“Family getaway”

Howard Johnson Inn Harrisburg
Ranked #44 of 50 Hotels in Harrisburg
Reviewed November 24, 2013 via mobile

Stayed her with my family first off I would love to thank the girl at the front desk her name was nicole she was very friendly and helpful at check in and second I also want to thank the supervisor kathy who was very helpful and last but not least I want to thank my housekeeper cathy (shorty)for do a great job in our room

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
HoJoHbg-Hershey, General Manager at Howard Johnson Inn Harrisburg, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to recognize members of our staff during your recent stay. The recognition of the staff members will be celebrated at our next staff meeting. All of us look forward to your next visit to the Howard Johnson-Harrisburg.

There are newer reviews for Howard Johnson Inn Harrisburg

Reviewed November 22, 2013

I read a few reviews before I booked and the hotel and staff exceeded my expections. The hotel was reasonably priced with easy check in and out, free breakfast, and internet. I didnt have any problems with my stay and Tanya(housekeeper) did a great job cleaning. I would stay again.

• Stayed: November 2013

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how did at your recent stay at the Howard Johnson-Harrisburg. We are glad you did not encounter any problems during your stay and that the staff exceeded your expectations. All of us look forward to serving you again.

Reviewed November 20, 2013

I have nothing but positive things to say, overall about the housekeepers but one specifically. Section 236 was the section I was in. My sheets were made and she always made sure I was ok in the morning. Her name was Sheila. Will deff stay again.

• Stayed: November 2013

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we are doing at the Howard Johnson-Harrisburg. Our best compliment is when a guest tells us they will return. We look forward to serving you again.

Reviewed November 20, 2013

Stayed for 19 days this time. Excellent service from Tammy at the front desk, the cleaners shorty, Jen, Alice, and Cynthia. Anything I needed, I got right away. Why pay double the price to stay in Harrisburg when you can get great service right here at Howard Johnsons! Even Santa stays here! Right down the hall.

Room Tip: Any room is ok. I like to stay close to the breakfast for my kids!
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we are doing at the Howard Johnson-Harrisburg. Our primary goal is to have a value for price paid that is outstanding. We are glad in your case we achieved this goal. All of us here enjoy serving you and look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed November 17, 2013

Stayed for 2 nights.Check in was fast and the room was easy to find. No elevators. There is alot of moving around and noise in the hallways in the morning, so dont expect to sleep late. The staff overall were friendly and my housekeeper Tanya got me everything extra i needed. The room was clean and basic, nothing special. The parking lot turned into a swimming pool overnight (rain storm), no problems with my car but it was hard to get back up to the front to check out.

• Stayed: November 2013

Thank you for your response to Trip Advisor. Although we are in the economy segement our goal is to provide a level of service which is more in line with a full service hot. We will prepare plans and actions to get us closer to our goal.

Reviewed November 16, 2013

Want to thank the Howard johnson for my stay was located there for two weeks great stay housekeeper keapt my room really nice picked up name shayla great person . Anything I will ask she helped out . Breakfast barly got to it but one time it was okay well thanks once again .

• Stayed: November 2013
HoJoHbg-Hershey, General Manager at Howard Johnson Inn Harrisburg, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2013

All of us here at the Howard Johnson-Harrisburg, thank you for taking time to let us know how we are doing. We are happy your stay with us was comfortable. We look forward to serving you again soon.

Reviewed November 15, 2013

So obviously this place isn't a diamond-rated place but who cares, because your welcomed and treated with such love and care by the awesome ladies that take care of the room. But they not only look after the cleanliness of your room but they just sincerely care about your stay and that makes this place a diamond-rated place in our eyes. The level of genuine care! We stayed a long two weeks but they made it bearable! Our deepest gratitude to the front desk staff that were awesome to us: Stacey and can't remember her name but she worked nights and wore glasses and loves Starbucks! And our deepest, sincerest gratitude to the sweet team of ladies that took care of us and our children (both of whom went through sick spells and we couldn't have gotten through it without the help from these ladies!): kelly, cynthia and her sister Tea, Alice, Milly (has worked here since she was a teenager!!), Jenn, Kathy (supervisor) and Kathy (shorty). There are many others that I can't remember names of but to the whole staff there, thank you for having us, we'll definitely be back to Harrisburg but hopefully staying in our own home! But we'll sure be by to visit!! Love ya and thanks again! Hope HoJo can honour you ladies the way you deserve to be honoured!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family

Wow!!! We will celebrate your comments at our next employee meeting. Your kind words make there job worth while. All of us here at the Howard Johnson-Harrisburg look forward to serving you again soon.