“very nice staff”

Howard Johnson Inn Harrisburg
Ranked #44 of 51 Hotels in Harrisburg
Reviewed October 12, 2012

my husband and i was in town for the car show. Jennifer, the night auditor, was exceptional in taking care of a matter that i had. she was professional and a joy to talk with. she was prompt and has a beautiful smile. she gave us information about local areas and shops. very nice girl.will visit again.

Room Tip: i stayed poolside was in town for the car show
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
HoJoHbg-Hershey, General Manager at Howard Johnson Inn Harrisburg, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2012

Thank you for the nice comments, I will be assure to pass them on. Thanks again.

Reviewed October 12, 2012

When we first arrived to check in the staff was very helpful. They told us about a restaraunt next to the hotel. Gave us directions on getting to my Aunt's house with out using the freeway. The staff was friendly, Jasmine was the one that cleaned our room most of the time. She always made sure the table was cleaned off and the ashtray was empty. The only problem I had was when I was putting our clothes in the dresser the dresser drawers we dirty, so I had to clean them and our key card didn't work all the time.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
HoJoHbg-Hershey, Manager at Howard Johnson Inn Harrisburg, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2012

Thank you for your nice comments about our staff. I have personally communicated with the housekeeping the staff the importance to ensure the desk drawers are. We continually try to ensure our key card system is reliable. We look forward to serving you again.

Reviewed October 9, 2012

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

Reviewed October 1, 2012

I have stayed at several Harrisburg Hotels/Motels in the last few years, but once I found Howard Johnson Harrisburg/Hershey it's the only place I stay. You can't beat the price and check-in is actually enjoyable. Karen, Nichole and Maryana just to name a few are always pleasant and will see that your stay is comfortable. This place is clean, quiet and has a great choice for breakfast. The rooms are bigger than most places I've seen. If you stay here once you will be sold on this place.

Room Tip: First floor rooms have their own entrance for loading and unloading your stuff.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
HoJoHbg-Hershey, General Manager at Howard Johnson Inn Harrisburg, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2012

Creating an excellent value for our guests is what we strive to accomplish each day. Your repeat business is what our business model is all about. If we ever fall short of delivering please let me know so we can correct the issue promptly.

Reviewed October 1, 2012

Staff was nice and helpfull. Took care of us right away. Great restaurant next to hotel that is within walking distance that has good food. Breakfast bar was good. Hotel is close to Penn State Hershey Rehab so if you have a loved one or friend there it is a cheep place to stay.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends

We appreciate your patronage. We hope to see you soon.

Reviewed September 30, 2012

I am 51 years old. This is the filthiest hotel I have ever stayed in. There were blood stains on the sheets, a spot on the pillow case that was underneath and on the pillow when I removed the pillow case, feces stuck to the inside of the toilet, dead bugs squashed on the walls, and vomit down the side of the bedskirt of the bed (as if a prior guest vomited over the side of the bed). We requested that our room be changed. The bloody sheets and feces was in our first room (103) and the vomit and dirty pillow case and sheets in the second room (153). I would LOVE to send you pictures!!!! I took them of everything! Please send me an email address so I can send them to you.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson
HoJoHbg-Hershey, General Manager at Howard Johnson Inn Harrisburg, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2012

I would agree the experience you had fell well short of our effort to deliver expectations that offer a great value. I discussed in length with our laundry supervisor that we need to discard any linens which dont meet our standards. We strive to do much better. I hope you will give us a chance to win back your trust.

Reviewed September 28, 2012 via mobile

Rooms were good accomidations were good and this is my 5 week here.tammy at the front desk is wonderfull makes every stay worth it.. thanks tammy for making my stay so wonderfull not just now but each week ...tammy tammy tammy...thanks hojo for this wonderfull staff and tammy

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank guyin162

Thank you for your kind words about our front desk

Also consider these accommodations in or near Harrisburg
Super 8 Harrisburg Hershey North
#6 of 14 in New Cumberland
Econo Lodge Harrisburg
Econo Lodge Harrisburg
#36 of 51 in Harrisburg

Been to Howard Johnson Inn Harrisburg? Share your experiences!