“Good Sheraton”

Sheraton Harrisburg-Hershey
Ranked #26 of 51 Hotels in Harrisburg
Reviewed December 21, 2012

This Sheraton is standard fare -- this is not one of the old Sheratons that are run down. The lobby is large and bright and the staff is quite accommodating. Although some aspects of the rooms are a bit worn, my room was clean and comfortable.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Andrew L, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Harrisburg-Hershey, responded to this reviewResponded December 23, 2012

Thank you so much for staying with us and for your comments. Our lobby is not only bright, it is decorated with holiday cheer right now! We are so fortunate to be so close to downtown Harrisburg and to Hershey. Both cities enjoy celebrating the season and so do we! We are exctied for our many projects of improvement to our property for 2013. We hope you stop by and see us and see what we are up to!
Thank you again for staying with us and for your feedback. We value any and all comments.

Reviewed December 20, 2012

I guess I expected signs of wear given the hotel's proximity to Hershey Park, but this place needs a makeover. Remote buttons worn off, rust on the sprinkler, bad caulking in the tub and thin walls are part of the experience. I can't imagine how loud this place is during peak season! The lobby is very nice and betrays the rooms. Given that this was an SPG awards stay, and it was 5 minutes from my business engagement it was fine. Restaurant was OK and all staff I encountered was very friendly and helpful. Will check back to see if they update it, but until then probably won't stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for your feedback. We are always striving to better our property. We have many projects underway to do just that. Next time you are in the area, please stop by and check us out. There is never a good time for renovations, but we are happy and excited for our many improvements. Thank you again for your comments and we hope to see you again!

Reviewed December 12, 2012

The hotel lobby looks nice, maybe the best looking in the Harrisburg area. The pool area looked great, too, as I walked by. HOWEVER, while in my room, I heard EVERYTHING in the adjacent rooms. I heard the guy talking - in a normal speaking voice, mind you. I heard his cell phone ding as he got text messages. I even heard his keys on his lap rattle as he typed. Seriously, it was that bad on both sides of my room. I spent a little more than an hour in the room before I checked out. I wasn't going to stick around to see if they snored or made any other types of noises. The staff was helpful and apologetic and did not charge me at all - which was nice.

If you value privacy or solitude in your room, you simply can not consider this hotel.

1  Thank Butch_Cunnings
Andrew L, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Harrisburg-Hershey, responded to this reviewResponded December 16, 2012

Thank you for your feedback. We are so sorry for your experience. We have taken your comments and have made sure that all the appropriate departments have read them. We do strive to do our best with each guest in every situation. Our hotel walls are "standard Issue" walls. But we do realize that each guest is different and that sensativity to noise is also different with each guest. We thank you for attempting to stay with us! We hope that maybe one day you choose to return and give us another chance. Happy Holidays!

Reviewed December 2, 2012

I recently stayed at the Sheraton with my daughter during a trip visiting colleges. The hotel is located off of the highway with tons of shopping & eating locations nearby. The room was clean and good sized with only one problem - the exhaust fan in the was rubbing against the cover and sounded like it was going to take off. I called the front desk and within 5 minutes there was a maintenance person at my door. He wasn't able to correct the problem but promised to return shortly. He returned within 10 minutes and had the fan fixes in 5. Very impressive.
We would stay here again for the convenient location and the staff - not necessarily the pool or other amenities.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Andrew L, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Harrisburg-Hershey, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2012

Happy Holidays! Thank you so much for your comments and feedback. We are so sorry for the inconvenience with your bathroom fan, but are happy you were pleased with the resolve. We are excited for some upcoming projects we have scheduled for our property. We are constantly striving to better our property and its' offerings. To do this, any and all feedback is appreciated. Thank you for taking the time to review us and good luck in the search for the "best" college for your daughter. If your travels ever bring you back here in Harrisburg, we hope you stay with us again!

