“Great Employees”

Holiday Inn Express Harrisburg East
Ranked #31 of 51 Hotels in Harrisburg
Reviewed September 6, 2013

There were 2 employees who really made our stay memorable--LaQuinn and Kinjal. We stayed during the labor day weekend and it was crazy with guests and kids every where. Kinjal took care of everyone's needs and went the extra mile to try and hook up our boy's playstation. Even though it wasn't possible, she came to the room to try. LaQuinn was in charge of the breakfast bar and never stopped refilling, cleaning and ensuring every demand was met with a smile. Every table in the breakfast area and lobby was full and constantly rotated. She did a remarkable job. People make all the difference in your experience.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed August 31, 2013

We stayed here for a trip to Hershey because a car show was in town and all of the hotels were booked. I guess I'm a bit of a hotel snob and used to staying at a full service hotel. With that said, the rooms were clean and comfortable, including a mini-fridge. And the complimentary breakfast in the morning was actually pretty good. The location is close to the highway but not much closeby except for chain restaurants.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Harrisburg East, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2013

Dear allthingsfadra,

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your accommodation. We are delighted to learn that your stay was comfortable and enjoyable.

Since our guests are the center of our focus, it is customary for our hotel staff to continually create and provide the best product always. Therefore, we are pleased that these efforts reflected in your total guest experience.

If in the future you find yourself in our area or if your business travels bring you back to our hotel we would love to have you as our guest again, as it would be a pleasure to serve you.

Dhan M

Reviewed August 19, 2013

At the time of our stay only ground floor rooms were available. Although our room was nonsmoking, the room carpet etc smelled of smoke, and clearly, this had been a smoking room in the past. The flat screen tv was plugged into a nonworking socket, and when we moved the socket, the cable was not working and the reception was terrible. The room adjacent to us had plywood nailed over the window. There was mildew in the corners of the shower. The one thing this hotel had going for it was that the front desk staff was pleasant.

Room Tip: Ground floor nonsmoking rooms smelled of smoke. But from what we heard from others we were with on...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Harrisburg East, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2013

Dear pittsburghmom01,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. We are glad you found our staff to be pleasant. Please allow us to apologize for the experience you had with your room accommodations that fell below your expectations. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. Your review will be used to consider improvements needed and we hope that you can give us a chance to show what we have done.

Anthony M

Reviewed August 15, 2013

One drawer and one cabinet door had missing knobs on them. I found one of the knobs in one of the drawers. One of the queen beds had black stains on the sheets. The front desk staff were friendly as were housekeeping. There was only one washer and one dryer for the entire hotel and was always being used by one guest or another. The elevator took a very long time to arrive at your floor. The doors to the rooms shut pretty loudly. I would not come back here or recommend this place to my friends.

1  Thank Chloe L
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Harrisburg East, responded to this reviewResponded September 1, 2013

Dear Chloe L,

Thank you for your feedback of our property. We strive to provide the best possible experience and it is always great to hear from our guests on how we are doing. I am sorry that on this day you found your stay to be less than satisfactory due to the condition of the room amenities and elevator service. I have taken note and wish to thank you for your valuable feedback as this is our best resource of improving our services.

Once again, thank you for posting your comments.

Zelyn N

Reviewed August 14, 2013

I did a weekend stay here at this holiday inn and It was just awesome! The front desk lady, brandy shartzer, made sure I felt very welcomed, made sure i had the correct room, made me laugh, and held a conversation with me and made me feel very comfortable with my stay there. She was just all out awesome and made sure I had a great time!! I'm looking forward to visiting again next June!

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed August 13, 2013

First off this hotel has the most wonderful staff out of any of the hotels in the area. Brandy, the front desk clerk its always pleasant and very informative on things to do, places to eat our directions to wherever I might need to go. I have been staying here often (multiple times a month) for the past 3 years. The whole staff has become part of my family I wouldn't want to stay anywhere else. The rooms are cozy and updated with flat screen Tv's. The fitness room and pool are great amenities. The breakfast is great, I'm a sucker for biscuits and gravy. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed August 13, 2013

excellent place to stay! the rooms were clean. very courteous staff. Brandy was very helpful and made me feel right at home. i would certainly stay here the next time i am in the area and would recommend this to my friends.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo