“A great hotel!”

Red Lion Hotel Harrisburg Hershey
Ranked #3 of 50 Hotels in Harrisburg
“A great hotel!”
Reviewed September 10, 2011

During the flood in the area I had to evac my home at 2am in the morning. With my 20 month old daughter and 2 dogs I had to find a place to stay! Eric at the desk had a room with a floor level balcony and a bellcart ready! Mary B. the F&B supervisor was also very helpful helping me to the room!
A great place and super helpful!
In the morning walking my dogs in and around the beautyfull courtyard area and tennis courts. I had a chance of talkig to other hotel guest who also where walking their dogs. Most where also evacuated from their homes and all said how relieved they were being able to have their pets with them!
The holiday inn prides it's self across the country to be a family friendly hotel and I thank the holiday inn Harrisburg east to also include in that statement our four legged family members!

• Stayed September 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (380)
Islip Terrace, New York
Reviewed September 10, 2011

This hotel was part of a package deal to go to hershey with U.P.S about 4 years ago . the staff are great the rooms are clean the pool and hot tub are very nice . they are busy on friday night for sure but thats okay the place is a convention center also. just wish it would hae a continental breakfast and last but not least the prices are very affordable

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed September 9, 2011

We had to stay at the hotel due to the flooding in Harrisburg. We were evacutate and had been through so much trama. At arrival at the hotel we were greeted by Corinne the supevisor at the front desk. She immediately made sure we had everything we needed and was just a complete ray of sunshine in a day of disaster. As we were checking in the General Manager Randy came to meet us and make sure we were ok and had everything we needed. I was so impressed at the heartfelt concern they had for us. Your staff are exceptional people.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
RandyStuart, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel Harrisburg Hershey, responded to this review, September 11, 2011
We appreciate the feedback regarding your recent stay with us. We are always very happy when a customer posts a comment about the wonderful service they have received. I will share your comments about Corinne and recognize her efforts during our monthly customer service luncheon.

Thanks again for taking the time to acknowledge our efforts. We hope that you and your family are safe and are able to return home without much loss as a result of the flooding.
Palmyra, Pennsylvania
Reviewed September 8, 2011

Staff was courteous, service excellent. I was unable to return home to the Palmyra,Pa area on 9/7 due to extensive flooding & road closures.The lump crab cakes in the restaurant were excellent - mostly all crab meat, no filler. Liz & Tammy provided great service which I have experienced in the past.

Room Tip: Room was quiet, clean, with modern TV's.Upgrading the room is worth it.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
Thanks for taking the time to provide us with feedback regarding your recent visit with us. Although unexpected, as a result of major flooding in the area, we are extremely pleased to hear of the outstanding service we provided in such a time of need. Our staff takes tremendous pride in customer service and once again we achieved our goal of another positive guest experience. I will share your comments with the entire team during our weekly employee rally.

Thank you again for your kind words. We hope to have you as a guest again under normal conditions in the future.
new york
Reviewed September 7, 2011

Everyone at this hotel is on point for their guests. From the Manager Randy to the person who gives you towels. When I first made my ressie the couldnt guarantee a handicap room but I called and the manager did his best to get the rooms for me, I have a rare muscular disrder and have to travel with my sister and they were able to get us rooms across the hall from each other. When We checked in by a very nice young man named Terrance it was quick but when we got to the room they werent exactly across from each other and we needed to be as close as possible for the little ones and if I had muscle"attack" ( I cant walk at all during this ) SO I saw a person that worked for the hotel named Gerri she immediatley switched the room to be right across and it was GREAT! then the staff was amazing Jose that doe Housekeeping was super friendly and even though it wasnt his job helped with some of the moving of things since he saw I was having a hard time. Then one of the nights we were there the kids went a bit overboard with the towels and Drrel saw us talking about towels and without asking brought som over. the Staff goes beyond a normal hotel. The hotel itself is a bit older but they do try to maintain it, the rooms are all big and from my understanding every room is spacious. the outdoor pool was opened and the kids LOVED it and then in the morning it was raing but that didnt matter since the nice warm indoor pool was opened too. Thank You to the great staff for a enjoyable and STRESS FREE vacation. Great Job!!!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed September 5, 2011

Arriving to the hotel we were warmly welcomed as before when doing a IVGCA show there, unfortunately we had gone into our room and it was clean but looked as if someone had forgotten to use a vaccum in the room. I went to the front desk and reported this, they were on it with vaccum and all at 12:30 am. Apologizing, for the maid missing out on this , for the inconvenience they had offered us coupons for free breakfast the rest of the week. The Manager Randy Suart and Jane of business office had shared that this was not normal an again apologized.The dining room staff ,Justine made a ouch to my heart making me feel important , I thank her for that special morning pot of coffee along with Tammy my waitress she always wanted to assure that everything was good . The food in the resturant is wonderful as we spent from 7 am til sometime 12:30 am working,Justine made sue that someone would come down and order food for us at lunch time. Now then theres Tammy she runs banquets and a trooper that she is , sevral months ago at show we had done at there hotel my blood sugar had dropped and I never seen anyone run so fast to get me orange juice, thank you time again, as at this visit she made sure that our business was stocked with soda and water as we worked away, what a asset this hotel has loving people make you feel as if this is your home , we appreciate it. Mick &Jamie at the front desk thank you for the extra mile you gave making sure that we always had a cart or extra papers to wrap or stuff shipping out. Last but never the least Mary & Jess at the lounge thank you for the night cap and the steps to keep us all happy.
TO ANYONE THAT HAS NEVER STAYED AT THIS HOTEL YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU ARE MISSING CLEAN AND COMFORTABLE, POOLS , HOT TUBS TENNIS COURT,BASKETBALL COURT AND THE GREATEST CREW EVER. THANK YOU AGAIN, TAMMY,GREG MARK & BOB ! THR & ASSOCIATES

Room Tip: Super clean wonderful staff , home away from home.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Carlisle, Pennsylvania
Reviewed September 4, 2011

The Hotel was very large but easily manageable. The staff was very helpful and friendly. And the pool was gorgeous!

Room Tip: Contact The Front Desk Directly, in advance, to confirm your reservation and anything else you may w...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business