“One perfect night”

Ranked #30 of 50 Hotels in Harrisburg
Trenton, New Jersey
“One perfect night”
Reviewed June 17, 2011

I had business in Harrisburg and my company made this reservation for me. From start to finish this was a wondwerful overnight stay. Check-in was quick and easy and the front desk staff was very friendly and professional. When I came back down and asked for some local directions, they were quickly provided and were simple and direct.
The location is perfect...outside the downtown area but easily accesible off the highway and with plenty of restaurants nearby.

I've traveled a lot for business and I can't recall any other time that I've seen a PANCAKE- making machine and had Chipped Beef available to go with my eggs at a breakfast bar. Perfect way to start a day after an excellent night's sleep.

from start to finish this was a terrific, but way too shor,t stay.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
skier67, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Harrisburg East, responded to this review, July 9, 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us during your recent business trip to our area. I'm very pleased to hear that everything was "perfect" for you in every aspect. Our Guest Services Manager continually works with our staff members to evalute, and train, them in their ability to better serve our guests. I'm also glad to hear that you enjoyed our "newest" addition to our breakfast bar area! Our new pancake machine is the most recent change in the Holiday Inn Express family of hotels and it has been received very well. Hot fresh pancakes are the best way to start the day! We hope to see you again during your next business trip to our area.

James Gordon

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Caldwell, Texas
Reviewed June 12, 2011

Stayed one night - got a great price using Priceline.com...actually wanted to stay closer to Hershey - but this was not a bad drive (about 8 miles away). Loved the fact we could use their laundry area to wash our clothes and also took advantage of the 2 walkup computers with free high-speed internet and printer. The only complaint I had was that this hotel apparently books solid because of it's close proximity to a major thoroughfare and their common areas - specifically their breakfast area - is too small to accomodate the many guests in the hotel. My family of 4 had to eat in shifts, wait in a line for the pancakes and didn't get juice which was emptied by 9:00 a.m. and not refilled. People were eating at the computer desks, the front lobby, everywhere they could put their plates down - it was a silly sight to see. The food you could get was decent and there was a good variety.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank jo_coch
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us during your recent visit to the Harrisburg/Hershey area. Yes, we are only 8 miles from Hershey with mostly highway driving, and If your willing to drive that distance, you might be able to save a lot on your rate, especially through online booking agencies. I'm glad that worked well for you! Your right, during high demand periods, we are limited in breakfast seating. We are definately planning to address this with future renovations. However, in the mean time, we do attempt to offer as much seating as possible, including our lobby area and, whenever possible, our meeting/banquet room. Thanks again for your feedback and we hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed May 28, 2011

This hotel we found to be a little lower on scale of other holiday inn expresses. The location was good and fit our needs. Staff was very friendly. The rooms were decorated with dark colors which made it seem older. There were Just two problems with our room: our bed creaked and the roof above our shower had some mold. Overall I would say it was ok for a holiday inn

• Stayed May 2011
Dear Guest;

I'm glad to hear your overall experience during your visit to our hotel was positive. While we always like to believe we are perfect, we do understand that we make mistakes and may over look certain areas. I'm glad you brought these two concerns to our attention. Our housekeeping and maintenance staff memebers have now been paying closer attention to these details. Also, we are always in the planning stages for future renovations and we look forward the hearing the view points from our guests concerning the current/previous decor choices that were made. Your right, brighter might be better in the future! Please come back and visit us when you return to the Harrisburg/Hershey area.

Fredericksburg, Virginia
Reviewed May 20, 2011

Just wanted to give the staff a compliment.. Our stay there on April 30 and May 1, 2011 was wonderful.. We were from out of town and had reserved our room on the Internet for 1 evening but once we got there we decided to stay 2 nights. The clerk that checked us in was very pleasant, I believe his name was Brandon. Our second night there Vanessa was the clerk all night then again in the morning. She was wonderful!!!!! I would like to commend her on her professionalism and courtesy. Thanks again for the wonderful treatment.. When we are in the area again you can bet we will be staying in this hotel!!!!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Dear Guest;

Thank you so much for this review. You don't know how proud our staff members are to see their names posted for the quality service they provide to our guests. I'm glad you where able to take time to remember their names and post your experience for others to review. This goes a long way! Thanks again, and please be sure to contact me personally for your reservations during your return trip!

Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed May 4, 2011

I was pleasantly surprised by the warmth and helpfulness of the entire staff. It made the stay very comfortable. Also, many shops and restaurants are within walking distance, which is a big plus in Harrisburg. The rooms are well-appointed, clean and everything was in working order. The only downside of the stay was that no microwaves are provided in-room. The microwave is kept right off the main lobby not far from the front desk.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Dear Guest;

I would like to thank you for staying with us during your visit to the Harrisburg/Hershey area. I'm very pleased to hear that you found our hotel comfortable and the staff friendly. Our staff members work very hard to to provide quality accommodations for our guests and your positive comments will go along way! We hope to see you again during your next visit to our wonderful area. Please contact me personally at 717-561-8100 for your reservation needs. Thank you again!

Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed April 9, 2011

Everything about our stay at the HIE impressed us. The hotel was clean, the staff was friendly, and the breakfast was wonderful. At the extremely affordable rate we got, we weren't expecting much, but I would say I enjoyed our stay as much as some much higher end hotels I have stayed in.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank stwallis
skier67, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Harrisburg East, responded to this review, April 10, 2011
Dear Guest,

I want to thank you for staying with us during your recent trip to the Harrisburg/Hershey area. I also want to say "thanks" for all of your kind words. Our staff members work very hard to ensure our guests experience superior service with comfortable and clean accommodations. Your positive comments will go along way! We hope to see you again during your next visit to our area!

Denver, CO
Reviewed April 6, 2011

I stayed here while doing business in both Harrisburg West and the Hershey area over the course of 3 days--good central location for both. Lots of stores and restaurants within walk or short drive. Nice room, nice staff; provided all I needed for a comfortable nights rest. Breakfast was suitable with very good coffee. Clean, quiet room, nice decor. Good bed and a hot shower. Found a great deal for this room and was not disappointed. I kept thinking, for this price, there's got to be something wrong with the place - but there was absolutely nothing wrong! It was quite nice. I would book here again with no hesitation.

Room Tip: Request a room on the second floor or higher.