“An excellent hotel”

Ranked #42 of 50 Hotels in Harrisburg
Taylor, Texas, United States
“An excellent hotel”
Reviewed November 15, 2011

I stay at this hotel whenever I'm in Harrisburg because I can count on it being a great place to stay. From check-in to check-out, everyone is nice and friendly. The room is large and comfortable. I have not even a tiny complaint, ever.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Montoursville, Pennsylvania
Reviewed October 31, 2011

We stayed at this hotel while attending the PA State Horse Show. It was only minutes from the show and easy to get to. The front desk staff was very polite and helpful. We ended up staying an extra night because of the Oct. snow storm, the staff helped us cheerfully book the additional night.
Rooms where clean, beds very comfortable. Would definitely stay here again...

Room Tip: This hotel offers adjoining rooms which is great when traveling with a large group
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Yorba Linda, California
Reviewed October 30, 2011

Great location, greater staff, hotel rooms are great but the building needs some tlc.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Quitman, Texas
Reviewed October 17, 2011

Front desk staff friendly and nice. Clean Room and comfortable bed.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Ocoee, Florida
Reviewed September 30, 2011

This is a good hotel for a pre-flight stay. It should not be considered for a long term stay. Staff was nice and responsive.

• Stayed October 2010
CHESTERFIELD
Reviewed September 28, 2011

I have taken hundreds of showers in hotels around the world. I have experienced an occasional cold shower. This morning, September 28, 2011, at 8:30am, I was taking a shower and the water shut off. I toweled off and called the front desk. I received a response, Yeah, sorry about that. They're adjusting the water pump. It will be back on in a couple of minutes. When I checked out, no apologies or make goods were offered. I asked what brainiak would make a decision to cut off the water when guests were preparing to leave for the day? Why didn't they plan to do it at 3am rather than 8:30? No sympathetic response.

Other than this, the hotel needs a complete face lift. The A/C in my room was extremely noisy. There was little to no water pressure in the bathroom sink. I asked them to check it out, which I doubt they did because there was no improvement the next day.

I will say the young, petite lady with glasses at check-in on the evening of September 26 was extremely helpful and had a mini fridge sent to my room within five minutes. The rate was great through Hotel.com and the property is very well located.

I don't plan on staying at this hotel again until I know that a major renovation has been completed.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed September 28, 2011

I stayed at this hotel last week for business. Immediately upon entrance, I knew I had made a booking mistake. The lobby is out of date and the tiny desk they squeeze 2 front desk attendants at is a joke. And i dont want to forget to mention that the employees "uniforms" were both stained and wrinkled. I had an awful first impression- and it only got worse.

The hotel is not maintained well at all. The elevators are dilapidated and smell horrible and are extremely slow. They are also not ventilated/cooled so they are very warm- as are all the hallways throughout the hotel.

Upon check in, when I first entered my room, a man and a woman were in my room. I was shocked and scared but the man told me he was a manager and she was in house keeping and they were doing an inspection (yeah right).

Well, apparently the room passed inspection (though it shouldnt have). The bathroom was not clean and smelled like someone had recently used it for #2. BTW- that smell did not go away for my entire stay.

Think twice before booking here. I will not return.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business