“Great Service”

Red Lion Hotel Harrisburg Hershey
Ranked #3 of 51 Hotels in Harrisburg
Reviewed December 13, 2013

this is the best hotel ive evre stayed in everyone was kind and generoues greg and mick be hind the front desk all the managers were awesome to me i was here on buss for 5 days and they all helped me with everything i needed. I would highly recomend this hotel to anyone coming through harrisburg .

Room Tip: all these rooms seemed great
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Randy S, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel Harrisburg Hershey, responded to this reviewResponded December 14, 2013

Dear John,

Thanks for providing us feedback of your recent stay with us – much appreciated. Greg and Mick have “It” when it comes to outstanding customer service 24/7. We’re happy you stayed with us during your visit to Harrisburg, and thrilled our service and accommodations exceeded your expectations – goal accomplished.

Happy Holidays,

Randall J. Stuart, CHA, CHME

Write a ReviewReviews (2,056)

Reviewed December 12, 2013

I have been traveling and staying at this hotel for over 10 years. The staff are the best in Pennsylvania. They will accomodate you as best as they can. I have never had one prpoblem with the hotel or it's staff.

Sometimes there are children's events that occur there and it may seem a little crowded , as in the weekend I was there. HOwever, there is not children's event that shouldn't have enough chaperones, per # of children to maintain saefty and respect of the property. I have noticed at several children's events that the children are running around but I see no chaperones. THis is not the hotel's fault but some reviews will dislike the hotel because of something that is not in their control. I can't stand these kinds of reviews of always placing the blame.

The rooms for the most part are functional and very comfortable. Cosmetically there are some flaws, dents and dings (usually made by guests banging their luggae off the wall). If the hotel had to keep maintenance on all of that on a daily basis, when would they get the time to serve their customers. You'd also have to start complaining about the smell of plaster. Geeze!

I love this hotel and it's employees. It's like being at home except you don't have to clean or cook. I always recommend the Holiday Inn East in Harrisburg, It is literally, your home away from home.

Room Tip: If you're a smoker, poolside is where you want to be. If not, any place is a good place to be.

Dear DevastatingDR,

Thank you for providing us and the TripAdvisor community a perspective from your experience with us over the last 10 years on how much we care about our guests. The passion and work ethic our Team has towards accommodating and serving our valued guests 24/7 is something we take tremendous pride in. We realize opportunities (concern areas) will occur from time to time, we call them “Defining Moments” – an opportunity to make it right whenever possible! We want and own every opportunity to improve if given the chance. Immediate feedback from our guests will only further our mission towards Service Excellence. We take full responsibility for any negative experience our guests might have, and promise to provide them with the expectations and trust they had when selecting us as their lodging choice.

Regarding your room tip – our hotel is completely smoke free. Smoking is only permitted outside in designated areas.

We value your business and loyalty – and wish you a wonderful Holiday and prosperous New Year.

Reviewed December 11, 2013

On Tuesday, December 10, 2013, we enjoyed a pleasant buffet lunch here. We were impressed by the cheerful, friendly demeanor of all the Holiday staff members with whom we came into contact.
We were especially impressed with two servers who made our lunch experience so enjoyable. Their names were Missy and Beckie. These two young women set a high bar for others to emulate.
Looking forward to our next visit to the dining room.
Marilyn and Skip Perry

Room Tip: We were not staying at the hotel - just dining. We are local.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 11, 2013

I was staying at the Holiday Inn for a work related trip. For convenience, I thought I would eat in the hotel at the restaurant for breakfast and we had arranged to have lunches pre-ordered and delivered to our meeting room. Well, that was a great choice. The food was good and prices great! One employee in particular stands out as going above and beyond to make my stay very enjoyable. Becki, is excellent at what she does. She aims to please and goes above and beyond to make that happen. Any request that was made of her, was met with a smile and a "no problem" attitude. She was truly a pleasure to work with. Thank you Holiday Inn Staff for a great experience!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Randy S, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel Harrisburg Hershey, responded to this reviewResponded December 15, 2013

Dear Sharon,

Thank you for expressing your complete satisfaction with the service and accommodations we provided you. Your feedback is much appreciated, and will be shared with the entire staff, which I know will make them very happy. We strive to deliver an experience our guests will remember, and write about, so future travelers can have confidence in our service and full-service amenities. I will be sure to acknowledge Becki and the Food and Beverage Team for making your stay great.

