“The Wyndham Garden Harrisburg was a good hotel for a night...”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Harrisburg Hotel

Harrisburg Hotel
Ranked #43 of 50 Hotels in Harrisburg

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2013

I was a guest in the Wyndham at the same time that that the previous commenter was and I would just like to say that everything that he said is a LIE and I am Livid that he would lie on the Guest service agent in that manner. Lovie was a "GEM" I heard her offer the gentleman to pay for the taxes of his room as well as the incidental fee out of her own pocket just because she sympathized with the story that he was telling if he was unable to pay half or, if he could get his company check to approve the amount with taxes that she would let him in without paying his incidental. As I was waiting for the shuttle to take me to the restaraunt I heard her on the phone and she was on hold for 20 minutes trying to get everything squared away for the young man and his wife. I believe and know that the agent Lovie went above and beyond her service and she also made sure that the shuttle driver picked up and dropped of the young man and his wife 4 times and also took him to the hotel that they decided to stay at. My mom always told me you can't believe everything you read and this guest is a BLATANT LIAR!!! Lovie was excellent and I believe that the way she handled the rudeness of the guest was Phenomenal that is what customer service was all about! I personally had a wonderful time staying at this hotel and was very taken care of. I have already told many of my friends about the service I received there and we are planning to take another trip and I wouldn't stay anywhere else. Don't believe everything you read my advice would be to go see for yourself.

A Very Pleased and Happy Guest

Room Tip: I love the rooms and the end of the hall
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
HospitalitySteve_11, General Manager at Harrisburg Hotel, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
I want to thank-you for taking the time to write your review. Our staff works very hard to be sure all our guest receive the best service possible. Reviews are an important tool here for coaching and training our associates and your comments will truly help in their motivation. As you saw first hand some days our staff has to work a little harder to make guest smile and Ms.Lovie ( as we like to call her) is a great example of going above and beyond and we are very happy she works here at the Wyndham Garden in Harrisburg.
Please contact me the next time you visit Harrisburg so I can thank-you personally for your comments. Thank-you again !

Steve Tremmel, GM
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2013 via mobile

We walked in late in the afternoon looking for a family room for 5 people after other hotels had said they could not put us all in one room. They organised the room on the 6th floor for us and cleaned it as we brought our stuff inside. Not a five star place but we were happy enough for an overnight stay

• Stayed September 2013
HospitalitySteve_11, General Manager at Harrisburg Hotel, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
Thanks for your review and your business. I'm glad we were able to accommodate your family in our suite. Our staff is always willing to above and beyond to ensure you have the best service . I will be passing along your comments to everyone. Thanks again for staying with us and look forward to seeing your family again should you visit Harrisburg/Hershey.

Steve Tremmel GM
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2013 via mobile

I was on Business & never before Stayed there. The shuttle picked me up from the airport.. When I was greeted by a cute blonde girl named Cherity.. So nice told me all about the area of harrisburg and Hershey.. She made my 2 day stay very plesant.. She drove me to the mall and local resturants.. Jack was super nice to at the front desk. I loved that this hotel was closed to everything..

• Stayed September 2013
Thanks for letting us know about your stay. I can not tell you how pleased I am when I hear that our associates and services were exceptional. I understand your comments on the continental breakfast but want to be sure you were aware we do have a variety of moderately priced breakfast and lunch items in our Starbucks Barista. Please contact me next time you are visiting the Harrisburg area on business so we might discuss your stays in the future.

Stephen Tremmel
Wyndham Garden Hotel
North East
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2013

The hotel itself is just okay. It's older, and it could stand to be refreshed. The staff was WONDERFUL. The outdoor pool was adequate. No lifeguards, which is fine. Would have been nice to have a hot tub too!
Cafe is nice enough. Plenty of restaurants nearby so no real need for a full service place on site.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank TinaM1
I greatly appreciate your comments on our staff. I am very proud of them. We continually coach and review service and ways to WOW our guest. I will be using your comments in our all associate meeting this week so they understand that their efforts do get noticed and appreciated. I do hope your stay with us again on your next visit to Harrisburg. Thanks again .

Stephen Tremmel