“Great place to relax and be taken care of”

Red Lion Hotel Harrisburg Hershey
Ranked #3 of 50 Hotels in Harrisburg
Leesport, Pennsylvania
“Great place to relax and be taken care of”
Reviewed June 28, 2013

I just got home from a mini vacation and session at this Hotel. I was there from Saturday until Thursday. If I requested something I was taken care of within a ashort period of time. I was having computer problems and it just happened that the Asst. Banquet overheard me and within minutes he had both of my computers and a printer up and running.
We had many special requests from our members on food and all were taken care of
On a great note when I got home yesterday, I did not have my cell phone and I call the hotel and once again only a few minutes when by and they found my phone. It is on the way to my home, thanks to everyone. They really know how to take care of you even if it is for only one day

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (398)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed June 28, 2013

We have stayed at this hotel two years in a row and I am going back there. Mick at the front desk was so welcoming and helped us with everything we needed. Pool is awesome and hotel is very clean. Great hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a balcony
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed June 27, 2013

I have been traveling for 25 years. Stayed in hundreds of Hotels, Motels, and Lodges. When I checked in it was a normal ( for me ) jump to a hotel and hope they have rooms available. I was told they had a room but it wasn't clean yet. No problem for me Ill just eat. They Restaurant manager said " Ill make whatever you like right now if you like. I thought " WOW that's a first!" As soon as I walked in Dirty from work and very tired everyone who worked at this hotel stopped everything they where doing just to help. I had a ( for lack of a better word" perfect steak. The waitress went above and beyond to insure my meal was great. Even during the meal the cleaning manager stopped to ensure me that by the time I was done with my meal my room will be ready. The front desk, Restaurant staff and All the managers went above and beyond to help everyone. The only problem I found was the room itself. Very outdated and the keycard reader was a little iffy. The staff made up for the room. If this hotel was to update I'm sure that they would have to turn people away just for the fact they where sold out in advance. To the staff "OUTSTANDING!"

Room Tip: Bring ear plugs for the A/C unit for sure.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Hyattsville, Maryland
Reviewed June 27, 2013

I commend Vcitor Ortizr for his willing to accomdate my group when we visited the hotel in February. There were many guest, however the staff still made sure my request were completed. Every year I will Chose this hotel, mainly because of the excellent treatment I received from the staff.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Fort Belvoir, Virginia
Reviewed June 26, 2013

Staff and customer service was great. They all seemed happy to help customers any way they could- never saw any of them not smiling. That's not something you see everywhere, and is a testament to good management. The main problem I found centered on the room itself. I knew this upon swiping my key in the room door, which had about a dozen or so coats of paint- reminded me of my old Elementary School. The room appeared stuck somewhere in the past 20 years. You can't modernize a hotel room by switching out a couple pieces of furniture and adding a small LCD TV. The rack room rates are pretty steep for what the room is. There's a nice military discount available, which helped bring the nightly rate down to reality.

Tip: If you're a light sleeper, bring ear plugs. If you like background noise, you're in luck. When the A/C unit fires up, it sounds like a Lockheed C-130 Hercules (that's an Airplane). Being a former Paratrooper, I appreciate that familiar sound and can sleep like a baby. But those of you that don't like a lot of noise might have some issues falling asleep.

1 Thank stevepilamb
Randy S, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel Harrisburg Hershey, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
Dear Stevepilamb,

Thank you for providing us with feedback of your recent stay with us. We strive to deliver great service and comfortable accommodations to our valued guests every day. We are happy to read our staff provided such service – your acknowledgement of their commitment is much appreciated.

We are sorry to learn you found your guestroom average. We work extremely hard at maintaining each and every guestroom, as we understand the importance of an inviting ready room. We consistently evaluate opportunities to improve and will do so with your feedback. Since I was unable to meet you prior to departure, I will meet with the management team to determine which room had the loud PTAC unit and immediately replace it.

Thank you for your business, and most importantly, serving our country.

Randall J. Stuart, CHA, CHME
Scranton, Pennsylvania
Reviewed June 26, 2013

We have been holding our annual meeting at the hotel for the last three years. The entire staff is extremely helpful, knowledgeable and courteous. The restaurant provides good food at a reasonable price. The rooms are clean and spacious and the ammenities are wonderful. Love the pool! Spending a week at a place gives you a pretty good perspective of a hotel. This one is first rate. We'll be back again next year.

Room Tip: The rooms facing the outdoor pool have patios or balconies and provide a great view. Not really a no...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Steelton
Reviewed June 25, 2013

Our family spent the weekend there.Everyone from the people in housekeeping to the GM went out of their way to make us feel welcome.The outside pool was big and very clean.It was like being in a resort.Thanks again HI .We will definitely be back.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Randy S, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel Harrisburg Hershey, responded to this review, June 29, 2013
Dear Goldenbear14,

We appreciate your business and review of your experience with us. We are thrilled to know what a difference our staff made with your visit, and happy our service and amenities will bring you and your family back. Our team is committed to delivering the type of service you received to all our guests, and we stand behind this commitment 24/7.

Thank you for staying with us.

Randall J. Stuart, CHA, CHME