restaurants. The indoor pool is very nice, great size, warm and very clean. The pool was the highlight of my 2 year old twins trip, they had a blast. We will be back!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Andrew L, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Harrisburg-Hershey, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
Wow! Thank you for your feedback. We hope your husband did well in the marathon! We are in a fantastic spot. Centrally located to downtown Harrisburg and Hershey, and all its attractions. Next time you are in the area, let us help you track down some great spots in Lancaster. We are about 30 minutes from Lancaster, home to the great shopping outlets and great places to dine. 2013 is going to be a great year for our hotel. We are looking forward to many great projects to make our property even better. Please make sure you return to us and check out our progress. Thank you again for staying with us.
Pennington, New Jersey
Reviewed December 30, 2012

I stayed at this Sheraton with my family on Friday night December 29th. This hotel is very well situated near the exit to I-276. It is also right next to a large strip mall that has a wide selection of eating places, including a hamburger chain that is one of America's best.
There is plenty of parking and the lobby area is quite luxurious. there are even books to borrow from the shelves in case you are bored. They have a great gift shop and a nice swimming pool and other facilities.
I found the manager, Andy, to be very helpful and the staff were really pleasant and helpful with respect to requests. I'd give them an A++ in this department. For example, I came back with some left over wedding cake in a container. The restaurant manager was helpful with giving me a plate and a fork so that I could eat the cake in my room.
I'd stay here again. Definitely.

Room Tip: ASk the check-in person which elevators (there are two wings) you should use to get to your rooms...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Andrew L, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Harrisburg-Hershey, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Wow! Thank you so much for your comments and awesome feedback. We are in a fantastic location to shopping, dining and sight seeing. We hope you find your way back to us in the summer, we will help you make your stay enjoyable with many nice sights to visit. Andy, one of our managers at the front desk, has been a tremendous asset to our team. I have made sure he has seen your comments. In our business, compliments are rare, so we make sure that when we get them -they are communicated! We are in store for many great upgrades to our property. We are so excited about this. Next time you are in the area, please stop by to see us!
New Jersey
Reviewed December 21, 2012

This Sheraton is standard fare -- this is not one of the old Sheratons that are run down. The lobby is large and bright and the staff is quite accommodating. Although some aspects of the rooms are a bit worn, my room was clean and comfortable.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Andrew L, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Harrisburg-Hershey, responded to this review, December 23, 2012
Thank you so much for staying with us and for your comments. Our lobby is not only bright, it is decorated with holiday cheer right now! We are so fortunate to be so close to downtown Harrisburg and to Hershey. Both cities enjoy celebrating the season and so do we! We are exctied for our many projects of improvement to our property for 2013. We hope you stop by and see us and see what we are up to!
Thank you again for staying with us and for your feedback. We value any and all comments.
New York City, New York
Reviewed December 20, 2012

I guess I expected signs of wear given the hotel's proximity to Hershey Park, but this place needs a makeover. Remote buttons worn off, rust on the sprinkler, bad caulking in the tub and thin walls are part of the experience. I can't imagine how loud this place is during peak season! The lobby is very nice and betrays the rooms. Given that this was an SPG awards stay, and it was 5 minutes from my business engagement it was fine. Restaurant was OK and all staff I encountered was very friendly and helpful. Will check back to see if they update it, but until then probably won't stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your feedback. We are always striving to better our property. We have many projects underway to do just that. Next time you are in the area, please stop by and check us out. There is never a good time for renovations, but we are happy and excited for our many improvements. Thank you again for your comments and we hope to see you again!
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed December 12, 2012

The hotel lobby looks nice, maybe the best looking in the Harrisburg area. The pool area looked great, too, as I walked by. HOWEVER, while in my room, I heard EVERYTHING in the adjacent rooms. I heard the guy talking - in a normal speaking voice, mind you. I heard his cell phone ding as he got text messages. I even heard his keys on his lap rattle as he typed. Seriously, it was that bad on both sides of my room. I spent a little more than an hour in the room before I checked out. I wasn't going to stick around to see if they snored or made any other types of noises. The staff was helpful and apologetic and did not charge me at all - which was nice.

If you value privacy or solitude in your room, you simply can not consider this hotel.

1 Thank Butch_Cunnings
Andrew L, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Harrisburg-Hershey, responded to this review, December 16, 2012
Thank you for your feedback. We are so sorry for your experience. We have taken your comments and have made sure that all the appropriate departments have read them. We do strive to do our best with each guest in every situation. Our hotel walls are "standard Issue" walls. But we do realize that each guest is different and that sensativity to noise is also different with each guest. We thank you for attempting to stay with us! We hope that maybe one day you choose to return and give us another chance. Happy Holidays!