“In town for a wedding”

Ranked #42 of 51 Hotels in Harrisburg
Reviewed January 3, 2013

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts
HospitalitySteve_11, General Manager at Harrisburg Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2013

Reviewed January 3, 2013

The hotel was starting to show some aging. The room was clean but had some stains on the carpet and bad odor in the heating system that I could not fix with Febrese (I went out special to local store to get a can of it). Elevators were slow. Otherwise, it was available during bad weather as a comfortable place to stay and not over-priced. Snow removal was a bit slow and front entrance was salted rather than cleaned.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed December 31, 2012

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 20, 2012

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 9, 2012

While this was not the best hotel I have ever stayed in, it was far better than most hotels in the area. The lobby area was small, but had a little café with some food and drink. The rooms were also quite small. The room I stayed in had two full-size beds, but really should have had no more than one. Rooms and common areas were clean and the staff was very friendly. The beds were VERY comfortable. Enough to make me stay here again on my next trip to harrisburg.

Really my only complaint was that there were no safes located in the rooms. The front desk told me that safes were located at the front desk and they required two keys to get access.. One front the Front desk and one from the guest; like a safe deposit box. This is fine, but I would prefer one in my room.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 27, 2012

I should have known it wasn't going to be good when the desk clerk asked for my cell phone number is case of a power outage. The public areas (lobby, hallways elevators) were horrible. Room was slightly better.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts
HospitalitySteve_11, Manager at Harrisburg Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2012

First let me thank-you for your comments . I assure you we use them to train our associates and improve our hotel. Reservations that are booked through other reservation systems do not have any general information other than the guest name. We do like to know general information when you arrive so we do know who is staying at our hotel for security and safety purposes. I have shared your concerns with our front desk staff . Also I have met with our housekeeping staff to address your concerns in the housekeeping area. I do apologize for not meeting your expectations . We do hope you will give a chance to be of service in the future and hopefully you will see that improvement can and has been made. Please feel free to contact me direct if I can help or answer any questions.

Stephan Tremmel
Wyndham Garden Hotel
Harrisburg/Hershey

Reviewed November 25, 2012 via mobile

Stayed in 2 rooms to enjoy Hershey Park and The Hershey Theatre. A youth group occupied the lobby and made us wait 10 minutes in it for an elevator. Free wifi was a major selling point but I was unable to connect until 1 pm due to overloaded servers. When we returned from the park we learned that one of the rooms ac units was leaking. The desk made a production but finally got us a new room. The desk was nor friendly throughout.

• Stayed: August 2012
HospitalitySteve_11, General Manager at Harrisburg Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2012

I would like to thank-you for choosing our hotel and want to apologize for the problems you had. As you said our location is very good when visiting the Harrisburg / Hershey area. That also makes us a good location for youth groups that may be here for Hershey Park or events in the area. That was the case when you arrived and I am sorry they held up the elevator We will be discussing this at our staff meeting this week to see if we can improve on ways to better accommodate peak check-in times and the use of our 2 elevators. Possibly one for groups and one for families and individuals. I am sorry your a/c was leaking when you returned and your room was changed. There is no excuse for poor service and I assure you that is not the normal reaction our staff has and I have addressed this with our front office manager.
Again I an sorry for the problems you had and would like you to call me directly the next time you visit Hershey and I will personally be sure your stay is with-out issues.

Stephen Tremmel