“Rooms were disgusting bugs everywhere.”

Red Lion Hotel Harrisburg Hershey
Ranked #3 of 51 Hotels in Harrisburg
Reviewed September 16, 2011

Hotel was very unclean bugs everywhere. Addresses with staff and excuse wad building is old .NOT ACCEPTABLE

• Stayed: September 2011
1  Thank rde120
RandyStuart, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel Harrisburg Hershey, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2011

Thank you for providing us with feedback regarding your recent stay with us. We greatly appreciate you bringing these matters to our attention. We are also very sorry for any inconvenience these issues may have caused you.

Our pesticide vendor (Ehrlich) visits the property weekly to perform preventive maintenance throughout the entire hotel. I will address your concerns with them and make sure we have not missed any area. I will also address the cleanliness concerns with the housekeeping department to ensure we maintain our high standards of cleanliness.

Your business is very important to us and we hope to have another opportunity to accommodate you in the future.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,035)

Reviewed September 14, 2011

I travel a lot (2-3 nights a week). So, I work from my room in the evenings so I often order room service. Jerry was like having my own waiter in my room. He made a special effort to make sure I had the correct silverware for my food. Presented my food to me. Jerry treated me like I was his only customer, with effeciency, energy, and kindness. I never write these reviews, but Jerry was worth me taking the time and extra effort to say how absolutely wonderful he is. What a great person!!!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business

We appreciate the kind words about Jerry. Your experience with him is how he treats every guest, which we are all extremely grateful for his superior customer service skills. I will share your comments with him and applaud him for his efforts.

Thank you again for the words of praise for Jerry. We appreciate your business and look forward to accommodating you again in the future.

Reviewed September 11, 2011

I am staying at this hotel again this year as part of one of the groups in town for the RV show in Hershey. Just like last year's stay, this year's stay is off to a great start. Danielle picked me up at the airport and is very pleasant. My luggage didn't make it to town when I did, so she was kind enough to take me over to Target to get some things to tide me over until my luggage arrives (hopefully it WILL arrive). She gave me a referral to some restaurants nearby so when one of my friends from Ohio arrives tomorrow we have some choices for dinner.
When Danielle got us back to the hotel, we were greeted at the front desk by Terrance. Terrance certainly went over and above to get me checked in on the floor I wanted to be on, even providing me with ice for my room since the water was not yet sanitary in the ice machines from the flood. Terrance made sure all my questions were answered before wishing me well on my stay and sending me on my way.
My room is spacious (they are not this large back home) and very comfortable. I am glad we are staying here again this year. This is a great facility with an awesome team that really cares - you can tell just by some of the questions they ask and always wanting to know if there is something else they can do to make me even more comfortable.
I also really like that this is a non-smoking facility. I am very sensitive to cigarette smoke and I appreciate being able to breathe clean air. Thank you.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed September 10, 2011

During the flood in the area I had to evac my home at 2am in the morning. With my 20 month old daughter and 2 dogs I had to find a place to stay! Eric at the desk had a room with a floor level balcony and a bellcart ready! Mary B. the F&B supervisor was also very helpful helping me to the room!
A great place and super helpful!
In the morning walking my dogs in and around the beautyfull courtyard area and tennis courts. I had a chance of talkig to other hotel guest who also where walking their dogs. Most where also evacuated from their homes and all said how relieved they were being able to have their pets with them!
The holiday inn prides it's self across the country to be a family friendly hotel and I thank the holiday inn Harrisburg east to also include in that statement our four legged family members!

• Stayed: September 2011
Reviewed September 10, 2011

This hotel was part of a package deal to go to hershey with U.P.S about 4 years ago . the staff are great the rooms are clean the pool and hot tub are very nice . they are busy on friday night for sure but thats okay the place is a convention center also. just wish it would hae a continental breakfast and last but not least the prices are very affordable

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed September 9, 2011

We had to stay at the hotel due to the flooding in Harrisburg. We were evacutate and had been through so much trama. At arrival at the hotel we were greeted by Corinne the supevisor at the front desk. She immediately made sure we had everything we needed and was just a complete ray of sunshine in a day of disaster. As we were checking in the General Manager Randy came to meet us and make sure we were ok and had everything we needed. I was so impressed at the heartfelt concern they had for us. Your staff are exceptional people.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
RandyStuart, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel Harrisburg Hershey, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2011

We appreciate the feedback regarding your recent stay with us. We are always very happy when a customer posts a comment about the wonderful service they have received. I will share your comments about Corinne and recognize her efforts during our monthly customer service luncheon.

Thanks again for taking the time to acknowledge our efforts. We hope that you and your family are safe and are able to return home without much loss as a result of the flooding.

Reviewed September 8, 2011

Staff was courteous, service excellent. I was unable to return home to the Palmyra,Pa area on 9/7 due to extensive flooding & road closures.The lump crab cakes in the restaurant were excellent - mostly all crab meat, no filler. Liz & Tammy provided great service which I have experienced in the past.

Room Tip: Room was quiet, clean, with modern TV's.Upgrading the room is worth it.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo

Thanks for taking the time to provide us with feedback regarding your recent visit with us. Although unexpected, as a result of major flooding in the area, we are extremely pleased to hear of the outstanding service we provided in such a time of need. Our staff takes tremendous pride in customer service and once again we achieved our goal of another positive guest experience. I will share your comments with the entire team during our weekly employee rally.

Thank you again for your kind words. We hope to have you as a guest again under normal conditions in the future.