“Standard room, no frills for a one night stay for Hershey Park visit”
Review of Harrisburg Hotel

Harrisburg Hotel
Ranked #42 of 50 Hotels in Harrisburg
Reviewed May 30, 2014

We stayed one night since we did Hershey park for the day. The hotel isn't that far at all and the rates were reasonable so we picked it to stay. We usually stay at the Marriott closer to the park but all the rooms were booked there since it was a last minute trip.
The room was on 2nd floor, we checked in about 9:30 pm after the park. Easy check in, room was average. Clean though which was most important. One bed very soft and sinking in a little and one more firm. We were fine with this. One night :) The room was quiet and the shower was very nice and clean and good water pressure. We literally showered, went to bed, woke up and checked out. Saw a nice pool outside on our way out that we didn't use :( Maybe next time!

Room Tip: we stayed on 2nd floor and it was fine. Comfortable temperature and quiet and didn't have to wai...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank islandgetawaygirl
HospitalitySteve_11, General Manager at Harrisburg Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 2, 2014

We appreciate you taking the time to write a review about your recent stay in Harrisburg/Hershey. I hope you enjoyed your day at Hershey Park. As you mentioned our location is very good for visiting the many attractions Harrisburg/Hershey has to offer. Thanks again and we are happy your stay with was good as expected.

Wyndham Garden Hotel

There are newer reviews for Harrisburg Hotel

Reviewed May 28, 2014

booked this place with hotel tonight for a stayover, the hotel is fine, but they did not enter my information correctly and had to wait 15 minutes to get my room. the room is very standard, good breakfast, great value, front desk people are nice, would stay here again if passing by.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Noriyasu L
HospitalitySteve_11, General Manager at Harrisburg Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2014

Thank-you for staying with us. I am sorry the reservation info did not feed down correctly. We just began using the Hotel Tonight reservation system and it has a a couple of glitches we are working on. I am going to work with the Front Office Manager to be sure we get it corrected. Also I do appreciate that you will return the next time you pass through Harrisburg. You are in our system now so please feel free to call us direct .

General Manag

Reviewed May 25, 2014

I was in Harrisburg a couple of weeks ago for a wedding. There were several of us staying there for the weekend. The Wyndham Garden Harrisburg was everything I could have wished for from a hotel. The rooms were very big, clean and comfortable. The staff was great. They took care of all our needs with a smile...even offered shuttle service so we wouldn't have any worries after the wedding reception. Location was center to everywhere we wanted to go. Loved going to the barista in the lobby for something yummy to take right up to our room. Definitely a place I will recommend to friends or family. I will definitely stay here whenever I am in Harrisburg!

Room Tip: I was in a double queen and was wonderful. No outside noise, and very little from the hallway. I be...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Rhea R

I can tell you there is nothing that makes me happier than a repeat customer and someone who will be sure to recommend us to others. I will be sure to pass along your comments to our staff they work very hard to provide the best service possible. See you next time.

Steve Tremmel,GM

Reviewed May 25, 2014

I would definitely stay here again. staff was great and rooms were clean. I stayed here for a wedding and everyone went out of there way to help make out stay enjoyable. Will definitely be back for a get away soon. thank you again to the staff at this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank schulr

Thanks for taking a minute to write a review on your recent stay with us. We do appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you in the future . I remember the wedding party you were with and I am so happy you had a great time.

Reviewed May 24, 2014

We stayed here again a couple of weeks ago when visiting family in Harrisburg. It's close enough to my parents' house and surrounding activities that it makes it the perfect location for us when staying in the area. The staff always treats us wonderfully and makes us feel welcome when arriving after a long drive.The General Manager even remembered us from a previous stay with our soccer team and asked my son how soccer was going! It's nice to know that we are checking into a clean, comfortable hotel with great staff when we are visiting family!!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Bedevaney

It is always a pleasure to see returning teams coming to the many tournaments held here in the Harrisburg/Hershey area. Our associates take great pride in seeing the same families year after year. You can be assured we appreciate your business and taking time to write a review.

Hope to see you next year!

Steve Tremmel,GM

Reviewed May 22, 2014

After a long work day ( and driving), I received excellent customer service, which was a welcomed relief. The location of the hotel was well suited for me. The staff was hospitable, and the 24 hr. Barista came in handy. I was able to grab something good to eat without leaving the hotel. I could take a pizza up to my room, finish some paperwork and relax.....'Thumbs up' overall

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Andrew B
HospitalitySteve_11, General Manager at Harrisburg Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2014

I appreciate your taking time out your day to write a review of your stay. We are very pleased you enjoyed your stay . As you mentioned our location is perfect for visiting the Harrisburg/Hershey area and easy to find. I will be sure to let our staff know because they work very hard to make each and every guest have a memorable stay. Thanks again and we look forward to seeing the next time you visit the area.

Steve Tremmel

Reviewed May 22, 2014

My husband and I stayed at this hotel in April. The rooms were very clean, the front desk was very polite when we checked in. It was a very nice relaxing time that me and my husband and I needed. They had a very nice snack bar and nice selection of breakfast food. My averall experience was very good. thank You

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank delmiller

This is what we love to hear. Our goal is always to provide clean rooms with the right touch of good customer service. See you next time!

Steve Tremmel