“Great location with access to stores & restaurants; attention to detail; club floor perks” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Harrisburg-Hershey

Sheraton Harrisburg-Hershey
Ranked #24 of 50 Hotels in Harrisburg
Jersey City, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

The location is great since it's in a shopping plaza with a Target, Chili's, Friendly's, department store and several other options. It's also right off the highway with easy access.

I expect a basic room and amenities when I stay at a Sheraton, but this property exceed those expectations with their extras and attention to detail despite the bones of the hotel being relatively no frills. We stayed on points and got a SPG Platinum upgrade to a club floor room.

The club floor room had a huge TV, I'd guess 40"+. The view was nothing special. A bathrobe and slippers had been provided in the closet. I appreciated that the bathroom toiletries included mouthwash, since often I don't find that to be the case at other hotels. The only negative was that the bathroom was tiny and you'd be hard pressed to squeeze two people in there at once to get ready. We also were unable to find an option on the heating & cooling unit to have the fan run continuously, which we like to do for sleep comfort. However, we didn't spend much time playing around with it so maybe we missed something.

I only visited the club lounge when it wasn't staffed but found bananas, pop tarts, special K cereal bars, yogurt, milk, soda, water and a latte machine were all available for self-serve access.

Service was great. When I mentioned that I would be leaving very early in the morning, the front desk associate suggested I stop by the club lounge to at least help myself to yogurt, cereal bars and a latte (available 24 hours) for a quick breakfast.

If I had to visit this area again, I would return to the Sheraton.

Room Tip: If you are staying in the East Wing, plan to park in the rear of the building.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Andrew L, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Harrisburg-Hershey, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
Wow! Thank you for your great comments and feedback. We are in a great location, we feel. So close to the Hershey Attractions and of course the Lancaster area. The shopping plaza behind us is a great addition and provides our guests' other options for dining and shopping. We are glad you were able to take advantage of our Club Lounge. We are staffed in the mornings for breakfast and the evenings for cocktails and lite food items. The Club Lounge is available, of course, all day for self serve food and beverage items. We appreciate your comments on the ammenities provided in the rooms. We try to equip our rooms with what our guests' have told us is needed. It is refreshing to know that we are making the right decisions. The next time you are in the area, please reach out to us!

Ps. For next time, the theromostat for the heating and air conditioning units is located on the wall near the entrance of each room,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
  • Polish first
Lock Haven, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We had a great stay at this hotel. The staff was nice, the hotel was clean, and the location is good. We also enjoyed The Christmas Tree Shoppe and the near by Friendly's. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
AGMSheraton, General Manager at Sheraton Harrisburg-Hershey, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
Thank you for your wonderful feedback which I have shared with the staff. We hope to see you again soon, under better circumstances.
Modiin, Israel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

NJ was without power so we packed our stuff and headed to PA.
This hotel was warm, welcoming, very nice rooms and great breakfast.
Pool is one of the nicest in-door pools I have been to in a while.
15 minutes from the Hershey Factory which was very nice.
5 minutes from a Harrisburg mall with a great movie theater.
Wi-Fi and parking is free - you have a target across the street.

All-in-all a great "forced" vacation.

Room Tip: Club rooms where very nice and worth the extra $30 a night. Bring your bathing suite also in winter...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for your wonderful comments which I have shared with my teams. We love hearing positive and negative feedback for it helps us in our growth. We look forward to having you back at the hotel again soon.
Huntington Beach, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

Just stayed one night as a single. Got the king room. Very spacious. Both an indoor and outdoor pool. Seems to cater party events on the weekends, so can be noisier, with kids running around. Bathroom fan screeched when turned on (bearings are shot). Got an incredible deal on secondary website. Staff was professional. I would stay again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 stars
AGMSheraton, General Manager at Sheraton Harrisburg-Hershey, responded to this review, November 1, 2012
Thank you for your wonderful comments which I have shared with the Team. We hope to see you again soon!
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

Starwood recently offered a deal to come back to them and get 3,000 points so I took advantage of that by booking Sheraton Harrisburg as I travel there for work each week.
It's a large hotel that has no proper flow to it; you will be lost initially. Floors are not properly marked.

Hotel is old and in need of updating. Bathroom is so tiny and again, old. It's a conference hotel so expect to run into lots of people throughout the hotel and so if you are in a rush always; expect delays.

I didn't eat at the restaurant although menu looked good but prices are TOO HIGH. Rooms are clean I will say that. Location is great, near restaurants and Target if needed. Lots of stores nearby w/in walking distance.

I recommend staying at the Marriott Courtyard on Eisenhower Blvd as that is where I usually stay.

Addressed my concerns with management; they really didn't acknowledge my email so that also made me feel like you don't value you me as Starwood member. I've been to great Starwood properties, unfortunately, this is NOT one of them.

Room Tip: If you park near the 'awning' thinking it's the front and check-in; think again. You nee...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
      Cleanliness
Thank you for your feedback. Please know we value the opinion of each and every guest whether SPG or not. I am not sure whom you sent your email to but I did not receive it. I would like to personally make sure your guest experience is a memorable one, so please reach out to me directly next time you are planning to visit the area. I would love to personally set up your accomodations.
United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

This was our first stay here. Spent a lovely weekend. It happened to be my wife's birthday. As SPG members we were upgraded to club level, received complimentary sparkling wine and chocolate (Hershey's, I imagine) covered strawberries. All delivered precisely at the prearranged time.Pin point perfection. Kudos to the room service staff. Great coordination between front desk and room service. Little things like that really make a difference. And, by the way, it was all delicious. Nice heated indoor pool. Jacuzzi. Free parking. Free Wi-Fi in room. Would return in a heartbeat.

• Stayed October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for your wonderful feedback! Great experiences like yours are what keep us going. We hope to see you again soon.
Covington, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

I periodically stay at this hotel when I'm in town visiting my spouse who works in Harrisburg and stays at this hotel on a weekly basis. The staff is very friendly and helpful makes the effort to recognize and welcome us each time we check-in. The rooms are clean and spacious. The club lounge is awesome with snacks and beverages. The fitness room is very adequate (not super fancy equipment, but definitely solid and functional) with good cardio equipment and weight machines. And there are shops and restaurants within walking distance (Target, JCPenny, Payless, Subway, Moe's, Five Guys, etc.)

Consistent in it's great service, amenities and nice, comfortable rooms.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for your wonderful feedback! We hope to see you at the property again soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Harrisburg
Red Lion Hotel Harrisburg Hershey
4.0 of 5 stars 225 reviews
BEST WESTERN PREMIER The Central Hotel & Conference Center
Homewood Suites Harrisburg East-Hershey Area
Wyndham Garden Harrisburg/Hershey

Been to Sheraton Harrisburg-Hershey? Share your experiences!