“This Hotel Is Great For An Extended Stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Red Lion Hotel Harrisburg Hershey

Red Lion Hotel Harrisburg Hershey
Ranked #3 of 50 Hotels in Harrisburg
New York
“This Hotel Is Great For An Extended Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

I've have the opportunity to stay at any hotel when I travel, but when I visit Harrisburg each month, I choose to stay at this Holiday Inn. The staff is MOST attentive to the guests needs and it seems like everyone enjoys their job. In Harrisburg, this hotel is perfect for an extended stay. It is roomy, spread out and you don't feel like you are crowded at all. The restaurant is awesome as well. Wow. That just sounded like a commercial, but it's true. I did have one small issue with internet connectivity and it turns out it was a bad router, or switch, which was taken care of promptly. The manager called me at home a few days later to apologize for the inconvenience it may have caused. That impressed me that he was so in tune with his hotel and wanted to make it right. It also suggested he takes his job and hotel seriously enough to go through any customer problems and make certain they were addressed properly. I understand that not everyone can be satisfied and some customers may have little or no patience when they are the customer and ultimately make a bad review, or not revisit, but this hotel definitely cares about the needs of their guests. My first choice of hotels is this one.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
vh34, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel Harrisburg Hershey, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
We are thrilled to hear how much you enjoy your monthly visits, and appreciate your review. Without question, our #1 goal is to ensure our customers are completely satisfied when they stay with us. We realize there are several lodging options in the Harrisburg area, and we’re grateful you continue to select us. Thank you for your patience and understanding while we worked to fix the internet.

We look forward to return visit.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (329)
Central New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

My wife and I stayed here to escape the effects of Sandy and were very pleasantly surprised. The building is somewhat on the "mature" side but the rooms were quit large and provided more than the normal comforts. It was great to walk around and not trip over each other. The staff was wonderful. When we got here, the wireless internet wasn't working so I call the front desk. They sent Darryl who immediately started to work on a fix. When he found the problem was more widespread, he called in his boss, Carlos, and together they worked almost eight hours to get it up and running. It's been great ever since. Our problem was given immediate attention and obviously taken seriously. Corinne was also great at the front desk. We had to add some dates to our original reservation and she juggled things to make sure we were accommodated. Randall Stuart, the General Manager, also expressed a personal interest in our comfort and that all our needs were taken care of. I took advantage of the fitness room which was fine with CV equipment and free weights. There is also an indoor heated swimming pool which made me wish I had brought my bathing suit.

Room Tip: For wireless internet users, I'm not aware of any "dead" zones but it might help to re...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We stayed at the Holiday Inn East in October. Our stay was great! The staff was very friendly and met all of our accomodations. We are planning another trip in the future and my wife and I were pleased with the stay and will probably stay here again with our boys.

Room Tip: If you need to a crib, you should bring your own pack and play. We used a crib there (and it was fre...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012 via mobile

First i want to give shout outs to Mick at the front desk who provided the friendliest service i have ever received at a hotel. Also to Rebecca in the hotel restaurant who made breakfast enjoyable even on days i would have rather been in bed.

That being said, i was no impressed with the cleanliness of the hotel. Rooms were barely cleaned each day. The bed gets made and you get clean towels... don't expect much more than that.
Trash could be found in the closet and under the beds and some mold can be found in the shower. Management is definitely not checking to ensure the rooms are being cleaned properly. Carpets in the hallways and meeting rooms need to be replaced as they are disgustingly dirty.

My largest complaint was the fact that there was no fridge or microwave in my room a few stays and the front desk tells me that its another $10 a day for a microwave and fridge. Seriously?

I recommend the hotel for convenience, service and location but they need to step up their game on cleanliness.

• Stayed October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 5 of 5 stars
vh34, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel Harrisburg Hershey, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Thank you for your stay and providing us feedback. We are pleased you liked the service offered by Mick and Rebecca, which I will be sure to share with them. We take our guests comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We’re sorry you were not satisfied with cleanliness of your room and the condition of our carpets. I will address your comments with the housekeeping department to ensure stay-over rooms are cleaned to standards – my apologies. We will continue to shampoo the hallway and meeting room carpets until capital funding is approved for replacement.

Thank you for the recommendation, and most importantly, the opportunity to improve.
Allentown, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

I stayed in the hotel for eight weeks durring a Training acadamy and was satisfied with the accomodations. However, the staff I believe went above and beyond in terms of customer service. They were all very friendly and were willing to assist me when I had a question or concern. There were several who realy stood but I was only able to get the names of three of them before I left; Nick and Terrence at the front desk and Abdul in Houskeeping, like I said there were many who stood out, but I did not get their names.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Salisbury, Maryland, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

We were in town for an event at the Hershey Park area and our group reserved a block of rooms. The price was typical for the type of hotel. When I checked in, I was given a room upgrade without asking thanks to my reward points status. The agent at check-in could not have been more welcoming. We stayed on the 5th floor in a junior suite. This room was as big as my first apartment! The room was clean, comfortable, and functional while the dacor dated. The property has a functional indoor pool, outdoor for summer use and a year round outdoor spa, all close at 11 PM. The restaurant has a goo reputation, but we did not have an opportunity to eat there. Saturday night hey feature crab legs/prime rib buffet. This hotel is pet friendly.

Room Tip: Be sure you have a rewards card, mention it at check in. If you are a gold or above at another prope...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank alfeg87
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

During 2011, a soccer tournament/convention was scheduled to stay at the hotel. There was concern of bed bugs. Before the teams arrived, management inspected every room to ensure it was safe. Then, Randy Stuart even called me post my stay to check on the accommodations! "Outstanding Service" by him and his team!!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 5 of 5 stars
vh34, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel Harrisburg Hershey, responded to this review, November 3, 2012
Thank you for having the confidence and trust in us about how serious we take bed bugs. We are safe property and take every step possible to ensure our guests feel comfortable and worry free while staying with us. We will never waver in our commitment to a welcoming environment, and encourage any arriving guest who has questions to contacts me directly.

We look forward to maintaining your loyalty and hope to see you again in the future.