“Front desk are rockstars!”

Holiday Inn Express Harrisburg East
Ranked #34 of 51 Hotels in Harrisburg
Reviewed July 5, 2013 via mobile

Tiffany, Beth and Kinjal did a beautiful job getting a third party error (orbitz/kayak) straightened out so we wouldn't have to stay in a horrible smoking room. I am so thankful for their efforts. The room is generally clean and cool. Pool and training facilities are nice too.

• Stayed: July 2013

Reviewed July 3, 2013

We checked in on Sunday June 30 in the evening, we had a long car ride so we were ready to just get into our room, when we arrived inside the young girl at desk had a line, so we had to wait in line to get out room, we were in line for almost 10 minutes, (kind of ridiculous). Anyways we got checked in and went to the room, the room was very pleasant had a nice stay.However the next morning we came down to check out and the desk was unattended,so we left key there then saw the same lady from check inn in the breakfast area. was a great hotel just a tip for the staff, have more workers.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 3, 2013

Had a great stay at this hotel the room we had was next to the elevator didn't' hear a thing all night..great night sleep. the room was clean no smells or bugs..its only 25 minutes from Hershey Park..its worth the trip..

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed June 14, 2013

I really have to compliment reception, particularly Miss Kinjal, who was friendly and very helpful with information. I travel alot and can tell you it is very refreshing to speak with someone that knows the area and can recommend a good restaurant!!
Big Kudos to the hotel for such a good hire!! You have to keep good people like this... a real asset to the hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 3, 2013

Charged me for a 'no show' when I didn't have a reservation or a confirmation. Kept saying it was through a third party - but I only ever make my reservations opn the Holiday Inn site so I get points.

Called to discuss the error - and the girl on the phone was no help - just kept repeating that I was a 'no show'. Couldn't say where the reservation originated and told me that she would have her manager call me back. Manager never called me back.

Four days later I called again. Same girl, same story.

Seriously awful.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Harrisburg East, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2013

Dear JMo_30601,

Pam G
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed May 10, 2013

She was super fast in check in. They're we're people lined up but she was an flash. Good but expected holiday inn. Nothing to complain about. But full marks to the employees. Bar lady was awsome too. Old and sweet.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed May 8, 2013

From check-in with Jamelle to check-out with Keslie, with Becky in between serving breakfast in the Cafe, I was greeted with a warm smile and made to feel special.
The room was large so with good lighting and the bed was especially comfortable.

• Stayed: May 2013