Reviewed November 30, 2012

We are gold SPG members and needed a place close to Hershey Medical Center. We looked online and found this hotel. It was easy on/off from the highway. Lots of parking... and we noticed a mall and lots of food places to choose from without even having to go back out on the main road. The lobby is beautiful... and then hotel staff is very friendly and ready to help in any way. I stood at the front desk no more than 5 seconds before I was helped. I was checked in with room keys in hand in less than 2 min. They saw we had two small kids who were more than ready to try out the pool and asked if we would like a room close to that. YES PLEASE!. Our room was lovely. Very clean, flat screen TV and nice supply of coffee and free water. If I had to say ONE bad thing about the room it would have to be the size of the bathroom. It was tight.... and if you didn't lock the door and someone walked in they would hit you with the door lol. Otherwise the room was perfect! Clean...and now worries bringing the kids. Pool and hot tub area was very nice and in the summer it looks as if you can swim right from the indoor to the outdoor pool. The fitness room looked big and had lots of what I would call new or updated equipment. Beautiful place to eat right inside the hotel... but with two kids we opted to eat outside of the hotel.. but if we are ever alone we would eat in next time. They also offer a nice list of "in room orders" but we didn't do this. The hotel also had computers with printer for guests to use free and a nice gift shop. I would stay here again for sure. The staff went out of their way to make sure we were taken care of. Stay with no worries!!!!

Room Tip: If you have kids and want to be close to the pool ask for a room on the second floor
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family

Wow! Thank you for your kind comments and great feedback! We strive for excellence and we are so glad that, in your eyes, we did so well! We are excited for some fantastic upgrades and changes to our property. The next time you are in the area, we hope that you choose our location to stay. We'd love for you to see the progress with our projects. In addition to being right on and off the highway, we are only 30 minutes from Lancaster and it's many attractions. Too far for you to travel..well we are only 10-15 minutes from downtown Harrisburg, home to the State Capital Building. Thank you again for staying with us and we look forward to your return!

Reviewed November 17, 2012

The room was clean although the carpet had stains in it. The shower fixture was loose and needed fixing. Hot water in the sink was too hot to use without mixing in some of the cold water. No lighting over the couch to allow easy reading.
The exercise room was too warm and the equipment had issues that need repairing.
Compared to other places in the area the hotel was better than most.
The staff was attentive and friendly.
The heating system was not so loud as to wake you up all night long.

Room Tip: the third floor is the ground floor. Rooms on the north side or the west side appear to have less tr...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Andrew L, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Harrisburg-Hershey, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2012

Thank you so much for your comments and feedback. We are sorry for the inconvenience you experienced with the shower head. We are consistently doing our best make improvements where needed. Feedback is the only way we can do this effectively. We are excited for our upcoming renovations. If you are in the area again, please stop by! We would love for you to see what changes we are making. We hope to see you again..real soon! Thank you, again, for staying with us!

Reviewed November 11, 2012

The location is great since it's in a shopping plaza with a Target, Chili's, Friendly's, department store and several other options. It's also right off the highway with easy access.

I expect a basic room and amenities when I stay at a Sheraton, but this property exceed those expectations with their extras and attention to detail despite the bones of the hotel being relatively no frills. We stayed on points and got a SPG Platinum upgrade to a club floor room.

The club floor room had a huge TV, I'd guess 40"+. The view was nothing special. A bathrobe and slippers had been provided in the closet. I appreciated that the bathroom toiletries included mouthwash, since often I don't find that to be the case at other hotels. The only negative was that the bathroom was tiny and you'd be hard pressed to squeeze two people in there at once to get ready. We also were unable to find an option on the heating & cooling unit to have the fan run continuously, which we like to do for sleep comfort. However, we didn't spend much time playing around with it so maybe we missed something.

I only visited the club lounge when it wasn't staffed but found bananas, pop tarts, special K cereal bars, yogurt, milk, soda, water and a latte machine were all available for self-serve access.

Service was great. When I mentioned that I would be leaving very early in the morning, the front desk associate suggested I stop by the club lounge to at least help myself to yogurt, cereal bars and a latte (available 24 hours) for a quick breakfast.

If I had to visit this area again, I would return to the Sheraton.

Room Tip: If you are staying in the East Wing, plan to park in the rear of the building.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Wow! Thank you for your great comments and feedback. We are in a great location, we feel. So close to the Hershey Attractions and of course the Lancaster area. The shopping plaza behind us is a great addition and provides our guests' other options for dining and shopping. We are glad you were able to take advantage of our Club Lounge. We are staffed in the mornings for breakfast and the evenings for cocktails and lite food items. The Club Lounge is available, of course, all day for self serve food and beverage items. We appreciate your comments on the ammenities provided in the rooms. We try to equip our rooms with what our guests' have told us is needed. It is refreshing to know that we are making the right decisions. The next time you are in the area, please reach out to us!

Ps. For next time, the theromostat for the heating and air conditioning units is located on the wall near the entrance of each room,