2 people are viewing this hotel
$109
Free cancellation until 12/12/21
$109
Free cancellation until 12/11/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
FindHotel
$91
Free cancellation until 12/11/21
Priceline$109
Hotels.com$109
Trip.com$128
3,054 results
All reviews randy stuart ping pong the general manager outdoor pool game room hershey park hot tub the entire staff basketball court the hotel manager home away from home soccer tournament love this hotel staying at this hotel playground dawn conference
Selected filters
Reviewed August 12, 2015 via mobile

We booked this hotel for 2 sets of grandparents and our family of 6 for a trip to Hershey Park (3 rooms). Price was affordable and after reading all the reviews here.. We went for it. It was great. The staff was super friendly and accommodating. We even got to meet Randy that we heard so much about on previous reviews! He was lovely and kind to my family. I suggest trying to get a patio room. It was great to have access to walk over to the pool easily with my kids (fenced in so its not THAT easy that you feel unsafe being close) and the playground was great too. Food was kid friendly and kids eat free with adult meals! Awesome! If I had to make a suggestion to the hotel it would be the replace the carpet. It's tired and uglys and otherwise great place. We will certainly return.

Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank Diane M
vh34, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel Harrisburg Hershey, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2015

Dear Diane,

We appreciate your kind words regarding the service and accommodations we provided you and your family - #smiles. We are passionate about providing great service throughout your entire stay and thrilled when a valued guest takes the time to let us, and future travelers know how much fun they had - #grateful. Patio and balcony rooms, which overlook the courtyard recreational area are in high demand this time of year, and offer outstanding value for families. Your suggestion of replacing our carpets is noted and be shared with ownership. In the interim, we will continue to clean them until they are replaced.

Thank you for your business. We look forward to accommodating you again in the future.

Reviewed August 11, 2015

When searching for hotel to accommodate my family of six on our Hershey trip, this was by far the best rated and most cost effective hotel around. It had everything we were looking for and more, plus many positive reviews on trip advisor. We booked the larger room that had a room separated by French doors, the hotel had a playground and big outdoor pool. I sincerely wish I read the reviews in more detail because I was very disappointed at the state of our room. As you read through the reviews, you will notice that the management uses the term ‘mature’ and references it as if it is out of their control. It is not out of their control. Let's face it: simply put, this hotel needs a serious facelift. Things such as ripped and stained carpets is something they should address. I would have addressed it 1:1 with the staff, but it was obvious as I progressed into the hallways near the rooms the appearance was the same throughout. The balcony was a nice addition, but it was filthy - the chairs were black with dirt, and we could not sit out there. What made it worse is that the smoking rooms must have been below us. We tried to hang our towels out to dry, but they just eventually smelled like smoke. The pool and the play area were GREAT, but it was very hard for me to overlook the dirty nature of the room. At one point cleanliness becomes in question when things are so stained and in such poor condition.

I will say though, that the staff was very friendly, and responsive to any needs. When the Ice Machine wasn't working, they offered to bring ice down to the room from the front desk. The manager made a point to walk over, say hello and shake my husband's hand and said to ask for him personally if we needed anything. The mini arcade was a nice little distraction for the kids at night, although it could use a few more games in there. The rec room with the Wii and the ping pong tables was also a nice little diversion. They only had one set of paddles though, as they get many kids who decide to keep the paddles instead of return them.

We did have one incident that involved the French doors to the attached room that had me in a panic. We had just put our two year old down to bed. When I tried to open the door, I realized it was locked from the opposite side. I could not get in!! There was a key lock present and when we called to explain what happened the maintenance person said they had no keys to the doors?! Why have a lock in one of your rooms that nobody has the key for? A simple push button lock with a pinhole release would serve the trick nicely without the worry of not being able to open the door. Any parent that cannot get access to their child can relate to how I felt. Finally the maintenance man (who was very nice) used a long coat hanger hook and eventually got it open. Our son was fine, but it is ‘mature’ things such as this that need to seriously be considered before booking this hotel.

