“Once Again-Wyndam Come Through!”
Review of Harrisburg Hotel

Harrisburg Hotel
Ranked #41 of 50 Hotels in Harrisburg
“Once Again-Wyndam Come Through!”
Reviewed January 9, 2012

Stayed here again for the second time in recent months. Room was very spacious and clean, withs lots of amenities at a great price Perfect location and suits our needs wonderfully. Staff was courteous, while reasonably priced, well stocked Breakfast/snack area in lobby is a bonus. Will continue to use when in Harrisburg/Hershey area.

• Stayed January 2012
1 Thank JayLeonard

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Hoboken, New Jersey
Reviewed December 28, 2011

I've stayed here twice, and if you can get one of the corner rooms, they have great huge windows! Rooms have always been clean, staff is cool and they have a small area that has Starbucks and snacks available. Convenient to downtown Harrisburg and right off the major highway. There's a Target across the road as well which is great for me!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
3 Thank Kenyon H
Ashburn,VA
Reviewed November 15, 2011

Overall, this was a decent hotel. I had read some varying reviews and while it's not a 5 star hotel, it's not a 1 star either. There were water spots on the ceiling (and upper drapes?) and a little moldy tile in the bathroom. Other than that, it was clean, nicely renovated and well appointed. It is clearly an older hotel (hello, bottle opener in the bathroom!), but the rooms are decorated nicely with a Hershey theme. It was an easy drive in & out of Hershey Park for us and there were plenty of restaurants & shopping in the area.

What did not make this a great experience for us was the lack of customer service. After I made my reservation online, I called to request a pack-n-play/crib for my baby. They said they were attaching that request to my reservation. We checked in before going to the park specifically so we would not have to check in past 10pm when we got back. At check-in I once again mentioned the crib. The desk agent didn't seem to see the notation but said they would get one up to our room. I explained we would be a Hershey Park all day and they had plenty of time to do it. Sure enough, we got back from HP at almost 11pm...no crib! I was livid! I called down to the front desk and the woman I spoke with said she'd get right back to me. I asked, "Well, do you even have one?" and she rudely replied, "I don't know. That's what I need to get back to you about!"

TWENTY minutes later I had my husband go down to the lobby and ask. The gentleman at the desk said they were working on it, but that their system showed the crib had been delivered. My husband invited him up to the room to check for himself! TWENTY more minutes later I once again called the front desk to be rudely told that somebody was working on it. Finally at almost midnight, two staff members brought the crib. They were very apologetic and accommodating. Good hotel, but need to stay on top of their guest services!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank eavatty
Taylor, Texas, United States
Reviewed November 15, 2011

I stay at this hotel whenever I'm in Harrisburg because I can count on it being a great place to stay. From check-in to check-out, everyone is nice and friendly. The room is large and comfortable. I have not even a tiny complaint, ever.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Montoursville, Pennsylvania
Reviewed October 31, 2011

We stayed at this hotel while attending the PA State Horse Show. It was only minutes from the show and easy to get to. The front desk staff was very polite and helpful. We ended up staying an extra night because of the Oct. snow storm, the staff helped us cheerfully book the additional night.
Rooms where clean, beds very comfortable. Would definitely stay here again...

Room Tip: This hotel offers adjoining rooms which is great when traveling with a large group