“Average” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #43 of 50 Hotels in Harrisburg
Mechanicsville
“Average”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2013

Wanted to check out upon check in but decided to stay since my son's entire hockey team was staying for the weekend. I was concerned for my families safety, the breakfast was horrible, but the front desk staff were very nice. One of the other parents found a mouse in her room.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts

HospitalitySteve_11, General Manager at Harrisburg Hotel, responded to this review, December 13, 2013
Thanks for your review. Average is not where my team or myself want to be. I have everyone on board to take corrective action to what we consider a bit of a wake up . From the previous comments it looks as if we had a group that we did not step up for and that is unacceptable. We are all committed to a clean, comfortable with the great service needed that will put us above the average Thanks again and unfortunately we did have a mouse that week-end that we have caught I am glad to say. It's a first so sorry.

Wyndham Garden Hotel
Harrisburg/Hershey

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Leonardtown
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2013

The rooms were tiny, the breakfast was GROSS (Even the coffee was nasty!), the showers were cold, The shower head shot all over the bathroom, the room smelled musty, the closet light (which attached to the switch by the door) worked intermittently....just all around AWFUL!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts

I am very sorry we did not meet your expectations on your recent stay in Harrisburg. We are all committed to making sure each and every guest have a positive experience while staying with us. I have reviewed your comments with our staff and making sure we address them. We truly appreciate you business and do hope you will visit us again if you return to Harrisburg. Please contact me directly.

Lewes
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2013

I booked a king online-was put in a queen room and when asked later-told nothing ever showed from my online request. Am not sure why hotels continue to place you right next door to another when the entire floor was empty but 2 rooms-was told its to help housekeeping not walk so far to clean rooms. Well, I think they could put you across the hall at least-awakened by the room next door headboard banging on the wall at 3 am . Thanks. The hotel was very clean

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts

HospitalitySteve_11, General Manager at Harrisburg Hotel, responded to this review, December 2, 2013
Thank-you very much for choosing the Wyndham Garden Harrisburg/Hershey. I did want to let you know it is always best to use the hotels website when reserving rooms. Your reservation was from an opaque site that as you stated is a request due to the deep discounts offered. We do try to fulfill all request but on occasion have groups in house that require certain room types and are guaranteed. I also wanted to clarify our hotel did not assign you a room closer to the elevator so the housekeeping department did not have to walk further it was that was what was available. Guest satisfaction is our # 1 priority. Please contact me direct the next time you visit Harrisburg so I can personally be sure you receive the room type you need.

Sincerely ,