Lowest prices for your stay
Official Site
$89
Free cancellation until 12/12/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
$100
Expedia.com$100
Priceline$100
getaroom.com$118
3,054 results
All reviews randy stuart ping pong the general manager outdoor pool game room hershey park hot tub the entire staff basketball court the hotel manager home away from home soccer tournament love this hotel staying at this hotel playground dawn conference
Selected filters
Reviewed July 30, 2015

The lack of working ice machines was inconvenient, and the hallway carpets need some serious cleaning/updating. However, the rooms were nice and spacious, the price was right, and the two pools (especially the massive outdoor one) were impressive, as was fitness center. Staff was courteous and helpful. I will stay here again.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
2  Thank flyingbarrister
vh34, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel Harrisburg Hershey, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2015

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you writing a review of your recent experience with us. I am sorry to read of the inconvenience caused by the ice machine not working – my apologies. We made the necessary repairs and all machines are working to the highest efficiency possible. We also put signs up for guests who want to fill their coolers, asking them to call the guest services desk and we will deliver bags ice to your guest room. We are continuously cleaning the hallway carpets and must do a better job of minimizing stains daily.

We are happy you found our guest rooms comfortable and inviting - #smiles. Our awesome amenities continue to offer refreshing enjoyment and pleasure that cannot be found anywhere in the Harrisburg/Hershey market - #value.

We are grateful for your business and look forward to accommodating you again in the future.

Best regards,

Reviewed July 29, 2015

I was not impressed by this hotel. For the price, I expected more. The carpets, especially in the hallways, were really aged and worn. Also, when we arrived around 10 pm, we had to wait about 20 minutes to be checked in. After driving for 4 hours with two children in the car, that is the not the type of reception I wanted. The breakfast was a good value, though not included in the cost of the hotel. This hotel says it's the friendliest hotel in the world, but I just wasn't feeling it. Sorry. :(

1  Thank Denise P
vh34, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel Harrisburg Hershey, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2015

Dear Valued Guest,

On behalf of the entire team at the Red Lion Hotel Harrisburg East, I would like to offer my sincere apologies for your overall impression of our accommodations and service. Meeting the expectations of our valued guests is extremely important to us and something we strive to achieve 24/7. Customer service is priority #1 and has long been a hallmark of our property. Clearly this was not the case with your experience – again my apologies. Waiting 20 minutes to check-in is unacceptable and will be reviewed in manner that will improve the efficiency during the evening hours. Hallway carpets are continuously deep cleaned and will be replaced in various stages over the next year.

I left you a message today in an effort to share my passion towards earning back your trust and confidence in our property. I hope to speak with you soon.

Reviewed July 27, 2015

My family stayed here for a night. The staffs are very nice and friendly. Lobby is very bright. Cafe also is great. The best is the swimming pools (Indoor and outdoor). My daughter loves it. Only thing is the hotel is relative old and some point remodeling is recommended.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank zhijun w
vh34, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel Harrisburg Hershey, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2015

Dear Valued Guest,

We appreciate your business and review of your recent stay with us. We value the feedback from our guests and are grateful when our friendly service and awesome amenities shined above all else - #smiles. We are happy your daughter loved our swimming pools. Plans to renovate are underway in our lounge and will continue throughout various areas in the property over the next year.

Thank you for your business. We hope to have you back again soon.

Thanks,

Reviewed July 27, 2015 via mobile

We just got back from staying at the Red Lion. I was very impressed with our stay. The rooms are very nice, just like the pictures on their web site. The staff was great met the Manager Randy as soon as I went to check in they were all so helpful. As some other reviews said some of the hotel needs some updating, like the hallway carpets but since, Red Lion just took over I'm sure they will be Changing all this. The pool areas where really nice. They just could use some more chairs and tables by the outdoor pool. The only thing that happened I asked for a fridge in the room on my reservation, and they said it was either in the room or on the way, it never arrived. I never told the front desk because it really wasn't a big deal. This is my new hotel for our annual trip Hershey. And since I have told all my friends that went with us and stayed at other hotels in the area, I know we are going to have a big group with us. I just want to say Thank you to Randy and his staff for a great stay, and see you next year!

Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Debbyiac

Dear Valued Guest,

We are grateful for your time and courtesies in writing a review on our behalf. We are passionate about our commitment to service excellence and thrilled that you took the time to share it with us and future guests looking for the same type of experience. The Red Lion Hotel Harrisburg East guest experience is all about providing you with superior service and comfortable accommodations throughout your entire visit. My apologies for not having your refrigerator in your room upon arrival. I will personally deliver it to your room next time - #promise.

Thanks again for your kind words – much appreciated. We are happy to know you will be staying with us during your annual visits to Hershey, and that you will bring all your friends - #grateful. Contact me directly and I will make sure your rooms are close together.

Best regards,

Reviewed July 27, 2015

The Red Lion Hotel is a new name for an old place. It was formerly the Holiday Inn Harrisburg East. It has a LOT of amenities that are great for families especially if you are staying a couple of days. It has nice indoor and outdoor pools, a playground, basketball and volleyball courts, and arcade, etc. The location is great....it's close to the airport, the turnpike, major roads, downtown Harrisburg, and Hershey Park. It's easy to find with many restaurants and attractions nearby, plus a restaurant and lounge on-site. They have several meeting rooms so it's great for conferences, receptions, and gatherings.

The rooms are clean and comfortable but definitely need some updates. I liked that there were plenty of convenient outlets in the room to plug in the computer and chargers. The hallways are very long and could use new carpeting. We had a room that was a very long distance from the elevator and around a few turns. A long way to go with kids or if you are elderly. If you book ahead, ask for a room closer to the elevator if you don't want to walk that far. The staff is friendly and helpful but I tried to call the front desk after midnight on a Saturday and it took about 15 minutes for someone to pick up. There were still lots of people in the lobby since it has a bar and a restaurant right there. The lobby was very plain. I hope they are planning some renovations and updates to make it more inviting. They also need to have better signs in the lobby to let you know where meeting rooms, elevators, restaurant, and the amenities are located.

The price was a bit expensive but you can get better deals if you book on-line. We were just passing through and paid a bit more than expected.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank patriciac543

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We value your feedback and are pleased to read our location was ideal for your needs and that you found your guest room to be clean and comfortable. Our property is designed for your complete comfort and enjoyment – location, amenities and service continue to rate very high for our guests. My apologies for the inconvenience caused by the extended period of time in answering the phone at the front desk. I will be sure to remind our staff of the urgency needed in answering the phone. I will also revisit the lobby signage to see where we can improve the overall visibility. Renovation plans underway and will start in the lounge area within the next couple months.

Thank you for selecting us as your lodging choice. We hope to have another opportunity to serve you again should your travels bring you back to the area.