“Five Star Staff!”

Ranked #43 of 50 Hotels in Harrisburg
Phoenix, AZ
“Five Star Staff!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2012

Sure, the rooms are nice, the beds are wonderfully comfortable but the staff makes this a Five Star hotel. Michelle and her staff go out of their way to make everything right. The shuttle is convenient and very accomodating. They raise the bar on customer service. I have not had such a wonderful experience in a very, very long time. How refreshing!

Room Tip: The front side of the hotel offers a fabulous view, the backside offers deep foliage and privacy - t...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
HospitalitySteve_11, General Manager at Harrisburg Hotel, responded to this review, October 2, 2012
Thanks you very much for your comments . We are glad you enjoyed your stay at the Wyndham Garden Hotel in Harrisburg/Hershey. I will be sharing you comments with our staff this week at our associate meeting. We our always looking for ways to improve the level of service and quality of our hotel. Thanks again and we look forward to you staying with us in the future.

Wyndham Garden Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

I stayed for a night here and found everything beyond my expectations. There was shuttle from the airport, very friendly staff, super quick check in, awesome room for the price, great location. I'd highly recommend!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
HospitalitySteve_11, Manager at Harrisburg Hotel, responded to this review, October 2, 2012
Thank-you for your comments. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and the great location we have to the many attractions Harrisburg/Hershey has to offer. I will be sure to pass your comments along to all our associates and use them for future training. Service is our #1 goal . Thanks again and we look forward to your staying with us in the future.

General ManagerWyndham Garden Hotel
Harrisburg/ Hershey
Keyser
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2012

Older hotel needs some updating. I booked two rooms and the A/C units were noisy in both. It woke us up each time the compressor turned on. The rooms were clean and the staff friendly and had good info on the area. The location to Hershey is good but it took 1.5 hours to go about 9 miles with traffic.

Room Tip: Bring ear plugs!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Thanks for taking the time to give us your comments. We take them all very seriously and look for ways to improve. As you said we are close to Hershey and all the attractions . I also wanted to let you know that we have recently completed a preventive maintenance program and went through every room and checked for AC's not functioning correctly or needing replacement parts. We made some great improvements in there overall performance as it relates to noise and temperature .I do hope you will visit us again in the future next time you visit Harrisburg/Hershey are . Please feel to call me direct so we can make it right.

Steve Tremmel,
Charlotte, North Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2012 via mobile

House keeping here is lacking seriously. The layout of the the dirty sheets was very awkward, I had to remake my bed. in the middle of the night I descoveres many discusting things in my bed. The sheets obviously were not clean. Finger nail clipping, hair, food were all found while I was sleeping. If you must stay here, beware! And check your bed before you fall asleep.

• Stayed September 2012
2 Thank Bigschott
HospitalitySteve_11, Manager at Harrisburg Hotel, responded to this review, September 13, 2012
Mr. Schott,
Thank-you for your comments and I do apologize . There is no excuse for the conditions you experienced. I am meeting with our housekeeping department today to determine who was responsible for cleaning and inspecting your room . I can assure you this is not acceptable and I have not had this in the past.
We take your comments seriously and will see this never happens again. Please contact me directly so we may discuss further.

Frankfurt, Germany
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2012

Very friendly reception, even though I checked in at 1 am. I felt very wellcome by the friendly lady at the reception desk.

The "bad": There is no free breakfast as offered for instance by BEST WESTERN. Since I am on a 6 hour time difference and get hungry VERY early. So I prefer hotels that offer a free breakfast. Here at the WYNDHAM there was some food for sale in the lobby. I went to a diner outside of the hotel. I really don't like running around outside of a hotel at 6 am!!!!

The room was very nice and clean. The hotel was pretty empty, so noise was no problem. Nice bed and furniture. Never had a hotel before that had a "smart" sofa seat with a table and electrical connection. Very comfortable place to use the laptop.

The bathroom also was nice and had everything needed by me.

All in all I was very happy with my stay and would definitely stay here again.

Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

Was there for a meeting and arrived at noon. The room was not ready as check in is at 3pm. They made the room available and accomodated my request to change to 2 double beds from a king bed room. TV did not work, but I did not ask them to look into it as I was too busy to watch TV.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2012

Spent the day at Hershey park and stayed here for the night. Booked a room with a king bed and it was a very nice clean room. Very comfortable beds and the front desk employees were very accomodating.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family