Because of the value and the fact that we only had a two night stay, I grit my teeth and went with it, but I was disappointed. With some much needed renovations, this hotel would provide a much more pleasant stay. The longer they wait on the renovations, the more customers will decide not to return.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
7  Thank niece_bguy

Dear Valued Guest,

As a senior member of the Red Lion Hotel Harrisburg East, I would like to extend my sincere apologies for failing to meet your expectations as a result of the accommodations we provided you. We share in your disappointment, because we strive to provide inviting ready guest rooms 24/7. The age and perception of our property is important to us, but overall cleanliness and guest satisfaction far surpasses everything else. Renovation plans for carpet replacement in the lounge and hallway area leading up to 3A wing should be underway within the next couple months. We are a completely smoke-free environment, which includes the entire courtyard area – patio and balcony rooms too. It’s unfortunate that another guest was smoking below your room. We will add additional signage to make guests aware of our policies regarding smoking and we will be more diligent with the enforcement of such polices moving forward. All balconies were inspected for cleanliness by me and ready for a relaxing and enjoyable experience. We reviewed the safety standards with the French door locks and have addressed it accordingly. We regret this occurred and grateful your son is OK.

I reached out to you immediately upon receipt of your review and hope to have the opportunity to share our Hospitality Promise.

Randall J. Stuart, CHA, CHME

P.S. I encourage all future guests to contact me directly at 717-704-0783 if they have questions or concerns about their upcoming stay.

Reviewed August 10, 2015 via mobile

Amenities are fabulous! Indoor pool, big outdoor pool with playground as well as big patio with tiki bar near outside pool. Staff very friendly including and especially the hospitality staff.
Great stay and location. Called my friends while I was there for us to book in August!!

Date of stay: June 2015
Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank karendH7222WU
vh34, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel Harrisburg Hershey, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2015

Dear Valued Guest,

We appreciate the feedback of your recent stay with us. It’s awesome to read you had a wonderful experience as a result of our fantastic amenities and friendly service. These attributes continue to make our valued guests very happy, and offer enjoyment and relaxation unmatched in the Harrisburg/Hershey area - #guaranteed.

Thank you for your business. We look forward to accommodating you and your friends soon.

Reviewed August 10, 2015 via mobile

I had an issue with receiving the wrong room. I spoke to Randy and he was such a great help. He had such a great personality and made everything beyond perfect. I highly recommend this establishment to anyone. The hotel and staff are amazing. If you're staying in Harrisburg, this is the place to stay!

Date of stay: August 2015
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank CalvinS531
vh34, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel Harrisburg Hershey, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2015

Dear Calvin,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay with us. We appreciate the feedback from our customers, as it offers us valuable insight on their experience, which we always want to be great. My apologies again for assigning you initially to the wrong guest room. I am grateful you gave us the opportunity to correct it to the level of satisfaction that exceeded your expectations.

Thank you for selecting us as your lodging choice during your recent visit to the Harrisburg/Hershey area. We look forward to serving you again in the near future.

Reviewed August 10, 2015

My family and I have been coming here for years, when it was still the Holiday Inn. Ownership might have changed, but the staff and environment is just as amazing. The manager Randy is always accessible to handle anything and everything and is extremely accommodating. There is a large outdoor pool and a fun playground for younger kids to run around, which my daughter loves. The restaurant is great, especially for a buffet breakfast, and there's an arcade and game room to enjoy. The hotel is within a great distance of Hershey Park and plenty of other attractions. This hotel is a definite must when coming to Harrisburg!

Room tip: poolside rooms are great to sit outside and enjoy a cup of coffee or breakfast
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
3  Thank Mariana K

Dear Mariana,

Thank you for offering us feedback of your most recent stay with us. Your business and loyalty as noted by your annual visits with us is much appreciated. Our brand change to Red Lion did not change our passion and commitment towards our best-in-class service standards - #unmatched. We want nothing but the absolute best for you and every guest we accommodate - #guaranteed. We are thrilled you and your family continue to find great pleasure with all the wonderful amenities we offer - #smiles.

Thank you for your business and recommendation to future travelers.

Kind regards,