“PA State Training” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 50 Hotels in Harrisburg
Allentown, Pennsylvania, United States
“PA State Training”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2012

I stayed in the hotel for eight weeks durring a Training acadamy and was satisfied with the accomodations. However, the staff I believe went above and beyond in terms of customer service. They were all very friendly and were willing to assist me when I had a question or concern. There were several who realy stood but I was only able to get the names of three of them before I left; Nick and Terrence at the front desk and Abdul in Houskeeping, like I said there were many who stood out, but I did not get their names.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (369)
Salisbury, Maryland, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2012

We were in town for an event at the Hershey Park area and our group reserved a block of rooms. The price was typical for the type of hotel. When I checked in, I was given a room upgrade without asking thanks to my reward points status. The agent at check-in could not have been more welcoming. We stayed on the 5th floor in a junior suite. This room was as big as my first apartment! The room was clean, comfortable, and functional while the dacor dated. The property has a functional indoor pool, outdoor for summer use and a year round outdoor spa, all close at 11 PM. The restaurant has a goo reputation, but we did not have an opportunity to eat there. Saturday night hey feature crab legs/prime rib buffet. This hotel is pet friendly.

Room Tip: Be sure you have a rewards card, mention it at check in. If you are a gold or above at another prope...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank alfeg87
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2012

During 2011, a soccer tournament/convention was scheduled to stay at the hotel. There was concern of bed bugs. Before the teams arrived, management inspected every room to ensure it was safe. Then, Randy Stuart even called me post my stay to check on the accommodations! "Outstanding Service" by him and his team!!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
vh34, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel Harrisburg Hershey, responded to this review, November 3, 2012
Thank you for having the confidence and trust in us about how serious we take bed bugs. We are safe property and take every step possible to ensure our guests feel comfortable and worry free while staying with us. We will never waver in our commitment to a welcoming environment, and encourage any arriving guest who has questions to contacts me directly.

We look forward to maintaining your loyalty and hope to see you again in the future.
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2012

Although the building and common areas are somewhat dated, the rooms are absolutely fine. They have done furnishing updates. The staff and management were very accommodating and even found a great place for my daughter to practice her flute during our stay. The restaurant staff was also very helpful and found a place for our group of 20 to share a meal together at a moments notice. Our group also enjoyed the use of the pool and spa area and it was well maintained. Is this a shiny new hotel? No it isn't, but it is a great place to stay for the money in the Harrisburg area, with great highway access and a Supertarget with a Starbucks just across the street.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to let us know how much you enjoyed your recent visit with us. We’re delighted to read you were happy with the service and accommodations we provided. Our convenient highway access, fun amenities and location to area shopping are a big hit with our customers, and we’re glad you were able to take advantage of them. Our team is very proud of our property, and while we realize we’re not brand new, we’ll never let that interfere with our #1 priority – great customer service!

Thank you for letting us provide you and your group with a great experience!
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2012 via mobile

Carpet throughout (halls, rooms, conference rooms) so old and stained it gave me the willies. Maid service changed my sheets and towels. Ut never cleaned sink or tub (soap spots from morning still there). Sink was gurgling and rising - asked front desk to fix it in morning. That night gurgling so loud it woke me up @November 12:30 am and sewage was rising in sink. Called front desk who wasn't sure why it hadn't been fixed and had to change rooms @November 1:00 am. Half of lights in new room did not work and mattress was sagging big time.
Be afraid of thins hotel - avoid @Des all costs.

• Stayed October 2012
3 Thank chompiedeans
vh34, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel Harrisburg Hershey, responded to this review, October 27, 2012
Our sincere apologies for the recent experience you had with us. Cleanliness and condition is something we take great pride in and we’re extremely disappointed to learn of what occurred during your visit. Responding to guests needs is another area we usually excel in, so I will address the specifics of your claim in detail with the appropriate departments immediately to ensure we maintain our high standards of service and satisfaction.

You referenced November twice in your review - I would greatly appreciate hearing from you to understand more details about your visit, and how we can earn back your confidence to stay with us again in the future.
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2012

My family lives in the area and we frequent this hotel's restaurants on a regular basis. The sunday brunch buffet is scrumptious. Last night we took friends to the Seasons restaurant for their crab leg and prime rib buffet. It was an awesome night. The staff was friendly, the food was fabulous and the manager answered all of our questions. My friends loved it and cant wait to go again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Newark, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2012

This was my second stay at this hotel and I found it just as nice as the first. The breakfast buffett was actually better the 2nd time - I understand it had a "makeover" since my first visit back in July - definitely worth the price!

I love the outside pool area - it looks so nice!

The only issue I had was with the ice machine on my floor. It wasn't working but I used the phone located in the hallway near the machines and called the front desk. They said they'd bring some to my room and in just a few minutes I had more ice than I needed!

The rooms are very spacious and comfortable. Beds were clean and comfy too. I like that there is an area to do hair/makeup, etc outside the bathroom w/ a good sized mirror.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
vh34, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel Harrisburg Hershey, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
Thank you for providing us with feedback of your recent stay with us. We’re thrilled to learn you’re a returning customer, and grateful for your business. We appreciate the comments regarding the breakfast buffet, as we’re continuously looking for ways to improve the overall guest experience. You’ll be happy to know we made the necessary repairs to the ice machine – thanks for acknowledging our quick response in providing you with some ice.

We look forward to accommodating you again in the near future.