“Fabulous service great holiday buffet”

Red Lion Hotel Harrisburg Hershey
Ranked #3 of 50 Hotels in Harrisburg
Pittsburgh
“Fabulous service great holiday buffet”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2012

Enjoyed our stay very much. Rooms we used were clean and attractive. Especially enjoyed the Wonderful Mothers Day Buffet. The food was great, the servers attentive and everyone got to eat what they enjoyed the most. I enjoyed the roasted duck, hubby liked the prime rib, and our grandson grazed to his hearts content. The deserts were offered in a beautiful arrangement and I tried several both of which were wonderful. ( lemon layer cake and cheesecake). The hotel plans a special buffet again on Fathers Day and a weekend getaway capped off by a Sunday brunch sounds like a great way to celebrate! We will return!

Room Tip: If you have special needs or preferences, the staff are very accomodating, just ask!
1 Thank Bunnyhopping

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (375)
Seabrook, Maryland, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2012

My sons, Avery Noon and Jamelle Noon work at this hotel and they arranged the best Mother's Day for me. I checked in on Sunday around 3pm, I met the general manager and the reservations manager who were very pleasant. During my stay the staff were very friendly and accomodating. I felt so welcome! My room was very clean and the bed was comfortable. Later that evening, I had one of the best burgers I've ever tasted in their bar area. The Long Island Tea was also great!!!! The next day I had breakfast in the restaurant and Tammy was very welcoming and pleasant. I had the cinnamon french toast which was good. This was my first time staying at this location and I will definitely recommend it to friends and family. I want to thank the staff for helping to make this one of the best Mother's Day ever!

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel on many occasions for work. The rooms are clean and the beds are comfortable. The staff is very friendly and is always helpful. It is close to restaurants and close enough to Downtown. Easy to get to.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
vh34, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel Harrisburg Hershey, responded to this review, May 16, 2012
We appreciate your business and are pleased to hear how much you enjoy our property. We have a great staff whose effort and passion for customer service is outstanding, and on full display 24/7.

Thanks again for your business.
Pittsburgh
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2012

This site has been host to our PSSA testing. I have visited this hotel three times in the past 9 months. Each time the staff was courteous and very accommodating. They are always willing to go above and beyond to ensure satisfaction.

The only reason for not rating them as superior is that the carpeting is in need of replacement.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Beaver, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2012

I recently started a new job and had to stay at this hotel for a few days on business. This hotel was so accommodating to all of the things we required during our stay! I would definitely recommend this hotel in the future! Very clean. Rooms are very comfortable and spacious.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for providing us with feedback regarding your recent stay. We are pleased with the positive experience, and grateful for your business. I will pass along your clean and comfortable comments to our housekeeping team, letting them know how much they made a difference with your visit.

Best of luck with your new job!
Kennesaw, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2012

This was my first stay at this hotel and it was great! I was on a business trip but brought my family along - wife and three teenagers. We had a great time in the pool, the service was great and the hotel breakfast buffet was wonderful!

Mick at the front desk was just awesome! He always had a smile and quickly took care of our every request, to include recommending a Chinese restaurant that delivered and was excellent.

Thanks Mick and thanks Holiday Inn for a great stay!

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2012 via mobile

We are in this hotel for a cheerleadung competition so we have to stay where our team stays, and have 'blocks' of rooms so it makes sense that we were put in the older part of the hotel but given the choice I would have requested a room in the newer part of the center, paid the difference and gotten over it.
The trek from the lobby is a hike, ask for a cart if you have luggage as its not worth getting outta breath for. As you go through the maze like a mouse trying to find the cheese you spot the flaws. Stained and warn hallway carpet, badly scraped and damaged walls and doors, outdated wallpaper and fixtures and the worst coverup job since Bernie Madoff.
With all that said and despite the older hallway charm our room was clean with updated furniture and linens, flat screen TV, coffee maker and ice bucket. Missing of course were some other creature comforts I've become accustomed to such as a micro and mini fridge. I'll live. But upon further inspection I'm left to ponder what I would have gotten for 20 clams more a night? The grounds in front pretty good, out back, stairwells, etc. well lets just say I wouldnt venture beyond the parking lot...in front. Security wise I wouldn't be so quick to say I felt, well secure. Electronic keys to stairwells and other areas were broken and I found many rooms to which I overheard other guests complaining that their keys, door bolts and adjoining room doors were not locking. Yeah that would bother me too. Needless to say I would not leave any valuables out in the room while we were out and about. Not that we would but I stuck everything back in my overnighter like I was ready to pack it in and head home. But I shpuld wrap it up with this little ditty... One of the beds was not secure to the wall/frame so when you sat on the end the entire thing flipped up, it sent the kids flying and into a hysterical fit and me, well I'm just left having a fit. Haha jokes on me.
So just to sum up our room, there were small stains on the bench and a crack in the bathroom sink. Ok now the bathroom although clean it was very dated with a shower curtian that I could have better replaced with one from the dollar store. Bed time looked promsing, beds were soft, linens ok but thats where the romance ends...just dont look up...the stained droped ceiling probably has a story or two to tell wink, wink. But hey my eyes are closed while I'm sleeping there so what the heck right? Oh I forget to mention at least I was comfortable enough to walk on the carpet...with flip flops. Enough said about that.
All in all for the amount of money I spent I would have rather coughed up another couple of bucks and stayed in the newer section and sadly upon my checkin I wasnt even asked if I was a member and for someone who travels for buisness 3-4 times a week I know what to expect from hotel staff. Granted, its clearly a busy weekend as there are hundreds of people here, but 1 question wouldnt have killed him. I could go on but really, check out an alternative place if you can unless you are certain you'll be getting a room in the newest part. Safe travels!

• Stayed May 2012
2 Thank Ogeegirl
vh34, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel Harrisburg Hershey, responded to this review, May 15, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to communicate your concerns regarding your recent stay with us. It’s clear we failed to meet your expectations, and for that, we sincerely apologize. I accept full responsibility for some of the condition items noted, and assure you that we take your constructive feedback very seriously. Your comments have been reviewed with the appropriate departments for immediate attention. The exterior stairwell locks will be tested to ensure only overnight guests will have access.

I would also like to apologize for not asking if you’re a Priority Club member. We appreciate your loyalty to the brand as demonstrated by your membership, and will remind our team to make sure they ask all arriving guests about Priority Club.

I can assure you we are committed to providing a clean, comfortable and safe property that guests will enjoy.