“Worst hotel ever”

Ranked #43 of 50 Hotels in Harrisburg
CINCINNATI
“Worst hotel ever”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2012

I should have known it wasn't going to be good when the desk clerk asked for my cell phone number is case of a power outage. The public areas (lobby, hallways elevators) were horrible. Room was slightly better.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts

HospitalitySteve_11, Manager at Harrisburg Hotel, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
First let me thank-you for your comments . I assure you we use them to train our associates and improve our hotel. Reservations that are booked through other reservation systems do not have any general information other than the guest name. We do like to know general information when you arrive so we do know who is staying at our hotel for security and safety purposes. I have shared your concerns with our front desk staff . Also I have met with our housekeeping staff to address your concerns in the housekeeping area. I do apologize for not meeting your expectations . We do hope you will give a chance to be of service in the future and hopefully you will see that improvement can and has been made. Please feel free to contact me direct if I can help or answer any questions.

Stephan Tremmel
Harrisburg/Hershey

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Horsham, Pennsylvania, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2012 via mobile

Stayed in 2 rooms to enjoy Hershey Park and The Hershey Theatre. A youth group occupied the lobby and made us wait 10 minutes in it for an elevator. Free wifi was a major selling point but I was unable to connect until 1 pm due to overloaded servers. When we returned from the park we learned that one of the rooms ac units was leaking. The desk made a production but finally got us a new room. The desk was nor friendly throughout.

• Stayed August 2012
HospitalitySteve_11, General Manager at Harrisburg Hotel, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
I would like to thank-you for choosing our hotel and want to apologize for the problems you had. As you said our location is very good when visiting the Harrisburg / Hershey area. That also makes us a good location for youth groups that may be here for Hershey Park or events in the area. That was the case when you arrived and I am sorry they held up the elevator We will be discussing this at our staff meeting this week to see if we can improve on ways to better accommodate peak check-in times and the use of our 2 elevators. Possibly one for groups and one for families and individuals. I am sorry your a/c was leaking when you returned and your room was changed. There is no excuse for poor service and I assure you that is not the normal reaction our staff has and I have addressed this with our front office manager.
Again I an sorry for the problems you had and would like you to call me directly the next time you visit Hershey and I will personally be sure your stay is with-out issues.

Wyndham Garden
Harrisburg/Hershey
Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2012

We stayed here for 2 nights and I have no complaints! The room was clean, I felt safe and the bed was super comfy. Room was spacious and the hotel was quiet at night. No kids running up and down the halls. I found this hotel to be a great deal for the money. I'd definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Thanks for your comments and choosing the Wyndham Garden Hotel. We are continually working on ways to provide the service and cleanliness you received . I do hope when you return to the Hershey/ Harrisburg area we see you again.

General Manger
Harrisburg/ Hershey
PEARLAND
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2012

Lobby area seems very much an afterthought. Computer and printer for public use is right across from elevators, in the hallway. Check-in desk is just a little podium, So call restaurant is nothing more than a snack bar, told that they had a Starbucks in the hotel when I check-in only to find out the next morning that they just use Starbucks coffee and charge for it. There is no complementary coffee than what you can make in your room after 6am! However, the room was spacious, nicely furnished, clean and very comfortable. Good Internet connection and speed. Room was worth the money, the lobby and the rest of the hotel, not so wonderful.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts

HospitalitySteve_11, General Manager at Harrisburg Hotel, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
First let me thank-you for your comments. We take them all very seriously and are always looking for ways to improve our hotel. As you said our rooms are very spacious, clean and comfortable. While we do not have a full service restaurant our Starbucks Barista does provide freshly made breakfast items as well as deli sandwiches and salads. I am sorry this was not what you were looking for. Currently we at experimenting with different locations for the business center that might provide better access for our guest in a quieter area of our lobby. Thank-you again for your comments and we hope to see you the next time you visit.