Thank you for selecting us as your lodging choice. We wish you a Happy Holiday and prosperous New Year!

Kind regards,

Reviewed December 4, 2013

I had a fantastic experience at this hotel. Mary B. Was the definition of an excellent employee. She offered me excellent advice on surrounding attractions. The hotel was clean and services were exemplary.

• Stayed: December 2013
Randy S, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel Harrisburg Hershey, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2013

Dear Italian42,

Thank you for writing about your stay with us. We like hearing fantastic, excellent and exemplary when a valued guest writes about their experience with us. We’re committed to doing whatever it takes to ensure your visit is exceptional throughout your entire stay, and we stand behind our commitment - it’s all part of our Hospitality Promise! I couldn’t agree with you more regarding your comments about Mary. She truly does a fantastic job at serving our guests, and consistently receives high marks for her service – thank you.

We appreciate your business and hope to see you again soon.

Happy Holidays,

Reviewed December 4, 2013

My two close friends came to visit me last June for my wedding, and I stayed here with them for almost the entirety of their trip. They requested their room be switched right away because it smelled noticeably of smoke despite being a non-smoking room. But the new room was much better. No frills but clean, cozy beds, TV, and hot showers. We spent lots of time just hanging out at the hotel. There is a small bar downstairs where you can mingle in the evenings. From what I understand this is a popular spot for HIA pilots and flight crew. There was also some kind of Fed Ex conference going on at the time my friends were staying. So we enjoyed sitting and drinking with folks from all over the US. The drinks at the bar were super pricy so one afternoon we stocked up on liquor and made drinks in the room to take down to the bar (tacky, I know, but $7 a beer is a bit steep, no?). Although it was summer it was dreary and cold all week so we couldn't use the big outdoor resort-style pool. We did however have a nice soak in the outdoor hot tub. The staff was one of the highlights of the hotel. Always helpful and friendly. Neither my friends nor I were impressed by the lukewarm buffet breakfast, though. I opted to make coffee in the room and call it a meal. Overall this is a nice place, nothing fancy but certainly met our needs and then some!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Lara,

Your time and courtesies in writing a review about your stay with us is much appreciated – thank you. We value the feedback from our guests, as we strive to meet their every expectation 24/7. My apologies for the smoke odor in your friends initial guest room. The entire hotel is non-smoking – it’s unfortunate another guest caused the odor. We should have identified this when we inspected and prepared it as “inviting ready”. We are also sorry to learn our breakfast buffet was lukewarm during your visit. I will discuss your comments with the restaurant staff to ensure they check the temperatures regularly.

Thank you for acknowledging the friendly service provided by our staff. We’re passionate about delivering great service and work hard to ensure your stay is the best Harrisburg has to offer.

We appreciate your business.

Reviewed December 2, 2013

We usually come down here in the Spring & Summer, but we were in need to get away so we decided on a last minute to go back and return for a surprise Holiday visit to Our Home Away From Home!! Randy and his staff made accommodations readily available for our arrival. We were once again welcomed with kindness, and warmth. Our rooms were very clean as they always are & the Lobby was bright and clean. Although, this was a very busy weekend I had the pleasure of seeing many of the staff memebers in the different areas of the hotel doing their job, and going above and beyond to help every guest with their needs. My family and I once again would like to give a big THANK YOU to RANDY & THE HOLIDAY INN HARRISBURG EAST STAFF....AMBER,CORRINE,ZAC,TERRENCE,KESLIE,ASHLEY,JAMIAH,JAMIE for another great & enjoyable stay!!!!!! We would reccommend this Holiday Inn to family & friends whether it be for an overnight stay,weekend or vacation. They would be very satisfied. The Casey Family

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Randy S, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel Harrisburg Hershey, responded to this reviewResponded December 7, 2013

Dear Allison,

Once again, thank you for taking the time to write a review about your family’s most recent stay with us. Our passion for accommodating and serving our guests is something we take tremendous pride in, and we’re committed to doing it 24/7. Our goals are clearly defined, every guest is priority #1, and we will not settle for anything less than 100% Guest Satisfaction. We are thrilled when a valued customer such as you continues to stay with us and acknowledge the efforts of so many team members – they’re all Shining Stars!

The Holiday Inn Harrisburg East wishes you and your family a Happy Holiday and a prosperous New Year!