Holiday Inn Express Harrisburg East
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Econo Lodge(Harrisburg)
View Hotel
All reviewshershey parkfront deskyogurtfree breakfastoff the highwayclean roomseasy accessbed was very comfortablehiepettournament
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 25, 2011

Big comfy beds, quiet, helpful staff, big flat screen TV, lots of nearby restaurants THAT DELIVER:) Great rates (68 for the night) The complimentary breakfast was bigand delicious.
I cant wait to have another reason to check in!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
skier67, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Harrisburg East, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2011

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for your feedback. I noticed that your post indicated that you stayed with us back in February and that your stay with was memorable enough to you that you still took the time to post a review for other travelers to review. I was also pleased to hear that your stay with us was "perfect" and that you can't wait to come back! Our staff memebers take great pride in knowing that their hard work does make a difference.

Yes, we do have an ideal location with many meal options (including delivery) in the nearby area, especially if you would like to stay in, relax and watch for favorite show on one of our flat screen TV's.

We look forward to your return visit to our house!

Reviewed August 22, 2011

Stayed here for 2 nights while visiting Hershey with my wife and 3 boys in 2 rooms. Check in was quick and receptionist polite and friendly.
It's located right near the I-83 but there was very little noise from it.
Rooms were very nice, spacious and beds comfortable.
The rooms we had were located at one end of the corridoor near the ice machine and the noise these machines make when dispensing are quite loud and could be heard in our rooms, why do people have to get ice at 1 o' clock in the morning?!! which is what we heard one night.
I was also woken by loud music coming from the room next to me, phoned the night receptionist who said he would deal with it and within a few minutes he was knocking on the door of the room, then when no one answered he went in and turned the music off as the room was empty and the radio alarm had been set to come on in the middle of the night.
There was a problem with the hot water the first morning as it was only lukewarm, I heard the maintenance man say at breakfast that it was being looked at and it was fixed by the next day.
Breakfast was fairly good, cereals, a couple of hot items, yoghurts, fruit, pastries etc also a pancake maker, nice to have fresh warm pancakes.
Pool was a fair size, outdoor but fairly warm.
Lots of various places to eat on Union Deposit Road and a Mcdonalds right next door.
Overall a good choice if your looking for somewhere near Hershey Park which is about a 20 minute drive away, staff were all very pleasant and helpful

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for selecting our hotel during your visit to the Hershey area. Our highway access does allow for a quick trip to all of the Hershey attractions. I'm pleased to hear that you found our rooms to spacious and comfortable! Also, please allow me to apologize for the minor inconveniences that you experienced during your stay. I appreciate your patience and understanding. However, I especially pleased to hear that our staff team members were quick to respond to your concerns and address these items in an efficient manner.

Yes, the pancake machine has been a "hit" from everyone!

I hope that you will come back and visit us during your trip to the Harrisburg/Hershey area! Please feel free to contact me personally at 717-561-8100 for your future reservation needs.

Reviewed August 15, 2011

We stayed here for three nights on a vacation to Hershey and Lancaster to tour the Amish country. Our room was very clean and very spacious. The staff here are extremely nice and very helpful. The lady at the front desk, Diane, was so kind and helped us in planning our day trip to see the Amish. She even wrote out step by step directions which led us straight to our destination with no problems. There is also a guy that works at night at front desk who wears a cowboy hat and we think his name was Scottie(sp?) He has the best personality and is truly a pleasure to deal with. THis hotel is also located in a very safe area with good lighting.If you are looking for a hotel, look no further. This is the place!!!

Room Tip: We stayed in room with king bed and pullout sofa. Very spacious!
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Erica B
skier67, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Harrisburg East, responded to this reviewResponded September 22, 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us during your visit to the Harrisburg/Lancaster area. Many guest do not realize just how close we are to the Amish Country! I am very glad to hear that your visit to our hotel was very enjoyable and our staff very accommodating. Yes, both, Diane and Scottie, are truly "seasoned" hospitality professionals, and they commit themselves to make sure that every guest need is taken care of! Now that you us, I hope that you will come back and visit again us in the near future!

Reviewed July 30, 2011

We stopped here on our way to Cooperstown Dreams Park for a baseball tournament. SInce it was over half way and had a great tourist spot in Hershey, it made the ideal location. The rooms were clean and well appointed. The pool was well maintained and the staff was very friendly. Check-in and out was very simple and we got a great night's rest. Nice place to stay.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for selecting our hotel during your trip to your tournament. I'm glad that you found us to be central to your needs. Yes, we are very accesible to many locations! I am also pleased to hear that you found our accommodations very clean and our staff very efficient. Knowing that sporting tournaments occur on an annual basis, I hope that you will visit us again during your next trip to our area.

Again, thank you for staying with us!

Reviewed July 29, 2011

Spent one night (less than 10 hours) on Christmas Day at this property enroute from Central NY to South FL. Room was clean, bed was comfortable. Good area around hotel (street with sidewalk and snowcovered grassy areas) to walk a dog. Felt safe leaving a packed car overnight in the parking lot and walking dog at night around hotel.

Didn't have breakfast as we left too early in the morning.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
skier67, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Harrisburg East, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2011

Dear "Weary" Traveller;

Thank you for staying with us this past holiday season. I'm glad you selected our hotel as your resting point during your very long drive to Florida. As a parent, and pet owner, I know how important it is to find quality accommodations that will welcome all "members" of the family, including children! Now that you found us, I hope that you will come back and visit us during your next trip through our area. Make sure you allow enough time for our complimentary hot buffet breakfast. Since your visit, we've now added a new pancake machine. Hot fresh pancakes, made to order, are the best!

Please call me for reservations. (717)-561-8100.