“Another successful group tour”

Red Lion Hotel Harrisburg Hershey
Ranked #3 of 51 Hotels in Harrisburg
Reviewed January 21, 2011

I have been running group tours at the Holiday Inn for five years now. Each time the hotel and staff were ready to make sure we had a nice stay. The level of service is always high and the prices reasonable. You can't go wrong here and we'll be back again next year!

• Stayed: January 2011
Write a ReviewReviews (2,012)

Reviewed January 19, 2011

Well I can not say much because I did not pay for room was on a business trip but there was a mold issue you can smell it and taste it. Was on fourth floor and heard water all night sounded like heavy rain all night I suppose it was just pipes. Also the hallways were so long and there were very creepy maintenance men being a women alone I just did not feel safe here. I would say just skip it unless you have no other choice. Also be warned throughout the hotel for some reason there is buckets catching leaks from the ceiling.

• Stayed: January 2011
34Champs, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel Harrisburg Hershey, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about your recent stay with us. Please allow me this opportunity to apologize for the inconvenience you experienced. Our number one priority is to provide all guests with the highest level of service, comfort and safety. I walked the fourth floor and assure you it is safe for all future guests, and I will continue to walk the property in an effort to identify any opportunity to improve the overall guest experience.

Your willingness to share your experience is genuinely appreciated.

Reviewed January 19, 2011

I have been traveling for business every week since January 2010 and have stayed at the same hotel each trip. I have worked in Harrisburg at least 3-4 days each week for the past year and have chosen to stay at the Holiday Inn East for many reasons. The facilities are nice and always clean and the staff is welcoming and very helpful every time I walk through the door, Those are truly the qualities I look for and have always found there each and every visit.
I would recommend the Holiday Inn East in Harrisburg to anyone staying in the area!

Reviewed January 19, 2011

Have stayed many times at this location. A bit quaint and dated BUT, The service is excellent, One of the cleanest Holiday Inns I have stayed at, the bar is very good, and the Rib-eye steak one of the best I have ever had. Rooms are big and always spotless, beds clean and comfortable, and the A/C/Heaters among the most quiet. Did I mention great WiFi service? Highly recommended!

Reviewed January 18, 2011

Our organization has used the Holiday Inn Harrisburg East on many occasions for meetings and for reserved sleeping rooms. We have never been disappointed nor have we had any problems that the staff has not addressed quickly and to our satisfaction. The prices are competitive, the hotel is clean, and the staff are proffessional and competent. We have always been very satisfied and will continue to use the Holiday Inn Harrisburg East.

Reviewed January 17, 2011

We have stayed at a variety hotels and could not believe the level of service we received. You can tell that this hotel prides itself on customer service. The restaurant staff were very professional and the food was good as well. When we travel to Pennsylvania again we will definitely stay there and drive to other destinations. It is worth the travel!

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed January 10, 2011

The staff was very friendly and personable. Always willing to answer my questions and knowledgeable with the Harrisburg Area. The room was beautiful even being in the dead of winter. One the cleanest hotels I have ever been to. You won't leave with a horror story. Will definetly be staying there again. I went with my girlfriend to celebrate New Year's Eve in downtown Harrisburg. You can't beat a $13 cab ride to the city. If your coming to Harrisburg/Hershey Park/Farm Show/Casino, you can't beat the price, service, and location. 11 out of 10!

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple