“Staff only redeemable quality”
Review of Hilton Harrisburg

Hilton Harrisburg
Ranked #7 of 51 Hotels in Harrisburg
Reviewed August 7, 2011

Where to begin here:

1) it was pageant weekend, there was no indication of this on the hotel website and I would NEVER knowingly expose my children to that insanity

2) the elevators are an absolute disaster, never in my life have I had to wait 20min for an elevator

3) the room, dirty, dusty, tv was disconnected, bathroom ceiling had serious water damage and looked like it was ready to collapse, peeling wallpaper

• Stayed: August 2011
1  Thank Rstoner
HiltonHarrisburg, General Manager at Hilton Harrisburg, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2011

Rstoner, thank you for your candid review of our hotel. We would love to have a chance to discuss this with you to learn how to improve your next stay with us. Please contact me at: 717-233-6000. Thank you.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,157)

Reviewed August 6, 2011

We went in this hotel for a family reunion and traveled by car fom NY,when we arrived about 13:00 hs, i asked for the front desk guy the possibility for an early check in and he told us to wait for an avaliable room,amazing after half hour he managed a beautiful room for us, a very polite and helpful front desk employee called Mustafa.
In general this is a good hotel to stay and they really mean the Hilton name.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
12  Thank SamLawEnforcement

Thank you SamLawEnforcement for the review of our hotel. We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and we will be sure to tell Mustafa how he impacted your experience. We look forward to seeing you next time you are in Harrisburg!

Reviewed August 3, 2011

The front desk staff was nice - ugraded room and access to lounge were a plus for me. The gym is high-quality equipment and the toiletries were much better than HGI or Hampton (other Hilton properties). I recommend getting off-site for a meal. We walked two blocks to "'Spice" and really enjoyed the food. The hotel is integrated into "restaurant row," which was as surprising hot spot for food and drinks without taking cab. I'd stay here again - awesome bed!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
HiltonHarrisburg, General Manager at Hilton Harrisburg, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2011

Thank you Friendaza1 for your review of our hotel. We are glad you were able to take advantage of our convenient downtown location. Next time you are in town, we invite you to try our signature, award winning restaurant, The Golden Sheaf. You will find the fine dining and wine selection is second to none. We look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed July 29, 2011

The piano bar was the perfect beginning of our evening. We had a lot of conferences that day and were very tired. We changed, headed for the piano bar and had a few drinks and appetizers-the scallops wrapped in bacon were great! We went to dinner at The Golden Sheaf and were treated like royalty. Our server was very attentive and the food was delicious. Can't wait for our next conference so we can enjoy this Hilton again!

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business

Stormi-1, Thank you very much for visiting our hotel and for taking the time to write a review. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time with us in the Hotel, our Piano Bar and our fine dining restaurant, The Golden Sheaf. We look forward to your return as well.

Reviewed July 21, 2011

This is my second time there for a conference and I like the fitness area with a pool near the exercise machines, the staff are very friendly, the location is walking distance to lots of bars and restaurants, and its usually overall a pleasant experience. The bartenders are very nice as well as everyone at the desks, cleaning rooms and elevators. Yesterday when I was leaving I made a mistake. I forgot I paid for parking with the room and asked this young woman with brown hair at the gift shop to validate. At first she completely ignored that I was there, more interested in talking to a friend who came in. My response was phew, that's it. Then I realized that I didn't need to spend five dollars. She gave me a hard time about giving it back. Asked me why I was asking for it when I was told the room covered it. If I ever go back and see her in the gift shop, is there another way to validate parking tickets? The looks she gave me and vibe was bad. I took full responsibility and even at times offered not to get the money back. This was between noon and one pm yesterday. She is an outlier as 99% of the people there are helpful and hardworking. But when you get treated badly, you always remember it.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business

Jfuriosi, Thank you for taking the time to write. I am happy to hear that most often your stay is enjoyable and that our staff is nice and accomodating. I was very sorry to hear this was not the case with the person in the Gift Shop. We will speak with the individual who worked that day and coach her on the proper way to handle your request. We trust this won't happen again however should you be more comfortable, the Front Desk can also help you with any parking validation needs. Thank you.

Reviewed July 5, 2011

We were attending a convention, and found the hotel staff very friendly in spite of the numbers of people using services all at once. There was ample staff from reception to housekeeping to feeding a huge banquet with hot, tasty food. The restaurant staff went out of their way to keep us (personally) on schedule to meet our very tight itinerary, both by offering buffets and also suggesting fast alternatives for ordering entrees. Rooms were large and comfortable, clean and well stocked, large closets and lots of drawers and work space, internet, etc. Easy, rapid checkout. Upscale decor.

Room Tip: Parking garage attached. $10/day
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank lovetottravel1043
HiltonHarrisburg, General Manager at Hilton Harrisburg, responded to this reviewResponded July 7, 2011

Thank you "lovetottravel" for your review. We commit every day to accommodating the needs of our guests and are pleased to hear you enjoyed the visit. We look forward to seeing you next time you are in Harrisburg!

Reviewed June 29, 2011

Were there just for one night to attend a wedding nearby, but enjoyed our stay. Place was clean, modern. Room was spacious and had all the amenities. Breakfast buffet (only meal we had there) was good, with variety of fruit, custom-cooked eggs/omelettes. Elevator was really slow, probably because hotel was really busy. very near capitol and restaurants. Would stay there again

Room Tip: Try for higher floor for views
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family

Thank you very much for your review. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your room and our breakfast buffet. Please call on us again whenever visiting the Harrisburg/Hershey area.