Red Lion Hotel Harrisburg Hershey
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Harrisburg Hotel(Harrisburg)
View Hotel
Sleep Inn & Suites(Harrisburg)
Rodeway Inn(Harrisburg)
Econo Lodge(Harrisburg)
2,137 results
All reviewsthe holiday innrandy stuartping pongfront deskthe general manageroutdoor poolhershey parkhot tubthe entire staffhome away from homehotel staffbusiness tripplaygrounddawnterranceamberconference
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 15, 2013

My family has been staying at this hotel every summer since 2008 when we go to Hershey. The facilities always kept clean and the staff are friendly and helpful. My children feel safe running around from the pool to the game room or the playground. My wife and I have never had any problems letting them roam somewhat away from us and they are now only 10 years old. The staff led by general manager Randy Stuart have bent over backwards to make our stay there a great experience. Randy took such great care of my family this past summer that it feels more like we are with family and not in a hotel. I've recommended this hotel to so many friends and I know they have enjoyed their time there as well.

Room Tip: Rooms on ther pool side are great in the summer time
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Randy S, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel Harrisburg Hershey, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2013

Dear John,

Thank you for expressing your complete satisfaction with the service and accommodations we consistently provide you and your family. Clean, fun, friendly and safe are attributes we strive to deliver every single day for our valued guests, and we’re thrilled your experience over the last 5 years has been great. We will never stop doing “whatever it takes” to make sure the experience, and value received, is nothing but the absolute best for all our guests.

Thank you for posting such a positive review – we truly appreciate it. And most importantly, thank you for your business!

Reviewed September 13, 2013

I have attended dinner meetings at this hotel for a number of years and it's always been very good. However, our server last night was absolutely the best. Mike went above and beyond to provide excellent service. Thanks!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Randy S, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel Harrisburg Hershey, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2013

Dear Travellady359,

We appreciate your time and courtesies in writing a review of recent dinner meeting with us – thank you! We’re all smiles when a loyal customer recognizes our efforts in delivering good service, and are thrilled when a team member is applauded for their commitment to service excellence as Mike was. I will be sure to let him know of your complete satisfaction.

Thanks again for your kind words.

Reviewed September 10, 2013

I recently stayed at this hotel while attending a softball tournament of my niece. My nephew, who is 12, has a form of autism. Some of the other guests children were saying rude and mean things to him when Manager Randy happened to be in the pool area. Randy made my nephew feel as though he was the most important child in the world. My family will never forget the kindness shown to him in this type of situation. We are forever grateful to Randy and think he is the best manager of any place we have ever stayed. Whatever you pay him is not enough!!!!~

Dear CarolH302,

Thank you for staying with us. My apologies for the unfortunate incident with your nephew and the other children – we’re absolutely thrilled he is doing well. We hope to see him again in the near future and wish your niece nothing but the best in her softball career.

Your business is much appreciated.

Reviewed September 9, 2013 via mobile

This was our 2nd stay at this Hotel this summer~We love all of the amenities, gracious staff, comfy rooms, great dining, etc! Our 1st stay we did a lot of sightseeing at nearby Hershey (Hershey Park for 2 full days), Lancaster and Gettysburg. We always looked forward to coming back to the Hotel and relaxing!

The pool is the best by far in the area~huge outdoor, great indoor, hot tub. Lounge chairs were plentiful; umbrella'd tables were available. You did need to secure a table by 1pm though. General Manager, Randy, was frequently assisting by bringing out more umbrellas and tables for guests! He made us feel so Welcome to be Guests. Scott also worked very hard providing wonderful friendly service~bringing out towels, game equipment, balls (for the kids to use).

From the moment we checked in at the Hotel's Bright Clean Lobby with Welcoming Front Desk Staff, we knew we chose the Perfect Hotel for all of our needs! We definitely will return again!

Our 3 day Mini Return Vacation was just to relax and dine at the Resort~no need to leave this Resort!

• Stayed: August 2013

Dear MaryAnn27127,

Thank you for writing such a positive review regarding your recent stay with us – much appreciated. Our amenities, service and location are consistently well received by our guests, and something we take great pride in offering. Making your stay a complete success is our #1 priority - we focus on delivering it every day. Thanks for letting us know we accomplished our goal with your visit – all smiles from Team Holiday Inn Harrisburg East.

We are happy you continue to select us as your vacation spot when visiting the Harrisburg/Hershey area and look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed September 9, 2013

I had amazing time staying at Holiday Inn in Harrisburg ! Lovely staff great service and the best accommodations is having an outdoor and the indoor pool. Which closed at eleven pm so that make it even more awesome def when your kids isn't ready for bed. I highly recommend getting the pool side room , I was glad that I did . It's about 15-20 mins away from Hershey Park , it wasn't a bad drive . Plenty of near by restaurants and fast food . Also there's a shopping center across a street wheres they target and food.Although don't bother showing up before check in time because the rooms aren't ready on a sunday . Also I thought the bed were too hard and uncomfortable. The hotel is just missing a swim up bar or just a bar by the pool side .I will def stay again and recommend.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Randy S, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel Harrisburg Hershey, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2013

Dear Cristal,

Thank you for writing a review on TripAdvisor about your recent stay with us. We value the feedback we receive from our guests, as it offers us insight on the service and accommodations we provide. Your amazing stay is all part of our “whatever it takes” approach to delivering a great experience for every guest. We are happy you and your family were able to enjoy all the amenities we offer, and that your patio poolside room was a big hit – great room tip too!

I’m sorry to read we couldn’t check you in upon arrival, and that your bed was uncomfortable. It there is an opportunity to speak with you off-line, please let me know. I would be very interested in learning your room number, so I can inspect the room. I can be reached at – rstuart@hiharrisburg.com.

Thank you for staying with us. We look forward to serving you again, and promise to check you in upon arrival – guaranteed.