New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Red Lion Hotel Harrisburg Hershey

Red Lion Hotel Harrisburg Hershey
Ranked #4 of 50 Hotels in Harrisburg
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
“Staff and Service top notch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2011

Our basketball league ( EBA ) holds their annual owner's meeting at the H.I.East each year. The arrangements are always handled smoothly, room set-up more than meets our needs, Food is of high quality and very much in our price range. Great facility to hold your business meeting.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (359)
Gainesville, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2011

Excellent values for the price: clean room, comfortable bed, good location and ample parking.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2011

Management and staff were professional, friendly and accessible. All needs were met above and beyond my requests and always with a smile. Staff took pride in meeting client needs.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2011

Staff was very helpful and pleasant, had a problem with my internet, but the maintenance guy from daytime was excellent in helping me get my internet. If I remember correctly his name was Jose. He was very pleasant and had my problem fixed fast. Front desk was very helpful with all my needs. I really enjoyed my stay at your hotel and I plan on returning and would recommend this hotel to anyone. The hotel and my room was in great condition. Thank you very much.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled solo
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2011

In January, my family stayed at Holiday Inn /East.The inn was clean and the help exceptional. I lost my gps on the day of our departure. When I returned to my room, it had been beautifully cleaned, but nowhere was my gps. Later on, the general manager of the hotel called me to say that he had my gps. The cleaning woman found it, and returned it to the lost and found. He not only personally mailed it to me, but also paid the overnight postage.
I highly recommend this hotel for the honesty and integrety of its employes.

• Stayed January 2011
Salt Lake City, Utah
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2011

I gave this Holiday a 5 on everything because the staff seemed to make it their goal to make sure I felt at home. From the maintainence staff to the general manager everyone was friendly and helpful.

Trevorton, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2011

I visited this hotel during a recent business trip. I found the staff to exceptionally courteous, not only to myself but to each other as well. My reservation was lost, but the clerk “Amber” was very helpful, remained calm and found me a room, despite having a hotel full of other conference guests to accommodate. One young man “Nate” seemed to be everywhere, “a jack of all trades”, you might say. He waited our luncheon, then he was at the bar later that evening and then in the morning he appeared yet again. Each time he had a friendlily attitude and a smile, despite the fact that he had not been able to go home the night before due to a snow storm. Since it was snowing heavily myself and several friends stayed in and had dinner at the hotel restaurant. Needless to say with a conference in town, it was very busy. However, even though the staff was dealing with a large number of guests, they were polite and even chatty with everyone in our party. I also witnessed the staff helping one another. One young man did not seem to know how to run the register and a one of his colleagues simply came over and assisted him. Another employee asked if he was okay to take yet another room service order or he would like to pass it on to another, he was gracious and accepted the next order even thought he had just returned from one. If you have visited this hotel you will know that that the walks from one end to the other can be tiring, as it is a very spacious place.

It is one thing to have staff be polite and put on a “good face” when they know someone is watching, but it is truly commendable for staff to treat each other with such respect when they think no one is looking. It is always wonderful to receive such tremendous service. Kudos to you and your staff Randall, job well done, keep up the good work. :)

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business