“Great hotel, Great location , Awesome staff”

Sheraton Harrisburg-Hershey
Ranked #26 of 50 Hotels in Harrisburg
Reviewed November 5, 2012

NJ was without power so we packed our stuff and headed to PA.
This hotel was warm, welcoming, very nice rooms and great breakfast.
Pool is one of the nicest in-door pools I have been to in a while.
15 minutes from the Hershey Factory which was very nice.
5 minutes from a Harrisburg mall with a great movie theater.
Wi-Fi and parking is free - you have a target across the street.

All-in-all a great "forced" vacation.

Room Tip: Club rooms where very nice and worth the extra $30 a night. Bring your bathing suite also in winter...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
AGMSheraton, General Manager at Sheraton Harrisburg-Hershey, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2012

Thank you for your wonderful comments which I have shared with my teams. We love hearing positive and negative feedback for it helps us in our growth. We look forward to having you back at the hotel again soon.

Reviewed October 31, 2012

Just stayed one night as a single. Got the king room. Very spacious. Both an indoor and outdoor pool. Seems to cater party events on the weekends, so can be noisier, with kids running around. Bathroom fan screeched when turned on (bearings are shot). Got an incredible deal on secondary website. Staff was professional. I would stay again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
AGMSheraton, General Manager at Sheraton Harrisburg-Hershey, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2012

Thank you for your wonderful comments which I have shared with the Team. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed October 29, 2012

Starwood recently offered a deal to come back to them and get 3,000 points so I took advantage of that by booking Sheraton Harrisburg as I travel there for work each week.
It's a large hotel that has no proper flow to it; you will be lost initially. Floors are not properly marked.

Hotel is old and in need of updating. Bathroom is so tiny and again, old. It's a conference hotel so expect to run into lots of people throughout the hotel and so if you are in a rush always; expect delays.

I didn't eat at the restaurant although menu looked good but prices are TOO HIGH. Rooms are clean I will say that. Location is great, near restaurants and Target if needed. Lots of stores nearby w/in walking distance.

I recommend staying at the Marriott Courtyard on Eisenhower Blvd as that is where I usually stay.

Addressed my concerns with management; they really didn't acknowledge my email so that also made me feel like you don't value you me as Starwood member. I've been to great Starwood properties, unfortunately, this is NOT one of them.

Room Tip: If you park near the 'awning' thinking it's the front and check-in; think again. You nee...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for your feedback. Please know we value the opinion of each and every guest whether SPG or not. I am not sure whom you sent your email to but I did not receive it. I would like to personally make sure your guest experience is a memorable one, so please reach out to me directly next time you are planning to visit the area. I would love to personally set up your accomodations.

Reviewed October 27, 2012

This was our first stay here. Spent a lovely weekend. It happened to be my wife's birthday. As SPG members we were upgraded to club level, received complimentary sparkling wine and chocolate (Hershey's, I imagine) covered strawberries. All delivered precisely at the prearranged time.Pin point perfection. Kudos to the room service staff. Great coordination between front desk and room service. Little things like that really make a difference. And, by the way, it was all delicious. Nice heated indoor pool. Jacuzzi. Free parking. Free Wi-Fi in room. Would return in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: October 2012

Thank you for your wonderful feedback! Great experiences like yours are what keep us going. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed October 24, 2012

I periodically stay at this hotel when I'm in town visiting my spouse who works in Harrisburg and stays at this hotel on a weekly basis. The staff is very friendly and helpful makes the effort to recognize and welcome us each time we check-in. The rooms are clean and spacious. The club lounge is awesome with snacks and beverages. The fitness room is very adequate (not super fancy equipment, but definitely solid and functional) with good cardio equipment and weight machines. And there are shops and restaurants within walking distance (Target, JCPenny, Payless, Subway, Moe's, Five Guys, etc.)

Consistent in it's great service, amenities and nice, comfortable rooms.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for your wonderful feedback! We hope to see you at the property again soon.

Reviewed October 23, 2012

Stayed here for 3 nights recently using points for some free nights. We had two rooms on the 7th floor of the hotel. Comfortable beds and clean rooms.

Staff were very friendly and efficient, rooms were a really good size and had everything that was needed for a short stay, including free wifi. Tried room service one evening which was fine and we had the breakfast buffet each morning which was really good value and very good.

The hotel was located out of town which may not be ideal for everyone but for is it was fine. We had a hire car and so it was easy to get to.

Very near to Hershy park if that is what you are looking for, lots of families staying here.

My only critisism would be about the pool, we used it once and did not feel that it was very clean, there were also many children using the pool unsupervised by parents which was fairly chaotic. Pool does not have a lifeguard which is not an issue bt children should be supervised by someone in there.

I would visit this hotel again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for your feedback from your recent stay, which we value. We will be using your information to make changes to the pool area in the upcoming months.

Reviewed October 22, 2012

Comfortable beds, updated, clean, quiet, upscale, friendly. Great for road warriors as its not downtown thus avoiding overnight parking fees. Great fitness center. Huge.
Hits all the right buttons for a frequent business traveler.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for your feedback which I have shared with the Sheraton Team. We look forward to having you stay with us again!!